Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 11:14 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,061 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceter
Honestly, I don't think calling the local consumer reporter will get you anywhere. The dealership's clients won't care and probably don't watch the local news anyway, and when (and if) the story airs, you'll come of as a whiny rich guy whose expensive supercar isn't as shiny as he would like.
That's probably true but what business doesn't want to grow its revenue base? BHP is acting as if they're perfectly happy with their local pool of customers and could give two ****s about lost opportunities and lost profits.

They could have fixed this a month and a half ago at a cost of maybe 20K between returning the 430, taking back the GTS and fixing it for resale. Instead, they've gone out of their way to look like unreasonable idiots that even refuse to comply with PCNA's CPO guidelines. I think chances are BHP has given up well over 20K in short term profits and who knows how much longer term. Word of mouth is powerful and even a small number of Los Angeles based customers reading this thread can do a lot of damage.
Old 07-02-2013, 11:31 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
My lawyer sent a letter under the California Consumers Legal Remedies act and the dealership has ignored it.

Not surprising really, given their behavior to date.

I think the next step is a lawsuit, this could take a long time to resolve. Meanwhile I have a very shabby looking GTS sitting gathering dust in my garage.
Don't look at it as a shabby BHP car.

Look at it as a Porsche CPO.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:18 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SnP
Don't look at it as a shabby BHP car.

Look at it as a Porsche CPO.
Not sure I'm following. It has a dinged wheel, chipped doors, damaged roof, poor paint and a weird stain on the rear bumper. That's not a car I'm going to drive.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM
SnP
Racer

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
Not sure I'm following. It has a dinged wheel, chipped doors, damaged roof, poor paint and a weird stain on the rear bumper. That's not a car I'm going to drive.
Yes, but still one of PCNA's finest, no?

Just making the point that Porsches brand is at risk when they choose to do nothing about dealers who CPO garbage cars.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:08 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

They don't seem to give a toss.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:13 PM
beden1
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You may want to start a thread asking for what others think of BHP based on their own experiences. I'm guessing that would generate some interesting responses, as well, the title of the thread will come up whenever someone Googles the dealership.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:34 PM
KeninBlaine
Drifting

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

As it has already been stated, dealerships like this don't need to worry about reputation because they are in an area where buyers have more money than brains and will walk in and buy what they want without knowing much about the car or caring about the reputation of the dealership. Any idiot could sell expensive cars in this kind of location. A salesman at a Ferrari dealership in Orange County told me one day that people would walk in, see the car they wanted, and promptly write a check for it and drive away.
I sincerely hopes the OP gets a suitable resolution to his situation.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:41 PM
beden1
Pro

Also, maybe someone here who is an attorney in CA could do you a solid and contact the dealership on your behalf.
Old 07-03-2013, 01:44 PM
beden1
Pro

Originally Posted by keninirvine
As it has already been stated, dealerships like this don't need to worry about reputation because they are in an area where buyers have more money than brains and will walk in and buy what they want without knowing much about the car or caring about the reputation of the dealership. Any idiot could sell expensive cars in this kind of location. A salesman at a Ferrari dealership in Orange County told me one day that people would walk in, see the car they wanted, and promptly write a check for it and drive away.
I sincerely hopes the OP gets a suitable resolution to his situation.
I'm not sure how many people go in and buy expensive cars on a whim anymore. That used to be the case when drug dealers would buy exotics with cash.

Maybe there are a few athletes and rappers who instantly hit it big, but most wealthy people did not get that way by throwing their money around frivolously
Old 07-03-2013, 03:19 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
I'm not sure how many people go in and buy expensive cars on a whim anymore. That used to be the case when drug dealers would buy exotics with cash.

Maybe there are a few athletes and rappers who instantly hit it big, but most wealthy people did not get that way by throwing their money around frivolously
You're right in that wealthy people tend to be the most parsimonious. (My wife was coming back from Board Meetings on the corporate jet (well, the jet actually belonged to the chairman of the board and he "rented it to the company when the Company Jet was being used for other purposes). Anyway, here's a guy worth several billion dollars who was obsessed with making sure that everyone got their complimentary lunch bag before getting on the plane.) That aside, my sales guy, who I've bought a bunch of cars from and tells me more than he probably should, says that the majority of his sales are people who basically walk in and plunk down a wad of cash for a car.
Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Abby Normal
In Your Face, Ace
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sad to see the path this situation has taken. There seems to have been some management changes going on out there and I'm not sure if for the better.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:16 PM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by Abby Normal
Sad to see the path this situation has taken. There seems to have been some management changes going on out there and I'm not sure if for the better.

I bet ya that it is NOT for the better.

I understand that BH Porsche was sold a few years back to investors that do not give a damn about customers and only are looking to rape the customers for good ol' profit. The reviews from customers having problems are many and I cannot understand how Porsche Cars NA can sit on their *** and do nothing. Franchise law notwithstanding, these guys need to be shut down.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:04 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

I recall that they tried their hand at being an RL sponsor at one point - Ryan Perrella represented BevHillsPorsche. Does anyone else remember this? I wonder if he deleted those postings from our 997 sub-forum. I seem to recall that the responses back then from our members was not favorable towards BHP and it went on for quite some time. I can't seem to find that thread anymore... I distinctly remember BHP claiming to be the #1 volume p-dealer in the US. If true then the volume of sales tends to boost the confidence of a p-dealer and that may explain their behavior (ignoring those bad customer experiences and delete whenever possible any negative postings from the public) and I bet PCNA doesn't want to disrupt their "cash cow" regardless of how it affects their image. I did find one thread from BHP that was not deleted... not surprising in that no one slammed them on this posting. Of course, it's on the Carrera GT sub-forum... not enough traffic to come across a pre-existing customer experience. https://rennlist.com/forums/carrera-...s-porsche.html
Old 07-03-2013, 08:37 PM
beden1
Pro

Originally Posted by USMC_DS1
I recall that they tried their hand at being an RL sponsor at one point - Ryan Perrella represented BevHillsPorsche. Does anyone else remember this? I wonder if he deleted those postings from our 997 sub-forum. I seem to recall that the responses back then from our members was not favorable towards BHP and it went on for quite some time. I can't seem to find that thread anymore... I distinctly remember BHP claiming to be the #1 volume p-dealer in the US. If true then the volume of sales tends to boost the confidence of a p-dealer and that may explain their behavior (ignoring those bad customer experiences and delete whenever possible any negative postings from the public) and I bet PCNA doesn't want to disrupt their "cash cow" regardless of how it affects their image. I did find one thread from BHP that was not deleted... not surprising in that no one slammed them on this posting. Of course, it's on the Carrera GT sub-forum... not enough traffic to come across a pre-existing customer experience. https://rennlist.com/forums/carrera-...s-porsche.html
Beverly Hills Porsche does not appear to be listed as a Rennlist Sponsor. A Google search lists them as Porsche Beverly Hills and Beverly Hills Porsche.
Old 07-03-2013, 08:40 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by beden1
Beverly Hills Porsche does not appear to be listed as a Rennlist Sponsor.
Yes... looks like they are listed as a "former sponsor" now if you can find any of their postings.

Quick Reply: My poor car