Sponsored by:

997.2 PDK feedback

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2024, 05:20 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,030 Likes on 731 Posts

Originally Posted by flat6---
Well, I’m sure it is because technology has gotten so much better that they prefer to drop the manual on sport cars to make them perform better.
Yes I'm sure that's part of it but as with any other product, the supplier produces what the consumer wants and what sells. Ferrari and Lamborghini quit building manuals 5 years ago because of lack of demand as shown in the story posted earlier. They don't even offer a manual as an option anymore. Porsche isn't far behind. The numbers have been pretty consistent since the PDK was rolled out 2009 with around 80% PDK's and 20% manuals produced. I've even seen later numbers trending towards 90/10 in favor of PDK.

Either way, it's been 15 years now since the PDK was introduced and again, the PDK/ Manual ratio remains roughly the same last I checked. Wouldn't basic business sense have Porsche rethink their production ratio if dealerships around the world were screaming for more manuals based on customer demand? 15 years is a long enough time to establish a trend in my book.
Old 07-06-2024, 08:17 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,883 Likes on 2,888 Posts

Originally Posted by RJ80
Total junk cars. Glad to have a classic, Enzo-era 246 GTS in the family for over 40 years. If you must have a 308, the GT4s drive so much better than GTB/GTS and you don't need to have a Hawaiian shirt and mustache to own one. 308 GTS is a typical "never meet your heroes" car, having driven several -- from early carbed fiberglass cars to later quattrovalvoles. From the low-res photo, yours appears to be an 80-82 2-valve FI car, the weakest and least desirable of the bunch.
My 308 carbed car w/hard to find black interior.
Dino's are sweet looking but very tight compartment/uncomfortable for most humans over 5'11"---->Do your parents let you drive it?

Last edited by groovzilla; 07-07-2024 at 11:44 PM.

Quick Reply: 997.2 PDK feedback