Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 12:43 PM
Haku
Rennlist Member

Received 416 Likes on 138 Posts

tkids, love the pics... the last one (rear end) especially.

We've not had out snow yet but here's one from last year. I know it's a lame effort for snow but it's the best NC could do at that time of the year... just as well because we drove the Tail of the Dragon that freezing day!

Once again love your pics...and... great color!

Old 12-11-2007, 04:25 PM
MHC2S
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Deanski
You know, it's not so much driving it in snow. It's the other A-Holes on the road that do not have a clue when it comes to driving in snow and these tools have big SUV's with all-wheel etc. But they forget all that weight and ABS just do not have a chance in slick roads. Add in Mini-Vans with soccer moms on phones calling to tell someone to hold off dinner, meanwhile, the in-van video entertainment is on, kids screaming, fighting over what to watch etc.

I can't tell you how may close calls I have with my company vehicle with these fools. Most end up (if lucky) off to the side or in the woods. The unlucky ones are smashed into other cars/trucks etc. Some are rollovers. As I drive by at a safe pace and distance, it's amazing how many wizz by me later to be in one of those unlucky issues.

No thanks, and since my car is a C2S with Aero, I'm not acting as the towns snow plow with that lip on it for one, and two wheel drive in my area is a challenge in really bad storms.

I use my beater car or company vehicle for winter.

Deanski
+1, most of these guys these have never lived through a real winter(blizzard). I'll never forget the 30+ car pill up I saw on the parkway in the blizzard of '96. I own a '05 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4X4, and a '05 Dodge Ram3500 Cummins 4X4 pick up. No way in hell would I take my 997C2S out in snow after what I've seen happen in snow. You are just asking for trouble
Old 12-11-2007, 05:13 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Great to see someone driving the car in the snow and not babying it!!

My C2 is quite happy in the snow with the proper tires on - the Porsche is not the issue, it's all the idiots in 4x4s who think they are invincible you have to watch out for......
Old 12-13-2007, 10:26 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts
Default My Worst Commute......EVER

So there was a snow storm in Boston today. Now ordinarily I feel like Boston and its residents understand what to do when there is a storm, but for some reason, everybody was a total f-up today.
The first pic says it all: it took me nearly 4 hours to drive less than 6 miles to get home from work averaging less than 2 mph and as many MPG. People just abandoned their cars everywhere....in all my years as a New Englander, I have never seen anything like this. Cars were just left for dead w/o even the flashers on. When I started home from work, the car had zero snow on it (it was in a garage)....by the time I got home there were at least four inches on the front hood.
I must say that my C4S absolutely rocked today in the snow....I mean it really rocked. The snow was fairly deep in places and while many cars were stuck/being pushed, my car had absolutely zero traction trouble. I just love my car more and more every day.

Old 12-13-2007, 10:39 PM
Chris from Cali
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Dave - that is so kick-***....

When I do get another P-car (or R8), I'll definitely drive it year-round! Great pics guys...

The OP's sideways shots are money!
Old 12-15-2007, 10:49 PM
tkids
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
So there was a snow storm in Boston today. Now ordinarily I feel like Boston and its residents understand what to do when there is a storm, but for some reason, everybody was a total f-up today.
The first pic says it all: it took me nearly 4 hours to drive less than 6 miles to get home from work averaging less than 2 mph and as many MPG. People just abandoned their cars everywhere....in all my years as a New Englander, I have never seen anything like this. Cars were just left for dead w/o even the flashers on. When I started home from work, the car had zero snow on it (it was in a garage)....by the time I got home there were at least four inches on the front hood.
I must say that my C4S absolutely rocked today in the snow....I mean it really rocked. The snow was fairly deep in places and while many cars were stuck/being pushed, my car had absolutely zero traction trouble. I just love my car more and more every day.

That is brutal, absolutely brutal! I may be playing around in the snow with my C4S, but you actually are out in the snow war zone. Great to hear of your conquest!!! Great pic of the dash!
Old 12-16-2007, 06:13 PM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Dave that's a pretty brutal commute.
I'd have been tempted to park it and walk the rest of the way home.
Old 12-16-2007, 07:25 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
Dave that's a pretty brutal commute.
I'd have been tempted to park it and walk the rest of the way home.
Hi Brett,
There was just no place to pull over! I would have just stayed at work had I known how bad the traffic was grid-locked.
Man,....it WAS brutal.
Old 12-16-2007, 11:43 PM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 22 Posts

[QUOTE=Coochas;4878690]

Looks like photoshop to me
Old 12-17-2007, 12:46 AM
stumil
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Very clever Coochas. The 9.11 in the Sport Chrono that is. Thanks for the great pics!
Old 12-17-2007, 06:49 AM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stumil
Very clever Coochas. The 9.11 in the Sport Chrono that is. Thanks for the great pics!
There was actually a thread about stopping the SC at 911 or 997 - I can't take credit for the idea but it's a great way to keep that wart lit up and it's the best use for it that I can see.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:37 AM
damoncooper
Intermediate

Some recent "997-in-a-snowstorm" pics to make it real for ya....

Damon
Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 PM
H20NOO
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That looks like fun! Thanks for posting.

MC
Old 12-19-2007, 08:50 PM
DJ23
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 63 Posts

Dave my heart goes out to ya. How many talk shows did you listen to? Unbelievable. Nice to hear however how great our cars are in the snow. Have a Merry Christmas by the way. Talk to you soon.

Jay
Old 12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DJ23
Dave my heart goes out to ya. How many talk shows did you listen to? Unbelievable. Nice to hear however how great our cars are in the snow. Have a Merry Christmas by the way. Talk to you soon.

Jay
Just the local Classical music station with intermittent 'crappy weather' reports. I tried to keep the ambiance as soothing as possible.

Quick Reply: Post your PIC: "The SNOW is here and I have no FEAR!"