Sponsored by:

I'm in lust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 10:02 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
Just got back from our local PCA breakfast club meeting and there were two - count 'em - 2 white GT3s there. So much for the rarity of this model in this color.

I had the only Seal Grey 997 in the bunch and so by comparison my car was rarer.
who said the gt3 was rare?
white is by far the most common color for the 997gt3!?
you thinkin' of the RS?
Old 04-07-2007, 11:45 PM
John Velasco
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 04-07-2007, 11:56 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
who said the gt3 was rare?

The guy who's selling this Carrera [sic] White GT3, that's who. You know, the subject of the topic of this thread???

Pay attention there, Jeff. We can slow down if you'd like so you can catch up.

2007 GT3 **RARE**NEW**(PCCB,NAV,CHRONO,ETC!!) 50+PICS
Old 04-09-2007, 02:11 PM
Porky
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just read this thread - OCBen is hilarious! We have a word to describe people like him - tosser!

If you were in a pub in London mate talking the crap you did in your pathetic little comments, someone would kick you bloody head in!

I could make a thousand petty comments but won't. I have to say that I think you saw the average house and nice car and thought "ah looser trying to make a quick buck" BUT the other cars out you in your place. The guys probably loaded - either way, who gives a crap.

For your information, Ravi is an Indian name usually.

If you MUST reply to this comment, please tell us your background (black,white, arab, jew, irish, Kraut - Easter European or whatever) I am sure we will all enjoy ripping you to shreds.
Old 04-09-2007, 02:22 PM
OCBen
Banned

Old 04-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

Icon:

Great Avitar.

Oh yes, back to this thread....
Old 04-09-2007, 03:26 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

OC--

Nice 'doo in that Avatar. My favorite academic wore a similar one about 100 year earlier, but he worked with wax, not apples.
Attached Images  
Old 04-09-2007, 03:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Thanks Romey.

Ah yes, the brilliant Rene Descartes. One of my favorite too. As a little boy he was able solve a geometric problem that baffled the scholars of his day, including his father, an academician. The french boy didn't know the word for circle so he called it "un round" or something like that. He solved it on the patio floor of his home with chalk, as I recall.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:34 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

Thanks Romey.

Ah yes, the brilliant Rene Descartes. One of my favorite too. As a little boy he was able solve a geometric problem that baffled the scholars of his day, including his father, an academician. The french boy didn't know the word for circle so he called it "un round" or something like that.
Don't know that story. I believe his father was actually a lawyer. (Descartes was too). If you are ever in Paris, it is interesting to visit his gravsite in the Church at St. Germain de Pres.
Old 04-09-2007, 03:43 PM
OCBen
Banned

I don't remember his wax connection, did he improve on the design or manufacturing of candles?

The guy was multi-talented that's for sure. I read his biography years ago and had actually forgotten about his being a lawyer. But obviously he became more famous as a mathematician, a physicist, and a philosopher, especially with his famous observation: "I think. Therefore I am."
Old 04-09-2007, 05:22 PM
rome
Rennlist Member

I don't remember his wax connection, did he improve on the design or manufacturing of candles?

The guy was multi-talented that's for sure. I read his biography years ago and had actually forgotten about his being a lawyer. But obviously he became more famous as a mathematician, a physicist, and a philosopher, especially with his famous observation: "I think. Therefore I am."
By observing the changing characteristics of wax as it was moved to and from a flame, Descartes concluded that his sensory faculties were insufficient to grasp the nature of reality. From this, he formed his epistemological world view-- namely, that the source of true knowledge must come from one's mind rather than from his observations of the physical world....or, as you put it, "cogito ergo sum."
Old 04-09-2007, 05:41 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by rome
By observing the changing characteristics of wax as it was moved to and from a flame, Descartes concluded that his sensory faculties were insufficient to grasp the nature of reality. From this, he formed his epistemological world view-- namely, that the source of true knowledge must come from one's mind rather than from his observations of the physical world....or, as you put it, "cogito ergo sum."
Very good.

He was undergoing a religious experience at the time and suffered great mental anguish. He actually thought he had lost his mind, as he says in his meditation writings, and the only way out of this ball of confusion was to start logically from the most fundamental first principle, which was the fact that he must really exist because otherwise how could he be cognizant of his own thought processes? From that first rock solid footing he proceeded logically to stabilize himself mentally and arrive at a peaceful, comfortable state of mind after laying the logical foundations of his own existence and the world he lived in.

Very fascinating reading. Makes me want to dust off my old books and reread them.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:25 PM
FlyingLow
Racer

Originally Posted by Nine9Sixer
too bad the seller doesn't know how to spell the color of his car . . . . looks like a serial flipper
Actually, that color is spelled as he specified. (Carrara) It's not related to the car name itself.
Old 04-09-2007, 06:37 PM
Nine9Sixer
Pro

Originally Posted by FlyingLow
Actually, that color is spelled as he specified. (Carrara) It's not related to the car name itself.
believe it or not, i actually do know that. i could've sworn it was spelled 'carrera' in the ad. oops. my bad.
Old 04-10-2007, 01:32 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Let's see....last week it was Wolfgang---"a stranger saved my Porsche"

This week it's Azurro Blue's turn---"The 'Carrara' white GT3."

.............better than Jerry Springer

Last edited by Holli82; 04-10-2007 at 01:59 AM.

Quick Reply: I'm in lust!