Sponsored by:

Cars Trashed at Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 03:20 PM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,008 Likes on 716 Posts

Originally Posted by 9elf S
The part of the story I find unbelievable is that the P Club would return to the hotel after a number of its members were treated in the manner described.
I would look for the explanation somewhere in the lounge/restaurang area. A lot of people won't let anything get in the way of free stuff that goes in your mouth.
Old 06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Ucube
Dan, I hope that turquoise blue beauty gets restored to its previous condition. Please update and post pics when the detailing is done.

This whole ordeal really sucks...
I don't think its turquoise
Old 06-19-2009, 03:43 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I don't think its turquoise
of course it is!
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my dealer has one that looks a lot like yours on my monitor and it's coded "Mexico" Blue. stunning i must say. but the int is blk and so isn't as pretty as yours either.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:33 PM
9elf S
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I would look for the explanation somewhere in the lounge/restaurang area. A lot of people won't let anything get in the way of free stuff that goes in your mouth.
Sad, but true...amazing what people will do for free pizza or a t-shirt.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:07 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
of course it is!
My apologies. I thought it had a different name. I thought turquoise was reserved for old T birds.
Attached Images  

Last edited by MUSSBERGER; 06-20-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:32 PM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by OCBen
You mean they're giving out free pizza?

I'm there!

+1
Old 06-21-2009, 03:00 AM
PAULSPEED
Pro

Default Looks like Emile's GT-3 got busted!

Good job Edgy getting this incident posted. Looks
like things worked out. Some one started detailing
Phil's car about 1:00 and finished about 4:00OM. Must
of added some speed to his car.
Paul
Old 06-21-2009, 03:40 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Andrew is the detailer. He did the Cayman S and GT3 a couple of days ago. (The black GT3 was a 7 hour job, with an assistant). Andrew is coming by on Monday morning to start on the BLUE TURQUOISE car.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Steve-o
Dan,

keep us updated on how the detail went. Are you using Woody?
The detail work was completed today. It was done by Aficionauto Detail in Santa Barbara. Andrew is the owner.

In anticipation of their arrival I thoroughly washed the car with Dawn, concentrating on the canvas top, as much calcium had built up on that. With lots of water, that stuff finally broke down. I put the car up on 4 jack stands inside my garage so that he and his assistant could focus upon and access things without having too much trouble.

They spent about 4-1/2 hours on it. They wound up using an extremely light paint cleaner on it, after clay work and precleaning work with concentrated soap solution and special rinse water. Access to certain parts of the car was very difficult. In particular, the deployable tail's internal but visible) black plastic parts were very hard to access. Also, a bunch of that crud was all over the inside of the upper luggage compartment area. (This area routinely drains when the car is rained upon or washed, as it's not part of the sealed trunk area).

I'll try to get some detailed pictures of it when time permits. But here's one for now. Thanks to the Rennlist members for suggestions in how to mitigate the damages while awaiting the detailer. I think it made their job much easier.
Attached Images  
Old 06-22-2009, 11:11 PM
JMaples
Advanced

Looks brand new. Have your lawyer send the bill to the hotel.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Edgy01
The detail work was completed today. It was done by Aficionauto Detail in Santa Barbara. Andrew is the owner.

In anticipation of their arrival I thoroughly washed the car with Dawn, concentrating on the canvas top, as much calcium had built up on that. With lots of water, that stuff finally broke down. I put the car up on 4 jack stands inside my garage so that he and his assistant could focus upon and access things without having too much trouble.

They spent about 4-1/2 hours on it. They wound up using an extremely light paint cleaner on it, after clay work and precleaning work with concentrated soap solution and special rinse water. Access to certain parts of the car was very difficult. In particular, the deployable tail's internal but visible) black plastic parts were very hard to access. Also, a bunch of that crud was all over the inside of the upper luggage compartment area. (This area routinely drains when the car is rained upon or washed, as it's not part of the sealed trunk area).

I'll try to get some detailed pictures of it when time permits. But here's one for now. Thanks to the Rennlist members for suggestions in how to mitigate the damages while awaiting the detailer. I think it made their job much easier.

dude, that is one beautiful car!
Old 06-22-2009, 11:46 PM
boolala
Race Car

I'm seriously glad that you got your shiny new car back.

Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand." 1) golfers 2) photographers who are obssessive about getting just the right angle and lighting in their pics and 3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:56 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by boolala

Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand." 1) golfers 2) photographers who are obssessive about getting just the right angle and lighting in their pics and 3) people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
wow Boo, that's cold!
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by boolala

Having said that, there are several groups of people who I will never be able to "understand." .. people who obssess about every tiny detail about something as utterly mundane as a friggin car.
You may be missing the point. The reason I spend some time on maintaining a car is to discover problems with the car as soon as possible. From torquing suspension parts to checking for missing fasteners, and looking for leaks when they're merely seeps, I want to stay ahead of problems. As an aside, the car gets cleaned. If you truly drive your car I think you need to obsess at least a little about its condition so that it doesn't let you down due to neglect.

Quick Reply: Cars Trashed at Sheraton