Sponsored by:

Porsche Parking Problems

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 01:10 PM
Devil Boy
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Gaspasser19
I read somewhere that one guy had such a difficult time squeezing into his car after one of those asshat parking maneuvers that it caused him to have a seizure in the hand that was holding his key all over the side of the offending car
I heard most valve stems are made of rubber and cut easy with a sharp knife.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

the mistake you may be making is that there's malice in their choosing that space or parking like they did. That's a narcissistic view of the circumstances for sure. My wife drives the same SUV and parks like that when nobody is around. You never know.
Old 03-24-2013, 02:38 PM
Fred R. C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 90 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Devil Boy
I heard most valve stems are made of rubber and cut easy with a sharp knife.
Removing air from the offside tires will cause the vehicle to lean towards the off side allowing more room for ingress.

Not that I've ever done this.....just saying.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM
CAVU
Rennlist Member

Received 379 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Fred R. C4S
Removing air from the offside tires will cause the vehicle to lean towards the off side allowing more room for ingress.

Not that I've ever done this.....just saying.
I like it when street smarts, civics lessons and the laws of physics can coexist. Not endorsing it though. There are eyes everywhere

Last edited by CAVU; 03-24-2013 at 08:06 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Alot of parking lots have cameras....
Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 PM
zirrah
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not something just limited to Porsches. Used to happen constantly with my old M3. I think people just wanna look at the car, that or know you are likely going to be careful with your car and don't want anything to happen to theirs.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by Chaos
Newbies this WILL happen to you!
I have to call you out here. There's some n00bness on your end too. I see plenty of room in the back to the left. Always park farthest away from the entrance regardless of whether there are empty parts of the parking lot closer to the entrance. Two benefits of that practice: ding-free car and a tee-wee bit of exercise.

Funny how he's not one bit concerned about being dinged by a Porsche. LOL.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:53 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dbv1
Funny how he's not one bit concerned about being dinged by a Porsche. LOL.
Actually, my theory is this is exactly why this happens. There is no safer place to park your car than next to a nice Porsche (or similar). Doing so basically assures you that you won't get a door ding. It is the only reasonable cause for this kind of thing to happen so frequently to so many of us.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM
cairo94507
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 74 Posts

I would never suggest anyone intentionally damage someone else's car. In this day of video surveillance you could be gambling with a vandalism criminal charge. Not worth it.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 PM
2005997carrera2
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CAVU
and valet parkers could give a $hit too...

I had words with the hotel manager and he was not pleased either. I learned that most hotels contract out their valet parking.

The manager did comp my valet parking for the duration of the stay and there was no harm to the car.
I tend not to leave my car with valet, because I always picture Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I guess I've learned after leaving my car with my local dealership and coming back to a huge scratch running all the way down the passenger side door that my car will never be safe.
Old 03-24-2013, 10:46 PM
Thundermoose
Burning Brakes

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

Porsche Parking Problem Solved....

Old 03-24-2013, 11:08 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 735 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
Actually, my theory is this is exactly why this happens. There is no safer place to park your car than next to a nice Porsche (or similar). Doing so basically assures you that you won't get a door ding. It is the only reasonable cause for this kind of thing to happen so frequently to so many of us.
May be a southern thing but another reasonable cause here is an abundance of pickup and older model, large SUV drivers with attitudes. They just don't like high end cars and seem to have a hard time containing themselves when spotting one in traffic . Tailgating is a favorite along with the parking thing. One such idiot got worked up enough where he rear ended me at a stop sign while I was just sitting there waiting for traffic.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:13 PM
AlohaCS
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That had me cryin'. I couldn't stop laughing.

I would just be worried that he would take it out on my car as he was leaving.
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 PM
dbv1
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by fbfisher
You're onto something. They do the same even with my Audi (911 is a magnet, way worse). Park it 400' from the entrance, all by itself, every once in a while find a Dodge Caravan right next to it 15 min later.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:39 AM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 413 Likes on 243 Posts

Odd that this comes up. I have noticed this before but it happened to me just last night at the grocery store. I parked at the very back and the lot was only half full. Came out twenty minutes later and there's a mini-van parked right next to me.

We were like a lonely island in the middle of a sea of concrete. There was no way that lady would have parked there if my car had not been there first.

And I have no idea why she parked there, although the sheep comment earlier seems to ring true. And it's never nice cars, it's always total POS sleds and they're always close enough to be inside the door's radius of death. They rarely ding me, but the fact that they're there and so carelessly parked always irks me.

Quick Reply: Porsche Parking Problems