Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

360 modena vs 997 carrera s

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006 | 07:36 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by fast1
Please don't take this as a criticism, because it's not meant to be, but I wonder how long the average guy owns his car before he starts yearning for the next one up the food chain. For me the yearning begins after about six months.
Totally!

For me it begins a few days after ordering! Seriously, I'm a car nut so I'll always want more cars than I can store and more expensive cars than I can afford. Even if I were Bill Gates, I still wouldn't be able to satisfy my lust for cars because it become a nightmare trying to store and maintain the vast collection I'd build.

With that said, I can appreciate what I do have and I don't think there is anything wrong with lusting after what you can't have.
Old 05-09-2006 | 07:44 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by scycle2020
there is a pic of my 360 spider, 02, 6 speed, red with tan interior..sold in march of 2005....
She doesn't look that comfortable there. Did you tell her if her *** dented the hood she was toast or something?

Woman appeal as a motivation for a car is a dangerous game. In the late 80's I owned a Testarossa. An absolute estrogen magnet! I would go down to Rush street and just park it. The women would then tell me what they would do if I gave them a "ride". Fun, for a while. Then one day a girl tried to set me up for a rip-off with her boyfriend or whatever. Guess they thought I would be cash heavy too. Messers Heckler and Koch convinced them that it wasnt a good idea and I stopped the "game".

There are differnt ways of looking at anything I guess.

Buy it if it speaks to you...
Old 05-09-2006 | 08:13 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by allegretto
She doesn't look that comfortable there. Did you tell her if her *** dented the hood she was toast or something?
Yeah, I noticed that too. When I first looked at the picture I said, "nice babe". After a second I said, "damn, I wouldn't let anyone sit on my hood no matter how cute she was". A moment later, I noticed that she's about to slide off, so there were obvious instructions to "go over there and look cute, but if you put a *** dimple in the hood you're gonna pay for it!".
Old 05-09-2006 | 08:15 PM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Heckler and Koch,--friends of mine, too.

dan
Old 05-09-2006 | 11:34 PM
uzj100
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Edgy01

dan
Kimber for me. 8+1
Old 05-10-2006 | 12:27 AM
scycle2020
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eggplant Cab
scycle, may I ask where you got that clutch longevity info from?
From my research, the newer F-cars are pretty bullet proof. The ones in my neighborhood (360 modena and spider, F430 spider) have so far had a few issues with fit and finish and electronic stuff. Sure they are low mileage (MSRP in, $90k over MSRP out) except for the F430 spider.
On a few drives with the F430, it also depends on where you go. You won't get too much attention in places like Malibu and the palisades where people are just blase about flashy cars. My neighbor who drives HER car says she gets more attention than when her bf borrows it. Something about a blonde in a black ferrari. She loves it.
I think a Gallardo or Murcielago garners more bling power. As girl impression factor, I will say that between my day with a murcielago and F430, the lambo got more "gorgeous car! I'd love to ride in it" type remarks from women, while my wife was right there!
in your area with places like Malibu, even Ferraris can become somewhat common place....my clutch info is from friends and members of the local and national Ferrari club of america.....i do agree that the newer 360 and 430s are the most dependable ferraris ever built but again, they are still italian made toy compared to porsches....tell me how often you see any ferrari with over 100k miles on it, or even 40k miles???
Old 05-10-2006 | 01:37 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by scycle2020
in your area with places like Malibu, even Ferraris can become somewhat common place....my clutch info is from friends and members of the local and national Ferrari club of america.....i do agree that the newer 360 and 430s are the most dependable ferraris ever built but again, they are still italian made toy compared to porsches....tell me how often you see any ferrari with over 100k miles on it, or even 40k miles???
Well I'm hoping to be the first one to put mucho miles on one if I can find a dealer who will put me on the MSRP list. I am not going to stoke the market flames with a 80k premium. It's not the money, it's my personal principle on nothing more than MSRP. It's all these speculator types who drive it up and I don't want to be party to it.
You're exactly right. The real ferrari drivers are few are far between. My dad's TR has 70k. He's also spent a lot of money maintaining it. But he drives it regularly. He doesn't want to sell it cos it's not worth a lot nowadays.

Last edited by Eggplant Cab; 05-10-2006 at 01:52 AM.
Old 05-10-2006 | 02:10 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Well I'm hoping to be the first one to put mucho miles on one if I can find a dealer who will put me on the MSRP list. I am not going to stoke the market flames with a 80k premium. It's not the money, it's my personal principle on nothing more than MSRP. It's all these speculator types who drive it up and I don't want to be party to it.
You're exactly right. The real ferrari drivers are few are far between. My dad's TR has 70k. He's also spent a lot of money maintaining it. But he drives it regularly. He doesn't want to sell it cos it's not worth a lot nowadays.

Any Ferrari dealership will sell you one at MSRP from what I've been told from my local dealership, but there's one caveat -- Ferrari never builds cars for inventory. They only build cars that are pre-sold, so you have to get on the waiting list for a build slot. Typical wait is about 2 years and the deposit varies - about $5000 in Seattle the last time I checked.
Old 05-10-2006 | 02:47 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by ronmart
Any Ferrari dealership will sell you one at MSRP from what I've been told from my local dealership, but there's one caveat -- Ferrari never builds cars for inventory. They only build cars that are pre-sold, so you have to get on the waiting list for a build slot. Typical wait is about 2 years and the deposit varies - about $5000 in Seattle the last time I checked.
Well I went to F BH and they flat told me no deposits taken on cars, just what is available (80-100k over sticker). Didn't even entertain a counter offer.
Down the street, the Lambo guys were all ready to deal. I must've dressed wrongly for Ferrari. Didn't have my pants hanging off my butt cheek and not enough gold chains. I'll run down to the other dealership in Calabasas to see how they deal. 2 years is fine. I'm not the one who wants the car... my wife does!
Old 05-10-2006 | 03:38 AM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Well I went to F BH and they flat told me no deposits taken on cars, just what is available (80-100k over sticker). Didn't even entertain a counter offer.
Down the street, the Lambo guys were all ready to deal. I must've dressed wrongly for Ferrari. Didn't have my pants hanging off my butt cheek and not enough gold chains. I'll run down to the other dealership in Calabasas to see how they deal. 2 years is fine. I'm not the one who wants the car... my wife does!
demand is a LOT higher for ferrari's!
i thought f of bh was infamous for being a lousy dealership?
Old 05-10-2006 | 07:25 AM
Eggplant Cab
Pro

Originally Posted by icon
demand is a LOT higher for ferrari's!
i thought f of bh was infamous for being a lousy dealership?
If it wasn't on my list before, it's on mine now.
Old 05-10-2006 | 10:54 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Edgy01

dan
At first I was thinking Ed Koch, former mayor of NYC? Then I realized these friends must be less popular than the better known duo of Smith & Wesson, yet just as effective.
Old 05-10-2006 | 12:19 PM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Originally Posted by OCBen
the better known duo of Smith & Wesson
I am a big fan of their Performance Center sidearms. Very nice custom work at a retail price.

Alan
Old 05-10-2006 | 01:37 PM
allegretto
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
At first I was thinking Ed Koch, former mayor of NYC? Then I realized these friends must be less popular than the better known duo of Smith & Wesson, yet just as effective.
Their slogan is, "when negotiations fail..."

Actually they are very well regarded by Law Enforcement the world over and felt to produce the finest made range of arms for "situations". Their carbines and machine pistols are a standard for "Special Ops" in many countries.

I think it's fair to refer to them as the Porsche of firearms, and of course you know what country they are manufactured in.
Old 05-10-2006 | 01:50 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by allegretto
I think it's fair to refer to them as the Porsche of firearms, and of course you know what country they are manufactured in.
I see.

I always liked that sleek distinctive Luger design of theirs from WWII movies.

"When negotiations fail...." Or, just shoot first and ask questions later, whatever works.

Quick Reply: 360 modena vs 997 carrera s