Who sells full leather consoles?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2022, 01:09 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Received 653 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by kellen
Ebay: Link

On my phone but I saw it earlier. Unsure if the boot and trim will cover up the marks.

Old 01-06-2022, 03:27 PM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 382 Likes on 247 Posts

Originally Posted by hexagone
Glad to help!
Old 01-07-2022, 02:51 AM
fayraree
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by frybear
And...I'M OUT!
LOL
Old 01-10-2022, 09:39 AM
davismt55
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Frybear - Console looks great! Im talking with him about the same (center console and PCM panels for my 2011). Assume the parking brake comes separate - yes or no? Mine is already leather and not worn. Did you pay via PayPal or CC? Just being careful as frankly I don’t ,now where Latvia even is?!? Lol - Mike
The following users liked this post:
frybear (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 09:43 AM
frybear
Pro

Received 215 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by davismt55
Frybear - Console looks great! Im talking with him about the same (center console and PCM panels for my 2011). Assume the parking brake comes separate - yes or no? Mine is already leather and not worn. Did you pay via PayPal or CC? Just being careful as frankly I don’t ,now where Latvia even is?!? Lol - Mike
Comes with everything! Even the full parking brake assembly with leather banana and handle. I was about halfway through removing the handbrake assembly and realized I could just swap over the leather pieces, much easier I believe I paid with paypal. Received the stuff about 4 days after I paid.
davismt55 (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 11:11 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Comes with everything! Even the full parking brake assembly with leather banana and handle. I was about halfway through removing the handbrake assembly and realized I could just swap over the leather pieces, much easier I believe I paid with paypal. Received the stuff about 4 days after I paid.
My experience as well. Very fast shipping.
The following 2 users liked this post by kellen:
davismt55 (01-10-2022), frybear (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 12:30 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Ok soooo - I've bought the full setup in order to just get the black console. So there are a bunch of things I need to resell now to make up for the expense:

black leather console trim - new
black stitched arm rest with embossed porsche logo - new

What I also now will be removing:

painted gloss black center console - used but in good shape
X97 weighted aluminum Shift **** with black matching shift boot

Anyone interested?
frybear (01-10-2022)
Old 01-10-2022, 04:30 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

I got my console.... who wants the left overs?

https://rennlist.com/forums/market/1284627
Old 01-12-2022, 08:11 AM
davismt55
Rennlist Member

Frybear, just a follow-up as Lev has one Cab console tho it lacks the hole for my airbag light. He said it isn’t required but I saw your earlier warning that if it isn’t connected back when the key is inserted,m I might have to get my dealer to reset (which is a PITA as dealer in ATL area are backlogged 6+ weeks. Just thought I’d see if you or others heard anymore on that? Also, did you upgrade the TOP of your door with leather like this (not the switch area)? Thx, Mike

Old 01-12-2022, 08:19 AM
davismt55
Rennlist Member

Frybear, just a follow-up as Lev has one Cab console tho it lacks the hole for my airbag light. He said it isn’t required but I saw your earlier warning that if it isn’t connected back when the key is inserted,m I might have to get my dealer to reset (which is a PITA as dealer in ATL area are backlogged 6+ weeks. Just thought I’d see if you or others heard anymore on that? Also, did you upgrade the TOP of your door with leather like this (not the switch area)? Thx, Mike

Dr.H (01-12-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 09:12 AM
frybear
Pro

No, but I'd love to. I'm to afraid to remove the door card as I've heard clips break off and have to be redone with screws or something. And I haven't heard anything further on the airbag light situation. My bet is this though...you can probably just remove your current light from your console, keeping it plugged in, and just hide it under the new console. I am sure it doesn't get hot enough to affect anything underneath.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:03 AM
kellen
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

No, but I'd love to. I'm to afraid to remove the door card as I've heard clips break off and have to be redone with screws or something. And I haven't heard anything further on the airbag light situation. My bet is this though...you can probably just remove your current light from your console, keeping it plugged in, and just hide it under the new console. I am sure it doesn't get hot enough to affect anything underneath.
The door card pops off after removing half a dozen screws. You likely will break some retaining clips but they are available for a dollar each.

To remove the door spear that surrounds the window controls you have to melt or drill out the plastic posts and reject/screw the new one on. Not hard at all, sounds more daunting then it is.
Old 01-12-2022, 11:09 AM
frybear
Pro

Originally Posted by kellen
The door card pops off after removing half a dozen screws. You likely will break some retaining clips but they are available for a dollar each.

To remove the door spear that surrounds the window controls you have to melt or drill out the plastic posts and reject/screw the new one on. Not hard at all, sounds more daunting then it is.
Maybe that's the issue - I want the leather spear around the window controls.
Old 01-12-2022, 12:03 PM
speedracerf4i
Pro

Received 179 Likes on 108 Posts

My console from Lev doesn't have the passenger airbag light hole. European cars don't require that. What I did is to keep the original light plugged in and use the 3M double-side tape to tape it underneath the same location. Not having the light plugged in will trigger the dash airbag light.
As far as the leather with the deviated stitches door panel (that is the picture of my door), it is normally only available to purchase when the car was ordered new. It is a part of "full leather" option. Or, you can find used from salvage yards sold as a whole door card.

Last edited by speedracerf4i; 01-12-2022 at 12:23 PM.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:11 PM
davismt55
Rennlist Member

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. Air bag light sounds pretty easy to manage. And I suspected the top door in leather was restricted in some way
given I haven’t seen any for sale. All good of course as the main thing is how 997s drive on the twisties!

Quick Reply: Who sells full leather consoles?