Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 12:33 PM
rodsky
Rennlist Member

Received 845 Likes on 574 Posts

Originally Posted by moab
Don't forget Canadians, eh.
Sorry - yes - my bad - it will not be sold to any Canadians - although libs and gays cover most of them anyways.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rodsky
Sorry - yes - my bad - it will not be sold to any Canadians - although libs and gays cover most of them anyways.
That's an unfair characterisation. Canada has no greater proportion of libs and gays than any other country, if factoring out the number of unwitting homosexual encounters and expressions of liberalism occurring whilst intoxicated.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

Originally Posted by limey940
When i was spending my misspent youth in the UK pubs closed at 10.30 PM.
Didn't cause people to drink less...just faster.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:45 PM
scotsskier
Advanced

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
And whilst the rest of the civilised world (that is to say, western Europe minus France, and the UK minus Northern Ireland) does tend to lean more in line with US democrats/liberals, I suggest that is only because they haven't lived and worked here. After a few decades, if any Euro/UK expats living in the US aren't swayed to the side of conservatism, it's because they've either left the country or are blithering idiots.

So true!

However, I need to make some important clarifications on this thread to correct some of the misconceptions that are being perpetuated. PB and Limey you both gave yourselves away by calling yourselves Brits. There is no such thing.....anyone who calls themselves a Brit must be English.

Those of us from a real country on the island would NEVER claim to be a Brit!

Now, did someone say Macallan?
Old 07-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Mumbles
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by scotsskier
So true!

However, I need to make some important clarifications on this thread to correct some of the misconceptions that are being perpetuated. PB and Limey you both gave yourselves away by calling yourselves Brits. There is no such thing.....anyone who calls themselves a Brit must be English.

Let's go Braveheart !........YEEEEEE HAAAAAAAA
Old 07-25-2012, 03:09 PM
Palmbeacher
Banned

PB and Limey you both gave yourselves away by calling yourselves Brits. There is no such thing.....anyone who calls themselves a Brit must be English.
Well of course we're English...else we'd talk funny and wear skirts.
Old 07-25-2012, 04:19 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Palmbeacher
Didn't cause people to drink less...just faster.
true, what a lot of people believe are the roots of the binge drinking that seem so prevalent in England
Old 07-25-2012, 04:23 PM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

So true!

True, love Scotland and in particular the west coast, was going up the Skye when i was still knee high to a grasshopper. I remember my first experience of scottish nationalism when i was pretty young and a Scottish guy was explaining to my father how pissed the scots were that for example all the motorways (infrastructure) basically stopped where scotland started and how England was getting all the benefits of Scottish oil revenue.
Im a talisker guy myself..cheers
Old 07-26-2012, 04:17 AM
Nugget
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I've been to London countless times, but never Scotland. I'll be there this September, though, to run in the Loch Ness Marathon. My training for the race involves a lot of Glenmorangie and Aberlour. Have to get in the right spirit. Or the other way around.
Old 07-26-2012, 10:38 AM
limey940
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Nugget
I've been to London countless times, but never Scotland. I'll be there this September, though, to run in the Loch Ness Marathon. My training for the race involves a lot of Glenmorangie and Aberlour. Have to get in the right spirit. Or the other way around.
Good luck in the race, if you get a chance try and take a few days to drive up the west coast, through Glen Coe, the road to Oban is incredible, or Kyle of lochalsh and drive across to Skye.

cheers

Quick Reply: Drove a brand new 991S and 997GTS