CEL opinions and suggestions!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 08:51 PM
Kschles
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CEL opinions and suggestions!

Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new here, and have been lurking around for a while. Picked up a 997 a few months ago.

I have two codes thrown that I would love a hand with.

I reset the codes and they came back after a few drives, so it's time to fix.

First one is "brake pedal position sensor". All rear lights work fine with no problems. No issues what's so ever.

Is the sensor just on the way out and needs replacement or is there more to it? Any info is greatly appreciated.

Second code is large tank leak. My gas cap and oring look good and I haven't replaced them yet. Where is the cannister at so I could check the lines? Front driver or passenger wheel well? Any information to point me in the right direction to fix these issues is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Kevin
Old 05-20-2013, 08:12 AM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by Kschles
Hello everyone,

Second code is large tank leak. My gas cap and oring look good and I haven't replaced them yet. Where is the cannister at so I could check the lines? Front driver or passenger wheel well? Any information to point me in the right direction to fix these issues is greatly appreciated.
This may not help, but it can be associated with fueling the car with the engine running or not getting the cap secured to the point of getting the clicks.

To access the carbon canister you'll need to remove the frunk's luggage compartment cover and the CD changer assembly. That should give you access to the evap lines in front. IF you do have a "large leak" exercise caution if you use any electrical tools or lighting. www.alldatadiy.com has a long and thorough work instructions for this job.

Good luck and be safe!

Last edited by CAVU; 05-20-2013 at 08:02 PM.

Quick Reply: CEL opinions and suggestions!