Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Peeling climate control buttons - a new solution ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 12:16 AM
shyamvenky
Burning Brakes

Received 168 Likes on 105 Posts

Just to play devli's advocate here.. it could be a legit user trying to prank us all and earn ClimaRepair bad rep.
I haven't bought anything from ClimaRepair, so I can't comment on their good service or lack thereof.
But I think we should wait for an Admin to come back with more on this..
Old 02-20-2019, 11:32 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,428 Likes on 2,701 Posts

While on the subject of worn/sticky buttons, I wanted to mention that Mercedes Benz radio buttons during the late 1990's/ early 2000's were notorious for becoming not only sticky but over time mis-shaped - Like a soft tootsie roll.
Not sure why
Old 02-20-2019, 06:54 PM
Climarepair.com
Former Sponsor

Received 92 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by shyamvenky
Just to play devli's advocate here.. it could be a legit user trying to prank us all and earn ClimaRepair bad rep.
I haven't bought anything from ClimaRepair, so I can't comment on their good service or lack thereof.
But I think we should wait for an Admin to come back with more on this..

We have nothing to do with this user.

We we do not sell Climarepair V4 anymore.

Admins can check anything they need.

all I can say is: Hey, we finally released an awesome product but still, some members are Trying to spread but reputation for us. Not very fair IMHO, karma will do the rest.

best regards,
john
Old 02-20-2019, 08:45 PM
cosm3os
Burning Brakes

Received 93 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com

all I can say is: Hey, we finally released an awesome product but still, some members are Trying to spread but reputation for us. Not very fair IMHO, karma will do the rest.
Actually, that is karma.
The following users liked this post:
63mercedes (06-23-2021)
Old 02-20-2019, 10:00 PM
Iceter
Drifting

Received 412 Likes on 243 Posts

Originally Posted by Climarepair.com

We have nothing to do with this user.

We we do not sell Climarepair V4 anymore.

Admins can check anything they need.

all I can say is: Hey, we finally released an awesome product...
And it only took you five tries.

I don't believe in coincidences and I don't believe in karma. The latter is a good thing for you, I think.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:26 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

@dr bob and mods - we've heard nothing from @rfloydman on this thread, or any others, since his mysterious first post plugging Climarepair. Curious enough, however, Climarepair just so happened to reply.

I think any reasonable person can assume @rfloydman is in fact a shell account for @Climarepair.com. I would ask you to ban both accounts for a clear violation of the Terms of Use:
  • @rfloydman is in violation of Section 2.A.8 for posting "content that offers, promotes, advertises or provides links to unsolicited products or services. "
  • @Climarepair.com is in violation of Section 3.B. for impersonating a user and using shell accounts to promote his product: "A user may not create or use additional accounts or any account of another and must not permit, enable, induce or encourage others to create accounts for him/her or it."

@John Cobra - this is the only truthful thing you've posted on this forum: "karma will in fact do the rest".
Old 02-25-2019, 11:45 AM
mbatarga
Racer

Received 59 Likes on 31 Posts

I don't think rfloydman is a shill. The join date goes back years. Do a google search - the same UserID shows up in comments for a 997 on BAT on an auction that was not recent.
Old 02-25-2019, 11:55 AM
dasams
Rennlist Member

Received 372 Likes on 261 Posts

Originally Posted by mbatarga
I don't think rfloydman is a shill. The join date goes back years.
+1 Plus he says that the job wasn't as easy as he expected. Discouraging a DYI is not something Climarepair would do.
Old 02-25-2019, 01:12 PM
TheBruce
Three Wheelin'

Received 444 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by mbatarga
I don't think rfloydman is a shill. The join date goes back years. Do a google search - the same UserID shows up in comments for a 997 on BAT on an auction that was not recent.
If so my faith in humanity will be restored :-)

@rfloydman we welcome you to the community and patiently wait for your return.
Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 PM
Arctic997
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Previous versions of the Climarepair switches may have been garbage. The Revolution version is perfect.

I sympathize with some members being salty if they purchased previous versions, and I hope that if they reach out to John he makes them whole, but the new Revolutions are OEM or better. Let's not limit our choices to one supplier that uses the same coating as the originals... which is the reason why we replace them.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:10 PM
Flat_Six_
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Arctic997
Previous versions of the Climarepair switches may have been garbage. The Revolution version is perfect.

I sympathize with some members being salty if they purchased previous versions, and I hope that if they reach out to John he makes them whole, but the new Revolutions are OEM or better. Let's not limit our choices to one supplier that uses the same coating as the originals... which is the reason why we replace them.
do you have a set?
Old 02-25-2019, 09:15 PM
Arctic997
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Flat_Six_

do you have a set?
I do. I was in an interesting position before I ordered from Climarepair. I was initially going to refinish myself, order through MACarbon if I failed. What I didn't anticipate was breaking one of the long arms (the ones with square holes) and thus eliminating myself from the core exchange required at MACarbon.

I'm not trying to make enemies on this forum. Since I joined RL, and before I ordered from Climarepair, I had read most if not all, the comments on Climarepair. Because of that, it was the most unnerving order I've ever placed. Waiting for tracking info was anxiety ridden, and when received, required Google translate. I was hypersensitive to the orders entire process until I received them.

However, John was reasonably responsive to my emails. Replying within a, if not the, day. The switches arrived, and I'm pleased with the quality so far. I can't comment on durability because they're newly installed. I feel obligated to say that the look is perfect. Temp font and Fan icon size/placement of both is excellent. Finish is excellent. Mechanical fit is excellent. A little more slick than original, but that should be expected as its not rubberized. The light shines through and is indistinguishable from original.

Again, I can't comment on durability and may never be able to as I have a cab and I live in Minnesota. The car doesn't run below 60F. When it's above 60F, the top is down, and HVAC is irrelevant.

Again, I'm not trying to make forum enemies, I was in a tight-spot, painted myself into a corner (pun not intended, but accurate). I closed my eyes, crossed my fingers, and ordered the Climarepair's.

It worked out well for me. The Revolution switches are a nice product.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:14 PM
97pt993
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just want to chim in, I'm new to this forum I use to be here more when I had my 964, I now have an Cayman S. I don't get any free ones or work for John. I want to replace those switches so yes John's site comes up first then I saw MAcarbon. I cannot tell the difference from the website, so I decided to try CR version 3? whatever he calls it.

from order to my hands took 11 days, I didn't pay for the extra fee shipping, just the regular free shipping.

I installed it the same day, looks and feels like OEM. Toggles just fine. I agree V1 looks like some kindergarten kid painted them.

So I didn't have any issues with CR, I do not know how long this will last but I kept my old one and already stripped it and painted all black, so if CR switch goes bad I'll just going to put my OEM ones back, and maybe pay for the MAcarbon ones.

as long John stands behind his previous generation stuff and give free upgrade to unsatisfied customer I think is fair.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:21 PM
Lou Gaussa
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Climarepair Revolution Switches

I purchased the Climarepair Revolution replacement switches. They arrived on schedule and the quality is great. They fit perfectly in the HVAC unit. The finish is first rate and the installation instructions worked as provided. These are a new “series” of replacement switches that appear to address all of the prior issues.
Old 03-10-2019, 09:37 AM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 981 Likes on 529 Posts

I don't have a dog in this fight but it seems curious that all the new endorsements come from users with 2 posts or less.

Quick Reply: Peeling climate control buttons - a new solution ?