Sponsored by:

My poor car

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 PM
chsu74
Rennlist Member

Received 314 Likes on 262 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
One of the protestors is claiming that a customers valuable car was left in an unsecure location overnight and something happened to it. But they are just being paid to be a nuisance so who knows how accurate that might be.
Ha Ha! Not a good month for them.. Perhaps you should find out who the lawyer is suing for $400K to replace the 993TTS

https://rennlist.com/forums/993-turb...a-turbo-s.html
Old 06-27-2013, 07:55 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Nice find!!

I think they are mentioned in the article. I passed it on to my lawyers
Old 06-27-2013, 09:38 PM
Marine Blue
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 807 Likes on 469 Posts

I hope they lose!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM
DealerRater
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjsporsche
Welcome to the forum.

I am curious what has been other feedback with respect to BH Porsche. The Yelp reviews are not good. The experience with the OP is horrible.

I hope the dealer does pay attention to the site. Their tactic is to remove Facebook posts that are negative and to dismiss other comments on Yelp.

A few other forums (such as Bimmerfest) has a sub forum "Dealer Feedback" which I find very interesting to compare posts. Maybe the Rennlist Gods should think about a similar sub forum and of course you could be the moderator!
Thank you for the welcome mjsporsche,

I was a little hesitant to jump into the forum and definitely consider myself a guest here. I'm not an owner, yet, but I've certainly admired the brand over the years. I used to spend quite a bit of time in the showroom with Ford Jones from Hennessy Porsche in North Atlanta. I personally represent DealerRater because of him, and others like him that I've met along the way in retail automotive. There are some great guys and gals in this business that are trustworthy and honest and it genuinely bothers me when they get lumped in with the antics of this dealer unfairly. The industry is undergoing a slow change directly resulting from the information age. As a consumer you are armed with more information at your disposal than ever before. You can research the car in the form of reviews, expected pricing, vehicle history to some extent, and pertinent to this conversation, the dealer's history as well. All of this is forcing a change in retail for all industry, not just automotive, but automotive is unique in that the consumer generally expects a "bad experience" when they step in the dealership. I believe that is changing and has to change. Recent developments with Tesla may force the issue in many unforeseen ways.

All of that to say that a vocal consumer online, whether positive or negative, has a tremendous ripple effect on a business. I am really hopeful that this dealer attempts to resolve the complaint. If they misrepresented a sight unseen purchase that had obvious condition issues they need to address internal procedural failings that may have caused the issue.

The feedback on this dealer is not good overall. There are far more negative comments than positive from consumers that have posted on our site. My advice to the original poster is to continue to be vocal about your displeasure in the public arenas. Shining a bright light on a mistake can often bring its remedy quickly.

As for subs for dealer feedback, I think that is great, but remember that your community ebbs and flows with community members as they depart with their former pride and joy or acquire a new one. A dealer feedback sub that is not visible to potential buyers. or the dealers for that matter, may not serve the greater good of the community of owners at large. I'm not at all against it, but I wouldn't do it to the exclusion of other more visible platforms.

Best to you all and to the OP. I sincerely hope this issue is resolved for you quickly.

Ryan
Old 07-01-2013, 11:58 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

Any update on this?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

My lawyer sent a letter under the California Consumers Legal Remedies act and the dealership has ignored it.

Not surprising really, given their behavior to date.

I think the next step is a lawsuit, this could take a long time to resolve. Meanwhile I have a very shabby looking GTS sitting gathering dust in my garage.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:24 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,061 Likes on 744 Posts

Originally Posted by Lozzy997
My lawyer sent a letter under the California Consumers Legal Remedies act and the dealership has ignored it.

Not surprising really, given their behavior to date.

I think the next step is a lawsuit, this could take a long time to resolve. Meanwhile I have a very shabby looking GTS sitting gathering dust in my garage.
Sounds like PCNA is doing an impressive job "facilitating" a solution. Isn't that what they said they would do?
Old 07-01-2013, 10:38 PM
Lozzy997
Racer

As someone who facilitates on occasion I know there are good ones and bad ones.

Right now PCNA are the latter
Old 07-01-2013, 11:29 PM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Terrible story.
Last yr I bought 993tt from a p dealer, with a ppi (clean).
When I got it home, I dug around, found the previous owner (a ten yr track rat in this car). I found welded in roll bar mounts under the carpet, previous off track incident with the guard rail at Sebring and never reported, etc, clearly not as advertised.
I called the dealer, they bought it back from me no questions asked. The po had been very sneaky in retuning the car st stock and hiding things. I believe they even took the guy to court.
Even with a clean ppi, stuff can be missed. A lot depends on the dealer I think.
Gl
Old 07-02-2013, 08:31 AM
CarreraX
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

This is absolutely amazing! WTF! Seriously, a Beverly Hills Porsche dealer blatantly screwing over a customer and not giving a ****. The fact that PCNA hasn't done anything is equally amazing. I have been a die hard Porsche fan for a long time. This is a serious tarnish on their reputation. Also, I remember a Beverly hills Porsche dealer rep that was on Rennlist a few times. Please don't back off of these guys!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Lozzy997
Racer

Definitely not backing off, but I don't think it can be rushed. They really don't give a damn about their reputation (or they think the vanilla "we really care and would like to resolve the situation" posts are sufficient to placate their customer base).
Old 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 168 Posts

Sadly, the majority of BHP's customer base will never be aware of these kinds of things.
But that's no reason to stop. The dealer's strategy to ignore/delay/prolong is based on making you give up (as most people do, eventually).
Stick with it. You'll prevail, but it won't be quick.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:53 PM
getyup
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you ever thought about calling up a news station? Here in Hawaii we have a news station that you can call and tell them about any misrepresentations or scams to consumers coming from a business. Every week they have a report on the Actionline segment to tell consumers what happened and if business corrected problem resulting from business being on Actionline in the first place.
Old 07-02-2013, 03:02 PM
iammulva
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by getyup
Have you ever thought about calling up a news station?

AND ALSO THIS

http://www.bbb.org/los-angeles/busin...le-a-complaint

Old 07-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 415 Likes on 245 Posts

Honestly, I don't think calling the local consumer reporter will get you anywhere. The dealership's clients won't care and probably don't watch the local news anyway, and when (and if) the story airs, you'll come of as a whiny rich guy whose expensive supercar isn't as shiny as he would like.

There are alot of jealous wealth-haters out there (they park next to me whenever I take my 997 out) and no matter whether you're right or wrong, they'll think you're a douche.

You seem to be handling this well. It will all come out in the wash and I'm sure you'll eventually prevail--it'll just take forever and the car in your garage will continue to depreciate as it sits.

It's the waiting that would drive me crazy.

Quick Reply: My poor car