Sponsored by:

Cars Trashed at Sheraton

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Myke51/928
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An Apology

First let me apologize for this unfortunate incident. I am a management representative of the hotel ownership, a Porsche owner and huge fan. I also work with all of the members of the staff of this hotel in one way or another on a regular basis. This hotel is highly awarded by both Starwood and the guests who stay there. The scores for guest service are among the very best in Starwood, regardless of the brand, and I know each of the managers mentioned and their passion for service.

Regardless, it is sometimes hard for a person who does not drip of the Porsche ooze to understand the love of the cars or the emotional investment owners have for our fine automobiles. And sometimes hotel staff invests more of their focus in the people they chose to serve and not the cars they drive. The ownership of the hotel is currently working with the David Stone. He has been extremely helpful, from the very beginning, in working with us to bring this situation to resolution. At no point has the “ball” been dropped.

As an owner representative I will do my part to insure the events have the proper balance between the people involved and the event itself. I again apologize for the incident and I will work to help all the managers to insure incidents such as this don’t happen again.
Old 06-17-2009, 10:47 PM
poc62
Instructor

On behave of the 4 Point By Sheraton Ventura Harbor, I want express my regret for the incident during the Porsche Club event. I wish this had not never happened and would give anything to go back and stop it for happening. As an avid Porsche club member, fan, and owner over 15 years, I understand your frustration and sympathize with your pain. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I have been working with the Club President, David Stone, to find the best resolution for this matter.

Sincerely

Joseph Fan
Owner
Fourpoint Sheraton Ventura Harbor
Old 06-17-2009, 11:04 PM
Crazy Canuck
Race Director

Received 218 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by poc62
On behave of the 4 Point By Sheraton Ventura Harbor, I want express my regret for the incident during the Porsche Club event. I wish this had not never happened and would give anything to go back and stop it for happening. As an avid Porsche club member, fan, and owner over 15 years, I understand your frustration and sympathize with your pain. Please accept my sincerest apology.

I have been working with the Club President, David Stone, to find the best resolution for this matter.

Sincerely

Joseph Fan
Owner

Old 06-18-2009, 01:12 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by poc62

Sincerely

Joseph Fan
Owner
is this for real?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:24 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by OCBen
It is a little suspicious seeing that he misspelled the name of the hotel?
yea i mean the spelling/grammar mistakes are rampant in that post, but who would lie about such a thing, and why?
Old 06-18-2009, 01:49 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

We have been advised separately that this apology was coming.

Unfortunately, like with many things, much happened before all the facts were gathered, much like the highly misleading and slanted poll that was on the 928 Forum Monday through Tuesday.

Once the owner got involved he started to sort out what was being reported to him by his staff, and contrasted that with the evidence that he was getting from the other side. It's my guess that he's trying to get this corrected ASAP, but since I haven't personally spoken with him nor heard from him directly I can't evaluate this thoroughly.

As I stated earlier, once this is resolved, I will come back to the forum and report the final disposition.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:57 AM
boolala
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 9elf S

I am also an attorney and not a doctor, thank God (at least I don't have to navigate a morass of paperwork to seek reimbursement from insurance companies, have my bills significantly marked down by those same insurance companies, which are eroding the standard of care, and, I almost forgot, I don’t keep my clients waiting an hour after their designated appointment time…but I digress)...
The satisfaction I get from practicing medicine derives from helping people and not, necessarily, counting how much money I have at the end of the day (although I have no complaints about that either).

I know that that concept is a difficult one for an attorney to understand and as happy as you may be about not being a physician rest assured that it does not even begin to compare to the relief we feel that you've chosen another profession.

Last edited by boolala; 06-18-2009 at 04:13 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

How are the cars finishes coming? Did everyobe resolve the water spotting?

Some calcium deposits will "etch" into a finish to a degree and since late model Porsche paint is soft, it can happen a bit faster. I wish Porsche would offer Ceramiclear finished clearcoats.

Anyway, as stated prior, ALWAYS go mild and work up. It may take longer, but if you do not have a wole lot of polishing experience, no need to use cutting compounds needlessly when a more mild cleaner or polish would work.

Yes, citric acids and vinegar works to a degree if done early. Once baked in the sun, it becomes much harder to remove as it starts to get past a wax or sealant and into the clearcoat.

Best option is to let a fully qualified detailer handle the mess. No need to try and repair a finish if you do not have the tools or products.

I've had this issue with cars that were parked in underground garages at a condo and the concrete leaked water onto some cars leaving calcium deposts and the only to correct it was to clean, clay, polish the finish. Some needed a cutting compound due to type of clearcoat was hard as a rock. The association payed to have it done.

Hope everyone has had their cars finish corrected at this point.

Deanski
Old 06-18-2009, 10:28 AM
9elf S
Instructor

Originally Posted by allegretto
i see you are aware of the "Doctor's Dilemma"

that is why i work for patients, not Ins Co. or the G. they pay me, not "third (turd) parties"and if a patient is seen 10 min late, my staff will hear about it. i've had attys keep me waiting far longer.

thanks for the info. does it mean they should retain counsel, or just "eat it"?
It looks like the owners have the attention of hotel management. If my car had been affected, I would have it professionally detailed and request that the hotel reimburse me for the detailing cost. Assuming the car's finish could be returned to its pre-water damage state by the detailing, I would not involve a lawyer; the involvement of counsel can escalate matters needlessly. If the hotel management refused to pay for the detailing, I would consider small claims court where attorneys are not permitted to appear on behalf of clients. If the damage requires more than a detail (like a new paint job), which hopefully it won't, then things can get more complicated.

Originally Posted by boolala
The satisfaction I get from practicing medicine derives from helping people and not, necessarily, counting how much money I have at the end of the day (although I have no complaints about that either).

I know that that concept is a difficult one for an attorney to understand and as happy as you may be about not being a physician rest assured that it does not even begin to compare to the relief we feel that you've chosen another profession.
Actually, the point of my sidebar was not to exalt the practice of law over medicine, especially based on their relative earnings potential. In my view, the choice to pursue a profession is personal, and, as long as it's honest work, the choice to pursue one line of work over another - whether to be janitor or the President of the United States - is equally valid. Rather, my point was that I am grateful that in my practice I don't have an external third party that is not the recipient of my services - i.e., an insurance company - having a significant voice in, among other things, how I deliver those services. The reference to long wait times is just a pet peeve of mine.

Now let's get back to talking about Porsches.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:20 AM
peterm
Racer

the patients have to wait as we weed through the posts on rennlist
Old 06-18-2009, 11:31 AM
Sadiq
Pro

"canceling patients and taking a long drive this beautiful spring morning!"

My physician uncle's facebook status message a few weeks ago.

/doctor v. attorney discussion closed
Old 06-18-2009, 11:43 AM
peterm
Racer

atty talking to you on the phone at 300$ per hour
atty taking a drive on a beautiful spring morning and using bluetooth for the call - priceless

billable hours vs piece work the attys win
Old 06-18-2009, 11:54 AM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sadiq
"canceling patients and taking a long drive this beautiful spring morning!"

My physician uncle's facebook status message a few weeks ago.

/doctor v. attorney discussion closed
so, he's a dork, huh?
Old 06-18-2009, 11:55 AM
Sadiq
Pro

Originally Posted by allegretto
so, he's a dork, huh?
yep, just like all physicians!!

Just playing
Old 06-18-2009, 12:04 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Sadiq
yep, just like all physicians!!

Just playing
hey, you'll get no argument from me! sometimes other physician's conduct or what comes from their mouths (or keyboards) embarrasses the heck out of me.

Quick Reply: Cars Trashed at Sheraton