Notices
997 Forum 2005-2012
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agreed Value insurance? What are people doing for their 997s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 01:46 PM
jdarwin
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

State Farm would not do AV so I called Leland West (found ad in PCA magazine). Covered for my AV, 3,000 miles per year, garaged and have other daily vehicles. Cheaper than Hagerty and the others I quoted. They have unlimited mileage options as well but I didn't consider than in my quoting process since I'm typically at or under the 3000 mile threshold.
The following users liked this post:
misterdega (10-24-2023)
Old 10-24-2023, 06:15 PM
TheMurse
Racer

Received 592 Likes on 177 Posts

@jalvani - does Mutual of Enumclaw offer AV insurance?
Old 10-24-2023, 07:34 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Received 312 Likes on 197 Posts

For those wondering about Porsche Insurance, just lifted this from PCNA's website:

Porsche Auto Insurance is available to you if your Porsche vehicle is garaged in the states of Arizona, California, Georgia, Illinois, Ohio, Oregon or Texas. Want to know when Porsche Auto Insurance is available in your state? Click here to join the Porsche Auto Insurance* mailing list.

No shocker they aren't in VT...alas.
carguy999 (03-09-2024)
Old 10-26-2023, 02:17 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 441 Likes on 178 Posts

Just contacted the following and no dice. Mostly because I daily the car and drive about 12-15k yearly....

Anyone have any other suggestions? I live in California.

American modern (do not qualify)
Grundy (do not qualify)
Hagerty (do not qualify)
Leland west (do not qualify)
Porsche auto insurance - not avail right now for new policies.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:29 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 159 Posts

Originally Posted by misterdega
Just contacted the following and no dice. Mostly because I daily the car and drive about 12-15k yearly....

Grundy (do not qualify)
Hagerty (do not qualify)

Wait, no new policies? Did they say why?
Old 10-26-2023, 04:45 PM
misterdega
Rennlist Member

Received 441 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by nwGTS
Wait, no new policies? Did they say why?
This was their reply.

Thank you for your interest in Porsche Auto Insurance. We are unable to issue new Porsche Auto Insurance policies at this time. This is a temporary delay and we would be happy to reach back out to you as soon as we are able to offer policies to new customers. If you would like us to contact you at that time, please reply to this email.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future,

Porsche Auto Insurance - Customer Care
Old 10-26-2023, 07:06 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,106 Likes on 2,125 Posts

Originally Posted by misterdega

Grundy (do not qualify)
Hagerty (do not qualify)
Cincinatti, but they’ll require your home to be with them too.
Old 10-26-2023, 07:44 PM
bheit1
Rennlist Member

Received 190 Likes on 129 Posts

Acuity accepted mine with an appraisal. I couldn't find one in my area, so I sent them ads from auto Trader, which they accepted.
I don't think my premiums went up at all. They were reasonable to start with. My favorite body shop claims Acuity is a great
company and pays promptly. They are also customers, and have seen 'em all. Not sure they sell outside of the Mid West.

Last edited by bheit1; 10-26-2023 at 07:45 PM.
Old 10-31-2023, 11:21 PM
aglaes
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I did an online application for Grundy, but I guess if you have any claims on your record they decline you. My daughter, while in college, had an accident at least 4 years ago and she is still on our Progressive policy, but I did not even include her on the Grundy application, but they still declined it.

I guess I'll stick with my Hagerty AV policy on the 997. Renewing at the end of this month.

Last edited by aglaes; 10-31-2023 at 11:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2023, 06:38 AM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Was emailing Samuel Grundy for quotes, he was anxious to talk, and now I am not hearing back from him…been since Friday.

Their quotes were pretty good, but I want to be able to talk the details, too.

Odd way of doing business. Not one I’ll sign up for joining. Let you know if I do hear anything else.

Bob
Old 11-07-2023, 03:59 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Heard back from Grundy and, I have to say, their numbers were outstanding on one vehicle (in FL), and very good on others (in VT).

The FL car -- a '92 MB 500E -- is almost HALF the cost compared to my USAA policy. Amazing. I'm also moving my VT 2011 C2S to Grundy for a relatively minor savings, but we have agreed upon a valuation that is fair.

A couple of notes:
  • I have high liability insurance on our cars with USAA...levels that Grundy won't go to. However, they do offer umbrella insurance. In my case, I'm sticking with my USAA umbrella policy and taking the max liability Grundy allows.
  • Grundy will not do agreed upon valuations if the car is a daily driver.
Hope that helps.

Thx!

Bob
Old 11-07-2023, 04:10 PM
soundbehindyou
Burning Brakes

Received 215 Likes on 92 Posts

Thank you for your interest in Porsche Auto Insurance. We are unable to issue new Porsche Auto Insurance policies at this time. This is a temporary delay and we would be happy to reach back out to you as soon as we are able to offer policies to new customers. If you would like us to contact you at that time, please reply to this email.
We look forward to the opportunity to serve you in the future,
​​​​​​​

I called them and they are switching underwriters (Spinnaker to Cimmaron) and I was told they will call within 30 days to give me a new quote
Old 11-07-2023, 04:41 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,601 Likes on 4,197 Posts

Originally Posted by VT Blue
Heard back from Grundy and, I have to say, their numbers were outstanding on one vehicle (in FL), and very good on others (in VT).

The FL car -- a '92 MB 500E -- is almost HALF the cost compared to my USAA policy. Amazing. I'm also moving my VT 2011 C2S to Grundy for a relatively minor savings, but we have agreed upon a valuation that is fair.

A couple of notes:
  • I have high liability insurance on our cars with USAA...levels that Grundy won't go to. However, they do offer umbrella insurance. In my case, I'm sticking with my USAA umbrella policy and taking the max liability Grundy allows.
  • Grundy will not do agreed upon valuations if the car is a daily driver.
Hope that helps.

Thx!

Bob
5 of the 9 cars on my Grundy MVP policy are classified as Regular Use vehicles with AV coverage, so not sure about your statement in red....or maybe you should have used their "Regular Use Vehicle" terminology instead of "Daily Driver".

Oddly enough, my Cayenne is probably the car that spends the most time in my own garage, but had to be classified as a Regular Use Vehicle because when we take it on trips, it's parked in an unsecured garage at wherever we're staying, which was one of the criteria to make it an Exotic or Classic.
VT Blue (11-07-2023)
Old 11-07-2023, 05:39 PM
VT Blue
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Petza914
5 of the 9 cars on my Grundy MVP policy are classified as Regular Use vehicles with AV coverage, so not sure about your statement in red....or maybe you should have used their "Regular Use Vehicle" terminology instead of "Daily Driver".

Oddly enough, my Cayenne is probably the car that spends the most time in my own garage, but had to be classified as a Regular Use Vehicle because when we take it on trips, it's parked in an unsecured garage at wherever we're staying, which was one of the criteria to make it an Exotic or Classic.
Hi, Pete!

Yes, because the FL car/MB is my only set of wheels down there, they say it cannot have AV coverage, even if it's a max of 10 days/month.

However, they will provide AV coverage when I bring it back to VT in the near'ish future where I have other choices.

Thx!

Bob
Old 11-07-2023, 06:12 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,601 Likes on 4,197 Posts

Originally Posted by VT Blue
Hi, Pete!

Yes, because the FL car/MB is my only set of wheels down there, they say it cannot have AV coverage, even if it's a max of 10 days/month.

However, they will provide AV coverage when I bring it back to VT in the near'ish future where I have other choices.

Thx!

Bob
Ah, makes sense.

Quick Reply: Agreed Value insurance? What are people doing for their 997s?