Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 04:43 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 439 Likes on 223 Posts

tkids - The pic that you used in your avatar is really beautiful - it's Porsche brochure worthy with the ski rack etc.
While I drive mine year round, I have very few pics involving snow,....other than the day I picked it up (12/10/05):

Old 12-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Lblackman
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My since-departed Boxster S caught in serious snow between Salt Lake City and Cheyenne Wyoming, a couple of years ago. Summer tires on the car. It took some gentle driving but we were just fine.

LCB
Attached Images  
Old 12-08-2007, 08:56 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

tkids - The pic that you used in your avatar is really beautiful - it's Porsche brochure worthy with the ski rack etc.
Which I must ask, is the falling-snow photoshopped in the picture--the license plate is smudged out after the fact, but the "snow" appears in front of it?

It looks great, however.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:02 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by InTheAir
Which I must ask, is the falling-snow photoshopped in the picture--the license plate is smudged out after the fact, but the "snow" appears in front of it?

It looks great, however.
no photo shop on the snow! it is all real. what i did to take out the plate was copy/pasted the rear deck over the plate.
Old 12-08-2007, 10:04 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by Coochas
While I drive mine year round, I have very few pics involving snow,....other than the day I picked it up (12/10/05):

Thanks,

Now, I just need to find a contact at Porsche that will want to use/buy it
Old 12-09-2007, 12:22 AM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Tkids best pics I've seen in a while. At least your enjoying your car the way it was meant to be. And that is "It was meant to be Drivin." More power to ya my friend.

Jay
Old 12-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

From the rains of Bavaria to the snows of Tahoe!
Old 12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
MJones
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Just drive your car......

Last edited by MJones; 06-19-2008 at 11:29 AM.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:55 PM
InTheAir
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by tkids
no photo shop on the snow! it is all real. what i did to take out the plate was copy/pasted the rear deck over the plate.
Picture perfect, then!
Old 12-09-2007, 11:46 PM
Jyoder240
Intermediate

As someone who drives their 350Z through NE Ohio winters, you guys are my heroes. It's good to see people who aren't afraid to drive their cars.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:52 AM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

You know, it's not so much driving it in snow. It's the other A-Holes on the road that do not have a clue when it comes to driving in snow and these tools have big SUV's with all-wheel etc. But they forget all that weight and ABS just do not have a chance in slick roads. Add in Mini-Vans with soccer moms on phones calling to tell someone to hold off dinner, meanwhile, the in-van video entertainment is on, kids screaming, fighting over what to watch etc.

I can't tell you how may close calls I have with my company vehicle with these fools. Most end up (if lucky) off to the side or in the woods. The unlucky ones are smashed into other cars/trucks etc. Some are rollovers. As I drive by at a safe pace and distance, it's amazing how many wizz by me later to be in one of those unlucky issues.

No thanks, and since my car is a C2S with Aero, I'm not acting as the towns snow plow with that lip on it for one, and two wheel drive in my area is a challenge in really bad storms.

I use my beater car or company vehicle for winter.

Deanski
Old 12-10-2007, 02:05 AM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I LOVE those winter picks....keep them coming.....I kind of miss the snow here in SOCAL
Old 12-10-2007, 10:15 AM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Deanski

No thanks, and since my car is a C2S with Aero, I'm not acting as the towns snow plow with that lip on it for one, and two wheel drive in my area is a challenge in really bad storms.

I use my beater car or company vehicle for winter.

Deanski
Dean:

We'll give you a bye on the snow driving, with that Aerokit and all... :-)

I agree 100% with the commentary on the majority of the large-vehicle pilots; makes me wonder if anyone takes physics anymore... F=M*A; it's not just a good idea, it's the Law.

I have noticed that most drivers give the 911 a wide berth, though. I will limit my winter excursions to sunny, very cold days when everyone else is inside, watching the Bears lose... (that's what Tivo is for...) <g>

-don
Old 12-10-2007, 12:08 PM
stubenhocker
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by printemps2001
How refreshing to see people actually driving their cars. It seems so many Porsche owners seem to forget what these vehicles are....mass produced modern vehicles that are meant to be driven. Slap some snows on and enjoy; it's not a priceless, delicate antique; a paint chip or two won't make it worthless; and a little road salt won't cause the car to rust away before you make it home.
Bravo!
Old 12-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Deanski
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
Dean:

We'll give you a bye on the snow driving, with that Aerokit and all... :-)

I agree 100% with the commentary on the majority of the large-vehicle pilots; makes me wonder if anyone takes physics anymore... F=M*A; it's not just a good idea, it's the Law.

I have noticed that most drivers give the 911 a wide berth, though. I will limit my winter excursions to sunny, very cold days when everyone else is inside, watching the Bears lose... (that's what Tivo is for...) <g>

-don
Thanks...

I'm sure having the Aerokit front end would prove a challenge.

Just this past week, we had a very light snow/ice combo and you'd be surprized at how many people just forget how to drive in it! Many cars off the road, not giving enough distance and rear-ending others, it's just stupid driving!

Try to be safe while driving in the snow!!! It's the other car/SUV/Mini-Van to watch out for!

Regards,
Deanski

Quick Reply: Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"