Sponsored by:

Everyone needs a wife like this

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 12:05 PM
baboou
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Everyone needs a wife like this

First a little background - I can do that, I'm an 'ol guy My wife is one of the world's greatest smart asses and when it comes to cars, particularly sports cars, she could care less but doesn't mind taking a few, shall we say cheap shots. As example, she calls out 997s the "PE" for, you guess it, ***** extender. Once, when stopped in traffic, she asked a very attractive women in a 'vette if the car made her breasts bigger. I told you, she's a smart ***.

Much to my surprise the other day she sez,"you know, for your 70th Birthday ( two years hense) we ought to go to Germany and pickup a new PE. Man, was I surprised but I "reluctantly" agreed and made my way to the PCNA site to start to configure the new beast. But wait, it gets better.

Today she asked what model I was thinking of and I replied another C2S or maybe a C4S. Of course, she doesn't know one model from the other but she sez, "what about a turbo"? I'm of course speechless. She sez, "if you can afford it, get it".

I think I'll divorce her
Old 02-03-2006, 12:08 PM
Sanjeevan
Three Wheelin'

A turbo PE has to better than a NA PE,...go for it
Old 02-03-2006, 12:14 PM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hey baboou, thanks for sharing that awesome story! That made my day! ... What a great wife you have!

Old 02-03-2006, 12:44 PM
baboou
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCBen
Hey baboou, thanks for sharing that awesome story! That made my day! ... What a great wife you have!

Thanks, I think so. Just don't let her know about the divorce comment
Old 02-03-2006, 02:15 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice story. Give her one week and then she'll tell you what SHE wants. Three words: Quid Pro Quo.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:29 PM
OCBen
Banned

Adam knows of which he speaks!

https://rennlist.com/forums/showpost...3&postcount=19
Old 02-03-2006, 02:34 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

Cool! How did you do that "link to a single post" trick with the button to close the window?
Old 02-03-2006, 02:39 PM
Sands
Instructor

Funny, but that is NOT how it happened. This is what happened: She wanted to get really expensive window treatments. She asked him coolly, "And how much did those yellow brakes cost you again?" At which point Adam turned around and said "woman... don't you ever use my ride as leverage to support your self desire to buy window dressings. Now, bake me a meat pot pie...b!tch."
"those yellow brakes" LMAO!!!

Last edited by Sands; 02-03-2006 at 03:11 PM.
Old 02-03-2006, 02:43 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by 1080iAddict
Cool! How did you do that "link to a single post" trick with the button to close the window?
I learned it from Lori, of all people. (No disrespect, Lori. Just that you seldom post here, yet you know more than we do about posting.) I saw her link her post about the "boat smell in a Vette" in Johnny's infamous camparo thread that got obliterated. I thought, 'that was cool' just like you.

So I probed around until I figured it out on my own.

- Go to the post # in the upper right hand corner and click on it.

- In the new window, copy the URL from the address line of your browser

- Paste it in your post!

Last edited by OCBen; 02-03-2006 at 03:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-03-2006, 02:53 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

yes, that does work, doesn't it. I like that.
Old 02-03-2006, 03:27 PM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by Sands
"those yellow brakes" LMAO!!!
Yeah, that's the funniest part of the story. The way I remember it, as told by Adam the first time around, she had this certain sarcastic tone in her voice when she said it too, "Hmmm, and how much did those yellow brakes cost you again?"

It was as though she was attributing the $8,000 premium solely to the color alone! In her mind, then, it was not unreasonable at all to spend extravagant amounts of money on purely decorative items, such as window treatments! ... After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

And Adam had nothing to say to that either....
Old 02-03-2006, 04:02 PM
Sands
Instructor

Originally Posted by OCBen
Yeah, that's the funniest part of the story. The way I remember it, as told by Adam the first time around, she had this certain sarcastic tone in her voice when she said it too, "Hmmm, and how much did those yellow brakes cost you again?"

It was as though she was attributing the $8,000 premium solely to the color alone! In her mind, then, it was not unreasonable at all to spend extravagant amounts of money on purely decorative items, such as window treatments! ... After all, what's good for the goose is good for the gander!

And Adam had nothing to say to that either....
For, as we all know, there IS nothing to say to that. And worse, if you try, it only goes downhill from there.
Old 02-03-2006, 04:03 PM
1080iAddict
Burning Brakes

I have to say that Ben remembers it exactly as it happened. And its not just the window treatments either. Its the entire room. The 10 new chairs were delivered last month. The workers just finished the flippin custom built oak and granite wall unit, fireplace mantle and mill work in that room today. Next will be the table and the art.

But what am I to say? I got my wheels. Her dining room was literally empty prior to this whole thing. So I guess fair is fair.
Old 02-03-2006, 08:38 PM
r@rhcrlaw.com
Track Day

Actually my 911 was quid pro quo my my wife wanting to do a landscape blowout. So I guess it works both ways-we are both happy. Although she says I get the benefit of using both. I have always encouraged her to use the vehicle du jour.
As a futher testament to what a great wife I have who is also sitting next to me and editing this as I reply-she spent my birthday (all day traveling) with me in December visiting three dealers in two states since I did a color change on my order.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:16 AM
OCBen
Banned

Originally Posted by icon
i take it ben hasnt found a female to put up with his smart *** yet!

you guy's are giving out too much information! how did she even know about the ceramic brakes?

you can always update cars on a yearly basis by just buying the same model and color! they won't even notice the small changes!

jeff
Actually Jeff, that's why I'm on the hook to buy us this ridiculously priced modest home here in Orange County. Part of the Quid Pro Quo that Adam speaks of.

But you're right, we shouldn't be disclosing that much information to our wives when we make our purchases. And if we all had wives like baboou's, who apparently can't tell the difference between models, we might be able to get away with upgrading every year by keeping the same color and model! I don't know anyone here who's as lucky as he is though, are you? ...

Quick Reply: Everyone needs a wife like this