Sponsored by:

Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 02:58 PM
dstrimbu
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No FEAR here, dear...

As much as I struggled with pulling her out of the garage that first morning, once I got out on the road, I realized what an incredible snow machine this car really is...

Kudos to Porsche for building such a fine machine; kudos to Pirelli for building a high-performance snowtire that grips like a claw but doesn't buzz like a chainsaw... and special thanks to Eric at Bumper Plugs for turning me on to Rejex. Three coats of Rejex allowed me to clean up this mess with - literally - a rinse-down.

She's in the garage today, and I miss her badly. :-)

-don
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2007, 06:30 PM
zumaron
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Boxster Blizzard -- photo taken from the cab of my Cayenne.
Attached Images  
Old 12-07-2007, 08:24 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by ChipAZ
I'm not in the mood, but remember flaming is a dish well served cold.
Instead of giving someone grief, best to keep your mouth shut next time especially if you can't back up your talk. Otherwise you come off looking like a
J#rk.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:28 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by Eric_75
tkids, were did you get your bra? is it original Porsche. I just bought one and it does not go over the headlights.
From Performance. carbon fiber look bra. really for highway driving, but wanted to see how it would do in the snow/wet. No bad.
Old 12-07-2007, 08:32 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by dstrimbu
As much as I struggled with pulling her out of the garage that first morning, once I got out on the road, I realized what an incredible snow machine this car really is...

Kudos to Porsche for building such a fine machine; kudos to Pirelli for building a high-performance snowtire that grips like a claw but doesn't buzz like a chainsaw... and special thanks to Eric at Bumper Plugs for turning me on to Rejex. Three coats of Rejex allowed me to clean up this mess with - literally - a rinse-down.

She's in the garage today, and I miss her badly. :-)

-don
Originally Posted by zumaron
Boxster Blizzard -- photo taken from the cab of my Cayenne.

Way to go guys! Hard taking that first step!
Old 12-07-2007, 08:48 PM
printemps2001
Instructor

My C4 saw its first snow this afternoon. Only about 1" on the side roads, but slick. Climbed hills, cornered and went straight just fine. The only thing I noticed is that you need to be fairly gentle with the right pedal. Otherwise the back tends to kick out when accelerating from a stop or low speed. The electronics quickly kick in and the car gets going straight easily. For those of you that park all winter, you are missing out on several months when your Porsche wants to be out doing what it does best.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:41 PM
blake
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Awesome pics! There is no way in hell my 996 GT3 or 964 Speedster will ever see the snow. They are put away in a nice warm garage for the winter. However, I did have a blast today throwing our 07 Mini S around in 10 inches of new snow here in Park City. With front wheel drive and Blizzaks, it is a treat. I am with you though ~ I keep telling the wife that my next 911 will be a 997 4S Cab... That would be a lot of fun as a daily driver to and from Salt Lake City... We get snow for 8 months of the year, so the AWD would be mandatory.

Enjoy guys - I am jealous!

-Blake
Old 12-07-2007, 09:54 PM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

i would have gotten snow tires for the turbo this winter but its the cars first winter and i think subjecting it to the nasties of salt that gets put down isnt worth it. Next year or the year after I'll be taking it out. Used to take the 964 c4 out in the snow with michelin all seasons, car was awesome, but those tires were way skinner. Im interested in how the 997 will compare....just not too interested to try this year.

If they could just plow for one storm instead of salting it, i would take it out with the summer tires and do some drifting.
Old 12-07-2007, 10:11 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Awesome photos, and thank god for someone you know, ENJOYING their car year round.
Old 12-08-2007, 09:52 AM
gab997
Racer

No snow down here, but that looks like so much fun! Great picts
Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

993,996 and now 997, use them all winter, a good pair of snowtires and common sense, and they are great in the winter!

I don't worry about the salt just hose the car off in the garage when the salt is on the car, never had any rust or paint chips from the salt

I would take pics, but I am more concerned about taking my camera out in the winter!
Old 12-08-2007, 03:04 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

You only use a pair of snowtires?
Or did you mean a set?
Old 12-08-2007, 03:10 PM
mal28
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
You only use a pair of snowtires?
Or did you mean a set?
I use 4 snow tires,currently the Michelins
Old 12-08-2007, 03:44 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

These are great photos!! Snow driving looks like a pure p*sser. I am not in the snow belt, but I would do it if only I could wash the car afterwards - I have a free standing garage without water service. I have also wondered how much fun the Camp4 experience would be (wrapped around a ski trip). I love the Boxster pic and tkids your car looks especially great in a wintery scene!
Old 12-08-2007, 04:12 PM
tkids
Pro

Originally Posted by cello
These are great photos!! Snow driving looks like a pure p*sser. I am not in the snow belt, but I would do it if only I could wash the car afterwards - I have a free standing garage without water service. I have also wondered how much fun the Camp4 experience would be (wrapped around a ski trip). I love the Boxster pic and tkids your car looks especially great in a wintery scene!
Thanks! That seal grey certainly looks good against the snow! I thought about Camp4 experience and then thought to myself, I will just make my own Camp4!! But I must be honest, I am not beating this car up, I am gently testing in the pristine white snow.

Quick Reply: Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"