Everyone needs a wife like this

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

muahahahahaha
I only have a girlfriend - it's MY MONEY
if she said "What do I get" when I bought my car she'd get an earful.
her parents bought her a cooper S however, so she's happy.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:25 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by baboou
First a little background - I can do that, I'm an 'ol guy
I shipped my last kid off to UC Santa Cruz, just me and my wife in the house now

She likes traveling, I like Porsches, I have an open checkbook on my next one
Old 02-04-2006, 12:27 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rbennett
I shipped my last kid off to UC Santa Cruz, just me and my wife in the house now

She likes traveling, I like Porsches, I have an open checkbook on my next one
go to germany and buy a 993 there and drive it around, then import it....
Old 02-04-2006, 12:29 AM
OCBen
Banned

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Vancouver83LTD
muahahahahaha
I only have a girlfriend - it's MY MONEY
if she said "What do I get" when I bought my car she'd get an earful.
her parents bought her a cooper S however, so she's happy.
Brett, you're a real crackup! ... Thanks for making us laugh.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:36 AM
rbennett
Drifting

go to germany and buy a 993 there and drive it around, then import it....
Funny you mentioned that

We are going to Germany this October, landing in Copenhaggen and Departing from Zurich for 18 days

Short part is, boat ride up the Rhine to Munich, I have 3 days all alone for me and the wife. I am emailing Porche for the factory cruise before we rejoin the tourists from hell!

As the departure date arrives, I will be asking a butt load of questions for all the brothers that went before me. I want to rent a car and hit the Audobon for atleast a day.

October and Octoberfest a coincidence ? I dont think so
Old 02-04-2006, 12:39 AM
ronmart
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by baboou
First a little background - I can do that, I'm an 'ol guy My wife is one of the world's greatest smart asses and when it comes to cars, particularly sports cars, she could care less but doesn't mind taking a few, shall we say cheap shots. As example, she calls out 997s the "PE" for, you guess it, ***** extender. Once, when stopped in traffic, she asked a very attractive women in a 'vette if the car made her breasts bigger. I told you, she's a smart ***.

Much to my surprise the other day she sez,"you know, for your 70th Birthday ( two years hense) we ought to go to Germany and pickup a new PE. Man, was I surprised but I "reluctantly" agreed and made my way to the PCNA site to start to configure the new beast. But wait, it gets better.

Today she asked what model I was thinking of and I replied another C2S or maybe a C4S. Of course, she doesn't know one model from the other but she sez, "what about a turbo"? I'm of course speechless. She sez, "if you can afford it, get it".

I think I'll divorce her
Classic!!! What a woman!

No disrespect, but if you are 70+ then I'd say go for the Turbo too. You never know how many more chances you'll get!
Old 02-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Funny you mentioned that

We are going to Germany this October, landing in Copenhaggen and Departing from Zurich for 18 days

Short part is, boat ride up the Rhine to Munich, I have 3 days all alone for me and the wife. I am emailing Porche for the factory cruise before we rejoin the tourists from hell!

As the departure date arrives, I will be asking a butt load of questions for all the brothers that went before me. I want to rent a car and hit the Audobon for atleast a day.

October and Octoberfest a coincidence ? I dont think so

I have a friend who imports cars to Canada - in Canada (though not the USA_) the car has to be at least 15 years old.... sort of lame
He went to germany and he bought a 1989 M5 and he imported it back. most of the client cars, however, are JDM (Japanese domestic Market) cars...
i dunno, look at who can do shipping.... It might be a huge hassle trying to get a euro 993 over here, with shipping and customs on both sides, however having a German market 993 would be cool, and I don't know how many of them there are in north america - while there's a bevy of 928 euros. Just a matter of time before we see more euro 993's
Old 02-04-2006, 12:42 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by OCBen
Brett, you're a real crackup! ... Thanks for making us laugh.
glad to see being a, as my last girlfriend put it so eloquently, 'an assclown', is appreciated
Old 02-04-2006, 01:19 AM
rbennett
Drifting

I have a friend who imports cars to Canada - in Canada (though not the USA_) the car has to be at least 15 years old.
I am going over there for the beer, scenery, cars and time alone with my wife and oh ya, the Porsche cars.

What I would like to know, can you rent a 996 TT, or something close (**** most anything would be fine I prefer a Porsche though) for a day?????

Anyone know this question? or something vey simular? just to rip up and down the Audobon for 12 hours?

If no one knows, I will find out and let you know!

Regards
Old 02-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

October and Octoberfest a coincidence ?
RB, I'm really sorry having to disappoint you, but for most part, the Oktoberfest is in September (September 16 through October 3).
Old 02-04-2006, 01:26 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

I am going over there for the beer, scenery, cars and time alone with my wife and oh ya, the Porsche cars.

What I would like to know, can you rent a 996 TT, or something close (**** most anything would be fine I prefer a Porsche though) for a day?????

Anyone know this question? or something vey simular? just to rip up and down the Audobon for 12 hours?

Regards
uhhh not too sure, i know you can rent a BMW 2 seater (presumably a Z4) through most rental companies.
Old 02-04-2006, 01:36 AM
rbennett
Drifting

Originally Posted by Soulteacher
RB, I'm really sorry having to disappoint you, but for most part, the Oktoberfest is in September (September 16 through October 3).
Yes I heard the Germans have toned it down a bit

But what the hell, they just dont stop serving beer do they???

We are departing Sep 21, may take a few days to get there, itenerary sez we arrive in Munich on Sep 26, so still plenty of time
Old 02-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Soulteacher
Burning Brakes

What I would like to know, can you rent a 996 TT, or something close
I just briefly skimmed the Internet. There are Porsche rentals, but those that I saw were all base 996s and 996s cabs. Minimum age between 25 and 30, two valid credit cards, deposits between EUR2500 and EUR5500, rates starting at EUR250 a day, excluding insurance, with few free miles (200 or less; EUR1.50 per extra mile). EUR1.00 = USD1.20.

Last edited by Soulteacher; 02-04-2006 at 01:49 AM. Reason: added info
Old 02-04-2006, 01:43 AM
Vancouver83LTD
Nordschleife Master

legal age in BC is 19 - i turned 18 less than a month before I went to england for two months - It was a mess, I walked 20 mins back via country lanes to where I was staying at 11pm on several occasions
Old 02-04-2006, 01:44 AM
fluid15
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 35 Posts

Regards
I travel to Germany a few times per year and notice that Avis typically rents Porsches. I believe they are about $250 +/- 50 per day with limited miles. If you truly plan to "experience" Oktoberfest, you'll need reservations about 6 months in advance - serious. You can find the phone numbers for each beer hall on the Oktoberfest website. This past year I just "happened" to pass through Munich/Munchen during Oktoberfest and had a hard time finding a seat at the limited outdoor tables ... at 10am in the morning! Needless to say my day ended while it was still daylight. I can't drink as much as the 'old days' (my 20's) but still had a good time mingling with variety of people. Everyone who likes beer needs to experience it at least once in their life.

Quick Reply: Everyone needs a wife like this