Sponsored by:

Porsche Insurance CANCELING MY POLICY IN AZ

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2023, 11:58 AM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts
Default Porsche Insurance CANCELING MY POLICY IN AZ

Just received notice that my Porsche Insurance Policy is NOT RENEWING as of next policy period here in Arizona. (Underwritten by Spinnaker Insurance Co. of Bedminster, N. J.

Anyone else getting notice?
Who is your best go to now for Stated Value and resoanble restrictions?
Thanks
Old 11-07-2023, 12:08 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,913 Likes on 2,903 Posts

I've been with Allstate for 30 years.
The secret with Insurance and to have the best pricing/coverage and power when dealing with these companies is to have a large amount of policies with the same company for home(s)/auto(s)/rental properties & Umbrella policy.

Is there a specific reason they are dropping you?? Accident or too many claims??
Hagerty is a good company but many companies won't write a policy after you have been dropped. It's one of the first questions they ask.

Last edited by groovzilla; 11-07-2023 at 03:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2023, 12:12 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

After a phone call.......evidently Spinnaker is pulling out, but Cimmaron Insurance is going to be underwriting. Porsche tells me they can quote new policies within 30 days and will be contacting me.....they are saying "things will be the same, just a different underwriter" (will see........).
Old 11-07-2023, 03:04 PM
lexhair
Pro

Received 148 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by soundbehindyou
After a phone call.......evidently Spinnaker is pulling out, but Cimmaron Insurance is going to be underwriting. Porsche tells me they can quote new policies within 30 days and will be contacting me.....they are saying "things will be the same, just a different underwriter" (will see........).
That sounds right. State insurance regulations change and some underwriters don't want to deal with it so they pull out.
Old 11-07-2023, 03:56 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Have you checked with Hagerty?
Old 11-07-2023, 04:07 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

The Porsche Policy I have is very, very competitive and restrictions are minimal at best. Hagerty always tends to be the most expensive in my experience and has restrictions that are restrictive.
I hope the "new underwriter" for Porsche remains similar in cost and restrictions......
Old 11-07-2023, 07:53 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

The Porsche Policy I have is very, very competitive and restrictions are minimal at best. Hagerty always tends to be the most expensive in my experience and has restrictions that are restrictive.
I hope the "new underwriter" for Porsche remains similar in cost and restrictions......
It's been a while since I went with Hagerty that was back in the 356 days when company was new and prices were low.
........But in another recent Insurance Thread few months ago someone mentioned Hagerty has some great premium pricing.

What I like about my allstate policy is I have full coverage and can put my 997 in suspense for as many months during the year as i want. When it is in suspense the cost is $45/month
I usually put the 997 in suspense 3 months during the winter or if we plan to travel

Last edited by groovzilla; 11-07-2023 at 07:55 PM.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:29 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,099 Likes on 2,119 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...insurance.html

yes, others are dealing with the cancellation too.

I quoted Hagerty a few years ago and they were insanely expensive. Like 4x my State Farm policy at the time. I quoted this past year and it was 2x my State Farm policy, but agreed value and genuine parts replacement. I switched. Insurance is super important to me, so I’m paying a bit more than I could through other carriers to have some added peace of mind.

You can look at Grundy too.
Old 11-07-2023, 09:49 PM
chuck v
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Sounds about right. Leland west underwriter stopped underwriting Porsche, they are working with hagerty to get people covered. Let’s see if Porsche returns, my info is yes
Old 11-07-2023, 10:23 PM
TerrestrialFlyte
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 349 Posts

I sent them an inquiry last weekend and expected an email during the week and never got a response. Just sent off another inquiry about an hour ago. I guess that’s why I haven’t heard back. In Texas, for the record.
Old 11-08-2023, 04:08 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,038 Likes on 735 Posts

I have Hartford. Good policy and inexpensive. No notice from them about cancellation.
Old 11-08-2023, 08:46 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,556 Likes on 4,170 Posts

Make sure you understand the difference between "stated value" which you wrote and "agreed Value" which is what you want. Grundy or Hagerty is who you should look at. I have 9 cars (7 Porsches) on a Grundy AV policy and they've been great
Old 11-08-2023, 09:44 AM
ShaunP
Racer

Received 169 Likes on 92 Posts

A nice benefit of Porsche insurance is that you don't need a daily driver for each person in the family to get agreed value for your Porsche, it's also cheaper compared to everyone else I shopped insurance with. My wife and I both work from home and share a daily/family car. Then the 997 is for fun. Every other carrier requires each adult to have a daily and limits where you can go/park/how you can use the car.
Old 11-08-2023, 09:48 AM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,556 Likes on 4,170 Posts

Originally Posted by ShaunP
A nice benefit of Porsche insurance is that you don't need a daily driver for each person in the family to get agreed value for your Porsche, it's also cheaper compared to everyone else I shopped insurance with. My wife and I both work from home and share a daily/family car. Then the 997 is for fun. Every other carrier requires each adult to have a daily and limits where you can go/park/how you can use the car.
That's not true. With Grundy, any car categorized as an Exotic or Classic requires a regular use car, but for cars classified as Regular use cars, they are still covered with AV and don't require an additional car. Both my 19 year old daughter (Audi Q5) and 16 year old son (89 944 S2) are on my AV policy with AV coverage on their 2 vehicles. They can only drive the other cars that are also classified as Regular use (like the pickup) but not any of the cars classified as Exotic or Classic until they're 25 years old.
Old 11-08-2023, 10:02 AM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 155 Likes on 100 Posts

I just placed my newly acquired '15 Turbo S with American Collectors (https://americancollectors.com/). I Was referred to them by USAA with whom i have all my other coverage.

Quick Reply: Porsche Insurance CANCELING MY POLICY IN AZ