Sponsored by:

Porsche Parking Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 12:33 PM
Ynot
Three Wheelin'

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
If I park far far away from every other car in the lot and you park right next to me despite the availability of 50 other spots.......yes....you are a jackass!

Tom
+1, you can easily parked one space away, why parked right next to it.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:42 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Ynot
+1, you can easily parked one space away, why parked right next to it.
Happened to me last week at Home Depot. Parked on the other end of the lot with 2 dozen spaces to spare around me. As I was entering HD I realized that I had left my cell phone in the car. Went back to my car and there he was... Guy in his beat up Ram p/u truck parked next to my car on his cell phone. I was away from my car for a total of maybe 30 seconds. It just didn't feel right about the whole thing so I just re-parked at the front of HD near a curb providing enough space between my car and the other parked car. Also activated the manual recording function on my vehicle black box to capture the guy's license plate JIC as I pulled away. In recent times... I find that I prefer parking spaces towards the front of a business especially if it's next to a divider/curb to protect one side... also increases the possibility of someone and/or the business' security camera capturing an incident should my car get vandalized by a jack-****. My car's vehicle black box also records the front while parked.

On a lighter note my younger son got me this gift for my b-day. It'll go up on my home garage but I was more impressed by the fact that he knew to order it from pelicanparts.
Name:  P1020509.JPG
Views: 110
Size:  103.8 KB
Old 05-13-2013, 01:52 PM
MDClint
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
That my friend is a story that warmed my heart!

Tom
Haha! It's been a couple years now but I still get a smile out of it. Especially now that the Audi is gone and I don’t have to see the damage anymore….Getting one back on the people that have no respect for another person’s property.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:30 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

went to grocery store yesterday (publix)... and parked in middle of nowhere,

walked out to see a gentleman that had parked right ahead of me in a subaru walking from his car with his cart.... he went a couple spots over and then walked back with cart and left it not more than foot from my cars rear 1/4...

was nothing anywhere near us for a few spots and we literally saw him walk w/ cart and then turn back around.. walking towards my car and somewhat peeved, i asked him if he felt it was necessary to purposely leave the cart not even a foot from my car... i said it doesn;t matter what kind of car it is.. but why he would walk it away from his car but leave it next to mine...

he said nothing, so i took the cart, walked it over to his car and left it behind his car same as he had with mine about a ft from bumper and walked back to my car and drove away.

considering their was a curb between us, i would have backed into the cart had i not seen it.. and he also had to get out of car to move cart..

guy never said anything, just looked at me like i was crazy.. probably late 50's early 60;s.

i seriously dont understand people.
Old 05-13-2013, 04:22 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Douche, four open spaces in all directions.
How, so? He's in his space just fine. No problem for you. Whats the problem exactly?

I'd do the same? I'd park next to someone who is already parked well. That way I have better odds that at least on one side I don' have to worry about some jerk parking poorly.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:23 PM
Little Green
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 47 Posts

My wife had an incident recently at our soccer field in her 2012 benz. She took her car in on thursday to get a few dings repaired and one repaint on her front bumper. Needless to say Sunday morning she is parked on the soccer field watching my daughter play. Parked her car perfectly between the lines. She stayed in the car due to the cold weather. Moron lady in the SUV parks next to her right on the white line. Wife glares at her and my wife decides to move her car another 3 inches over. The passenger in the SUV then proceeds to open the door and hits my wifes car anyway. Wife rolls down the window and tells says "seriously?" The woman then just stares back and says "it's just a car". At which point my wife calls me to handle the situation as she is pissed beyond words. The driver and I have a conversation (she is an attorney) and we exchange numbers as my wife was ready to loose it. Needless to say the car got fixed as part of our dent program with Benz but it people in general are so stupid when it comes to this sort of thing. They just have no respect for anyone else property
Old 05-13-2013, 08:19 PM
jeffrec
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Okay, let me pile on as well. So I drive to Whole Foods Market yesterday for a quick in and out. I parked far away from everyone else and against the curb for double protection. After 5 minutes I come out and there next to me is some old beater with two women in it. The passenger door was no more than a foot from my car, in fact I didn't even want to try to squeeze into the drivers door. Fortunately they were leaving once I got to my car (makes me wonder what they were doing in the first place because they didn't go into the store). Long story short they pull away giving me the stink eye like I was inconveniencing them. Fortunately, no door dings!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
D1coach
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 50 Posts

Parked on the far side of a strip mall today, had several spaces all around me. Came back out, there is a 4 door Dodge Ram pick up parked 6- 8” from my passenger side. Two ladies were talking behind the truck as I carefully examined the side of my car – one of them says, “I barely had room to get out of my truck, lucky I didn’t hit your car".
Old 05-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Little Green
The woman then just stares back and says "it's just a car".
I'm pretty sure thats the point at which I'd snap, get out, find the tire iron or other suitable rigid instrument and go postal on the side of the lady's car say, hey, its just a car.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM
alexb76
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 59 Posts

Always try to park next to a pole, wall, etc... where at least one side is taken and idiots cannot get in there!
Old 05-15-2013, 08:25 PM
USMC_DS1
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by alexb76
Always try to park next to a pole, wall, etc... where at least one side is taken and idiots cannot get in there!
+1... dealing with one idiot is better than two.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:41 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Minok
How, so? He's in his space just fine. No problem for you. Whats the problem exactly?

I'd do the same? I'd park next to someone who is already parked well. That way I have better odds that at least on one side I don' have to worry about some jerk parking poorly.
I was in the back of the lot, all by my self!

And again the other day.
Attached Images  
Old 05-20-2013, 03:00 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
I was in the back of the lot, all by my self!

And again the other day.
^^
So if the door doesn't get you, the ladder will.

Quick Reply: Porsche Parking Problems