Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm in lust!

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 11:15 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't understand why people think these are so rare and that you can speculate on them. I've been offered 5 or 6 GT3s either ready to go at MSRP or ready to order. This goes way back to the #2 person on the order list who walked and I got a call "I know you were interested in a GT3... a slot opened up and if you'd like to order one, we can customize it for you and will only charge MSRP". Instead, I decided on the 997S because it fits my needs better right now and I got 9.3% off MSRP to boot.

I had been figuring that I'd do like many 996 GT3 guys did - wait a couple of years and pick up a $115k car with 5-10k miles for $85k. Unfortunately with the 997 it looks like finding one with no options (or very limited like Xenon only) is going to be near impossible.

What happened with the 996 GT3 market is sure to happen here. Guys with money that want exclusivity buy a 997 GT3. They end up hating it and trading it in on a Turbo. Then you have a glut in the market for fully-loaded "Poseur" GT3s and not enough stripped track versions. I can't tell you how many stories just like that on the 996 I've heard (rich guy that's used to getting what he wants comes in and says he wants a GT3, buys it, drives it for 3 months and comes back saying he hates it - too low, too rough, too loud, etc. - trades it in on a Turbo...).
Old 04-06-2007, 11:20 AM
rome
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude actually appears to be running a high end used car lot out of his backyard/garage...Check out another one of his ebay auctions...a lambo...int he background you can see lots of nice rides in the multicar garage....weird...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200095858642
Old 04-06-2007, 11:22 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by rome
I don't know about Persians having "grandiose dreams"....
Trust me on this, I have firsthand knowledge.

I'm married to one. ... And I know that if there was ever an ethnic group of people you could pitch a get-rich-quick scheme to, these are the ones you'd want to target your marketing to.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:28 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by rome
Dude actually appears to be running a high end used car lot out of his backyard/garage...Check out another one of his ebay auctions...a lambo...int he background you can see lots of nice rides in the multicar garage....weird...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=200095858642
Hey Romey, good find, thanks for posting that.

LOL ... Something's gotta be wrong with this picture. **** ain't right. Smells fishy. I think we should have the FBI look into his interstate operation.

Love that yellow Lambo - really gorgeous, wish I could afford one just like that!

Oh, that's probably his M3 in the first garage spot.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:36 AM
RonCT
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Try this one on for size... Dealers have plenty of allocations available here on the East Coast at MSRP (I wonder if you can get a discount by now) because so many people have walked... This guy is asking $15k for his allocation...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsc...spagenameZWDVW
Old 04-06-2007, 11:38 AM
OCBen
Banned

It also looks like he's selling whatever is in those bags stacked in the back of the garage there.

Too many bags of whatever that stuff is to do whatever home project anybody would plan to do.

Looks like he's trying to move those too. ... Strange dude indeed.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:41 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
the car looks out of place in that neighborhood.. he probably took out an equity loan or somehow leveraged the purchase, as he probably can't afford to keep the car and only bought it as an investment... His email address: RavivM3(at)comcast.net... It's really just a guess on my part that the user ID is based on his real name, but the name Ravi is a Persian name (or Iranian, or Afghani) and I've seen quite a few of them with grandiose dreams of making it rich quick. And it looks like he owns an M3.
I swear, Ben, get over yourself. Your generalizations are staggering and largely groundless. First it was the I'm-a-smart-engineer-and-there's-no-way-your-mortal-mind-can-comprehend-airflow, and now you're a detective drawing conclusions from where a guy decides to take photos and his e-mail address.

First, who cares if he's a flipper? Did you notice that the nav in both the GT3 and the Gallardo show the same location? The other cars in the garage? The offers to accept trades? The guy probably has a dealer license and is - wait for it - in the very legitimate business of buying and selling cars!! That he wants to sell the Carrara [sic] white (it's misspelled on the window sticker as well, fwiw) GT3 for over sticker price is completely legal and ethical. If you don't want to buy it, fine. Nobody's telling you to buy it.

Second, the neighborhood looks just fine to me, with the exception of the lack of leaves on the trees (an interesting wintertime phenomenon in the north). Did you see the garage in the back? That the lot is big enough to contain both a home and a relatively large garage? That the other homes on the street are well-maintained? Were you expecting a late-'90s construction stucco home with brick pavers and swaying palm trees?

Third, why did you draw the guy's ethnic background into the discussion? And his ownership of an M3 (or two M3s, based on the photos)? Guess what: I have a middle-eastern-sounding name (my username here should make my own name abundantly clear) and I own an M3: am I now less trustworthy? Full of grandiose dreams of getting rich quick?

[cue someone to call me out on all this, for someone to again proclaim you "leader" of this forum]
Old 04-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

You guys are some great detectives. Interesting theories per the information given (and found).

CSI, lookout!!!

Old 04-06-2007, 11:46 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I swear, Ben, get over yourself.
Who peed in your cornflakes today???

We're just having a little fun here, Mr. Party Pooper.

Don't get your panties all tied up in a knot!
Old 04-06-2007, 11:47 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

That the best you can do? Come on, not all those question marks in my post were rhetorical.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:54 AM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

We're just having a little fun here, Mr. Party Pooper.

Don't get your panties all tied up in a knot!
Clearly I was mistaken: you can supplement your "peed in cornflakes" remark with two more clichés by simply editing your post.

I don't see "fun" in drawing generalizations on someone's financial status based on photos of what may or may not be their neighborhood and on their alleged ethnic background.

- Resident Panty-Wearing Party Pooper [dubbed according by OCBen]
Old 04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Dariof
Not an Addict?
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 10 Posts

This guy is probably making a nice profit with no conventional overhead.

I wonder how many of these high-end cars he sells per year? There are enough in the pictures to keep him busy for awhile.

And he takes trades to boot. More profit as well.
Old 04-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Leader
Rennlist Member

Received 531 Likes on 166 Posts

I was the one who made the comment about the "location" of the photo shoot. To my photographer's eye (an occupational disease), you don't shoot pictures of a beautiful car with an unattractive house (or anything else that might distract) in the background. Certainly not when it's so easy to find a more neutral location.

"Carrara White" is the correct spelling of the color.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:05 PM
OCBen
Banned

Clearly I was mistaken: you can supplement your "peed in cornflakes" remark with two more clichés by simply editing your post.
You've been a member since June 2003 and you're just now learning you can edit your post???

I don't see "fun" in drawing generalizations on someone's financial status based on photos of what may or may not be their neighborhood and on their alleged ethnic background.
Well, you probably don't see a lot of fun in your life either. And that's pretty sad. Life must really suck for you if you lack a sense of humor.

You may not realize this but there was another individual that we ferreted out as someone who was selling stolen headlights on ebay. It was through our combined speculation about the guy that eventually led to his being busted.

This may be a similar case. And it looks like we're hot on the trail.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts

Does the name of the color refer to a marble quarry on Italy rather than a road race in Mexico?

Quick Reply: I'm in lust!