Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche Parking Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 AM
TommyV44
Drifting

Received 458 Likes on 265 Posts

Minivans are the worst! Minivans mean 2 things that are not Porsche friendly....married women and kids!

Both oblivious!

Tom
Old 03-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Tcc1999
Three Wheelin'

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by TommyV44
Minivans are the worst! Minivans mean 2 things that are not Porsche friendly....married women and kids!

Both oblivious!

Tom
I swear to God I had a mini van park about 8 inches from my drivers side once. Dings weren't an issue b/c there was so little room that no one in the mini van could have squeezed out, even from the sliding door. I have a hard time thinking anyone could be that oblivious. So in this case the worst experience I had was having to climb from the passenger side to the drivers side (with sport seats) - not a particularly easy thing to do (depending on age and flexibility) and probably close to impossible in the 991.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:04 PM
PCC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Three spots to my right. Two to my left. Three rows from the closest store. Where does this a-hole park?
Attached Images  
Old 03-26-2013, 01:13 PM
PCC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Domer911
the mistake you may be making is that there's malice in their choosing that space or parking like they did. That's a narcissistic view of the circumstances for sure. My wife drives the same SUV and parks like that when nobody is around. You never know.
Narcissistic view? The poor parking is either (a) done with malice/resentment (b) lazy/inconsiderate or (c) the person is too stupid to realize what they are doing. In either case it is highly annoying.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:14 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd be more worried about that shopping cart.

Looks like the Saab was protecting you.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:19 PM
PCC
Instructor

Originally Posted by Mojo31
I'd be more worried about that shopping cart.

Looks like the Saab was protecting you.
The Saab is downhill from me (lot has a slight slope). He's not really that close. However, he consciously parked there (out of his way). irks me!!
Old 03-26-2013, 01:23 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by Tcc1999
I swear to God I had a mini van park about 8 inches from my drivers side once. Dings weren't an issue b/c there was so little room that no one in the mini van could have squeezed out, even from the sliding door. I have a hard time thinking anyone could be that oblivious. So in this case the worst experience I had was having to climb from the passenger side to the drivers side (with sport seats) - not a particularly easy thing to do (depending on age and flexibility) and probably close to impossible in the 991.
You are my idol! At my age I would have to put the roof down and ask someone for a boost!

Tom
Old 03-26-2013, 01:24 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by PCC
Three spots to my right. Two to my left. Three rows from the closest store. Where does this a-hole park?
It's like the cars are a GD magnet!

Tom
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
TommyV44
Drifting

Originally Posted by PCC
Narcissistic view? The poor parking is either (a) done with malice/resentment (b) lazy/inconsiderate or (c) the person is too stupid to realize what they are doing. In either case it is highly annoying.
My vote is for too stupid!

Tom
Old 03-26-2013, 01:35 PM
DWF
Intermediate

I had this happen to me in my thirteen year old Tahoe. I couldn't get in on the driver's side--------------until I opened up enough space in their door by repetitively banging mine against theirs.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:43 PM
zanwar
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whichever one of our cars I'm driving (Range Rover included), I park in the furthest, most protected spot I can find. Failing that, I look for a Porsche to park next to on the assumption the owner will be likely to take care when returning to their vehicle and not damage my car in the process. After reading some of these comments I'm rethinking that assumption.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
larrytrk
Rennlist Member

Received 74 Likes on 49 Posts

The Saab is exactly like my beater, which I love, nearly, as much as my P car.
I would park the same way to protect my Saab from dings!!!!!
Many of us are just as paranoid about our S cars, as well!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Phrozac
4th Gear

I say f it and take my half out of the middle (as in park in the cross between 4 spaces). Someone will always find a way to go out of their way as a kind of juvy prank, but those are few and far between...
Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM
Minok
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
the mistake you may be making is that there's malice in their choosing that space or parking like they did. That's a narcissistic view of the circumstances for sure. My wife drives the same SUV and parks like that when nobody is around. You never know.
There may be no malice, but there clearly is no competence in the parker's skillset. Putting a sticker that reads "I park like an ***-hat" on thier licensene plate or on the passenger door as you finally manage to squeeze in, might give them a clue, but not likley.

Teach your wife how to park properly.
Old 03-26-2013, 07:45 PM
mattyf
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Originally Posted by dbv1
Funny how he's not one bit concerned about being dinged by a Porsche. LOL.
Actually, my theory is this is exactly why this happens. There is no safer place to park your car than next to a nice Porsche (or similar). Doing so basically assures you that you won't get a door ding. It is the only reasonable cause for this kind of thing to happen so frequently to so many of us.
Is there a echo in here? Perhaps imitation is the highest form of flattery or this is just great minds think alike

Quick Reply: Porsche Parking Problems