Sponsored by:

360 modena vs 997 carrera s

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 01:54 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by scycle2020
Ron, 260k more a 430 spider is a very good price...they are going for closer to 300k usually......of course prices will come down to msrp soon and then slightly below in the several years....the cgt can be bought used for 350-360k i believe....so 350k-300k would come to 50k$...but the msrp of the cgt is more than double that of the 430 spider, so the cgt is the better buy right now....
Wow, I guess I should have bought it then! They've been trying to sell me a Ferrari for several years and he said it was a good deal, but I thought he was just giving me a line.

I also know that the last CGT rolled off the factory this month, so I thought we were comparing New to New, not New to Used. (and when I say New for the F430, I'm meaning speculative purchased ones for resale with < 1000 miles).
Old 05-12-2006, 01:57 PM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BiggerTwin
Luca Cordero di Montezemolo (Ferrari president and CEO) was quoted in AutoWeek as saying a two year waiting list is too long and Ferrari hopes to do something about it.

Alan
They should. It is nuts what Ferrari is doing because they are passing up on a huge opportunity to make a lot more money. It will ruin the current resale market for Ferrari if they do, but at the end of the day I love them for their beauty and don't care if they are as mass produced as Porsches. I just want one for an attainable price.
Old 05-12-2006, 02:49 PM
BiggerTwin
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronmart
They should. It is nuts what Ferrari is doing because they are passing up on a huge opportunity to make a lot more money.
I have no idea what Ferrari's problem is but it reminds me a lot of Harley-Davidson a few years ago when they couldn't keep up with demand. In Harley's case it was a production issue and they didn't want to compromise quality to increase quantity. Now that Harleys can be found on dealer floors price gouging is reduced and customer demand can be satisfied. This is good for Harley and the customer but not so good for greedy dealers. It always shocked me when I visited a Ferrari dealer that a used V8 car cost more than a new one and that I needed connections to get on a waiting list for a new one. Hopefully when I have the cash for a new one the situation will be improved. From all my demo drives, I think there is just as good a chance that I opt for a 911 Turbo (maybe a Cayman Turbo by then?) instead of a prancing horse on the yellow field.

I had my 6 year old with me at the cigar store when a 355 spyder pulled up. When I took him to the back of the car and asked what it was he said a Porsche since it had a horse on it. When we went around the front and it had the yellow crest with the “Ferrari” he could read he realized his mistake

Alan
Old 05-12-2006, 03:11 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow, I guess I should have bought it then! They've been trying to sell me a Ferrari for several years and he said it was a good deal, but I thought he was just giving me a line.

I also know that the last CGT rolled off the factory this month, so I thought we were comparing New to New, not New to Used. (and when I say New for the F430, I'm meaning speculative purchased ones for resale with < 1000 miles).
you should have! unless there was something weird about it.
nick b got his a month or so later and has already been offered more than 325k (with 3k miles).
there is one for sale in the cgt forum that the guy has already been offered more than 330k!
new cgt's dont quite get down to 350k but i have heard silvers going for 365k.
even at the price you were offered the f430 i would rather have the cgt at only 105k dif!

the only thing about ferrari wanting to decrease the wait time is that it would also decrease reasale.
i don't think they are seriously wanting to decrease wait time.

Last edited by icon; 05-12-2006 at 04:39 PM.
Old 05-12-2006, 06:32 PM
Arrwin
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd sure like to try it out for a month though! I wish they had a monthly loan program for a reasonable sum as that would probably cure me.
Yes! Let me know if you find one!!

Quick Reply: 360 modena vs 997 carrera s