Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you let the valet guys drive your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2006, 08:50 PM
MMD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Awesome. That was a good one.
Sorry to overstretch the thread but: don't forget the episode teaching us to call our carphones if your car gets stolen.
Old 03-27-2006, 08:59 PM
RAKLAW
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor
Right! I'm going to detail the crap out of my car, never drive it in the rain, and ALWAYS park on end spots, work out religiously - then I'm going to give it to some kid to park based on his standards so I don't have to walk from parking. Nope!!!!
A gentle way to say NFW
Old 03-27-2006, 09:26 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Coochas
Does anyone recall the Seinfeld episode where he valeted his Bimmer only to have it end up with perma body odor from the valet? It was a funny episode,...and after taking NYC cabs for about 10 years of my life I can believe that there are peolpe out there who could permastench your car.
I thought that was his Saab, and that it had come back from the shop with the bad BO? .. Or was that another episode where Kramer was storing his blood in the Saab.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:16 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by OCBen
I thought that was his Saab, and that it had come back from the shop with the bad BO? .. Or was that another episode where Kramer was storing his blood in the Saab.
I don't remember now,...brain fart,....and another,...that's better.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:19 AM
sunlion
Advanced

When I had my boxster, it developed a horrendous stench. For about 2 weeks I could not isolate it. I though it was rotten milk that one of my nephews spilled. Finally, I did a thorough search of the car an found a numero dos filled diaper wrapped in a plastic bag tucked in a corner of the rear trunk, placed there by valet guys. I don't think I'll be valeting this car.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:20 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I valet parked my baby for the first time last Monday 3/20 because I had a choice between valet parking it or leaving it at a public park and ride and taking the Benz (which my wife was driving). Fortunately it was being parked at a Fairmont hotel that was formely a Four Seasons and the valet was a respectible 35+ year old who treated it with care. Of course, I still tipped him $10 up front to take good care of it and it came back without any problems.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Snoopy
Racer

The BMW had BO after being left at the valet. Kramer stored the blood in the Saab.
Old 03-29-2006, 08:12 AM
The B
Racer

lol, O.K. I will keep the minority torch going...I valet my car every chance I get.

The benifit of have a rough first year of ownership, 5 trips to the dealership to leave car and the mother of all door dings in drivers rear panel (requiring repaint), Is that I think: who could do what to my car in the space of a parking lot that hasn't already happened?

Besides, I'm probaably feeding the lust of a future porsche owner...
Old 03-29-2006, 01:24 PM
Bullet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NFW.
Coochas, I believe you said it best.

-B
Old 08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Pugnacious
Racer

NFW.
I find it curious that your Porsche will take the abuse of someone committing a felony by stealing your car but will not stand up to a guy just doing his job and parking it.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 PM
Coochas
Rennlist Member

Received 426 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by Pugnacious
I find it curious that your Porsche will take the abuse of someone committing a felony by stealing your car but will not stand up to a guy just doing his job and parking it.
????
I guess I just don't trust most valet boys. Didn't you ever see Ferris Bueller?
Besides, one can choose whether or not to use a valet. One does not get a choice when it comes to having your car stolen.
Old 08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

If there is somewhere nearby I can park, I just park the car and walk. If not, I ask the valet guys if I can park the car myself, and offer to pay them the normal fee (usually $2-$3 in Houston). They always say no problem, and they usually ask me to park it right out front. So far each time I've done this the guys have been really nice about it and say things like "don't blame you". I'm always courteous and thankful to them.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:12 AM
etmorcus
Advanced

No. I also wouldn't let a stranger change my kid's diapers.
Old 08-17-2007, 01:50 AM
StickShift964
Race Car

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Dealership and resturant valet guys i rarely trust with my car. From knowing friends that work at both places as valets, i try to reduce the amount of time a valet gets to drive at a dealership and never let them park it at a resturant.

Parking garages in NYC bother me the most...but at least im pretty sure they arent joyriding it. When they ask how long i will be, i tell them maybe a maximum of a half hour...even if im coming back in 8 hours.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Sam-Son
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 178 Posts

I actually am a Valet right now (pays for my college books and what not) I would never Valet my car. And all my firends I work with say the samething, actually anybody who has ever been a valet never seems to want to hand their car over. I've too many stupid kids do too many stupid things. Me I'll just give him $5 bucks and park it my self.

Quick Reply: Do you let the valet guys drive your car?