Sponsored by:

Documenting My Flat 6 Innovations Build

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 03:29 PM
jonan
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Sweet! Nice build! What kit did you use for the GT3 center exhaust conversion?
the complete exhaust system was around 7k, i need to have my fabricator straighten out the alignment of the tips though since its a combination of many different exhaust brands...

the gt3 .2 euro rear bumper was like 4k or 5k i don't remember, then i had to get the .2 lights and modules to prevent errors from suncoast which was like 1k? i got all of the bumpers and lights from suncoast...the oem gt3 rear grilles and heatshield was like 400ish i think?
The following users liked this post:
rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 03:43 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,105 Likes on 414 Posts

Dood, your build is next level shizzle. Nicely done and I admire the commitment. I hope you enjoy in good health. Post a vid of your exhaust when you can; curious to hear how it sounds and what you think of it. Better yet, start your own build thread so we can read about it! [OP, sorry for the thread hijack].

Originally Posted by jonan
the complete exhaust system was around 7k, i need to have my fabricator straighten out the alignment of the tips though since its a combination of many different exhaust brands...

the gt3 .2 euro rear bumper was like 4k or 5k i don't remember, then i had to get the .2 lights and modules to prevent errors from suncoast which was like 1k? i got all of the bumpers and lights from suncoast...the oem gt3 rear grilles and heatshield was like 400ish i think?
Old 12-20-2022, 03:46 PM
jonan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Dood, your build is next level shizzle. Nicely done and I admire the commitment. I hope you enjoy in good health. Post a vid of your exhaust when you can; curious to hear how it sounds and what you think of it. Better yet, start your own build thread so we can read about it! [OP, sorry for the thread hijack].
will do, i need to make some proper exhaust videos when it gets nicer out...
Old 12-20-2022, 04:07 PM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Received 236 Likes on 154 Posts

Rest of the pics clipped out. Jeez, man, that is incredible. Wish I had the space and toolset to work on something like that.
The following 2 users liked this post by cbredesen:
$ Short (07-09-2023), rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 04:19 PM
jonan
Instructor

Originally Posted by cbredesen
Rest of the pics clipped out. Jeez, man, that is incredible. Wish I had the space and toolset to work on something like that.
thanks! this is basically my "poor" man's singer and current long term project car, since i've fully restored both of my RS4s =p
The following 3 users liked this post by jonan:
mikes70 (12-22-2022), rdcyclist (05-16-2023), Scalp_em (12-21-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 05:17 PM
Durling21
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

With how expensive 997 gt3’s are becoming doing a FSI build seems the way to go plus I have back seats for when I have kids and my wife told me my sports required back seats 😂
rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-20-2022, 06:00 PM
Sporty
Three Wheelin'

Received 464 Likes on 296 Posts

thanks! this is basically my "poor" man's singer and current long term project car, since i've fully restored both of my RS4s =p
Put on some nice really deep dish/lip Fuchs type wheels and you'll definitely be "Singerish". Also what are you going to be doing to the center console -leather or CF?
Old 12-20-2022, 07:01 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,920 Likes on 2,908 Posts

I needed to take a nap after looking at all the photo upgrades.
Man that's one dedicated owner.

The following 3 users liked this post by groovzilla:
gutenfreibier (12-20-2022), rdcyclist (05-16-2023), TerrestrialFlyte (12-20-2022)
Old 12-20-2022, 08:04 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 145 Likes on 99 Posts

One thing for everyone to remember--the glorious builds you're seeing now are the last ones to go through what FSI now calls the 'old' engine program. Jake's at work on the new program, which will largely be an engine swap model, sold through LN engineering, mostly installed by certified installers. There are strong requirements for the engine you exchange in the swap, so buying a roller with a blown motor won't get you a chance at an engine under the new program--you'd still need to find a good engine core. I'm certain the engines in coming out of the new program are going to have all the FSI goodness (or even better, given the R&D videos Jake's been sharing on Facebook and Youtube), but FSI's not taking any severely damaged engines in the new program.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:58 PM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by sburke91
One thing for everyone to remember--the glorious builds you're seeing now are the last ones to go through what FSI now calls the 'old' engine program. Jake's at work on the new program, which will largely be an engine swap model, sold through LN engineering, mostly installed by certified installers. There are strong requirements for the engine you exchange in the swap, so buying a roller with a blown motor won't get you a chance at an engine under the new program--you'd still need to find a good engine core. I'm certain the engines in coming out of the new program are going to have all the FSI goodness (or even better, given the R&D videos Jake's been sharing on Facebook and Youtube), but FSI's not taking any severely damaged engines in the new program.

Yes I feel really fortunate, it is just ridiculous how fast and smooth this car is. I hammered it in 2nd tonight and it actually got squirmy in the rear end. Granted it is cold out, but it is an entirely different car. I had $30k-$32k “all in” (tune, shipping insurance, extras I bought) and was my own installer (I had access to a lift, the tools, and the know how). I am guessing a certified installer will charge $4-5k. According to Jake my build went up quite a bit for 2023, not sure how much. The experience was really something special so it is disappointing that people won’t get to experience that part. Plus I really like having a matching VIN.

I would expect the entry LN sold builds to be ~$35k, but that is just a guess. Since he isn’t just taking any engine, you might have quite a bit in a build. That said if the 997 is your Gen this is really something special IMO. You could always wait for one to pop up FS, but I am thinking most owners are not looking to part ways 😁.

This might sound crazy, but if someone offered me an even trade for a 997 GTS it would be a hard no. 997 GT3, I would have to drive them both back to back 😂

Last edited by bgoetz; 12-20-2022 at 11:02 PM.
rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-21-2022, 02:04 AM
jonan
Instructor

Originally Posted by Sporty
Put on some nice really deep dish/lip Fuchs type wheels and you'll definitely be "Singerish". Also what are you going to be doing to the center console -leather or CF?
I'm not sure...i really LOVE leather so may have Frank make a black napa leather one with cobalt blue stitching...so either that or moar cardboard fibre 🤪
rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-21-2022, 02:05 AM
jonan
Instructor

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Yes I feel really fortunate, it is just ridiculous how fast and smooth this car is. I hammered it in 2nd tonight and it actually got squirmy in the rear end. Granted it is cold out, but it is an entirely different car. I had $30k-$32k “all in” (tune, shipping insurance, extras I bought) and was my own installer (I had access to a lift, the tools, and the know how). I am guessing a certified installer will charge $4-5k. According to Jake my build went up quite a bit for 2023, not sure how much. The experience was really something special so it is disappointing that people won’t get to experience that part. Plus I really like having a matching VIN.

I would expect the entry LN sold builds to be ~$35k, but that is just a guess. Since he isn’t just taking any engine, you might have quite a bit in a build. That said if the 997 is your Gen this is really something special IMO. You could always wait for one to pop up FS, but I am thinking most owners are not looking to part ways 😁.

This might sound crazy, but if someone offered me an even trade for a 997 GTS it would be a hard no. 997 GT3, I would have to drive them both back to back 😂
anyone can buy a GTS...you gotta be pretty hardcore to go the FSI route though and i'm happy it all worked out that way in the end...
rdcyclist (05-16-2023)
Old 12-21-2022, 04:42 AM
jasonborne21
4th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Snakebit
I'll be shadowing your story as you share. But if I put myself in your shoes the first thing that comes to mind is WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO PLAY WITH while you wait? Got a cheap little grin machine you can ring its neck while you dream?

I do, so I think I could at least act brave. Lol

Congratulations.
Thanks for your appreciation. I am looking for apartments for sale Istanbul for myself and still can not find them.

Last edited by jasonborne21; 12-21-2022 at 04:47 AM.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:27 AM
bgoetz
Three Wheelin'

Received 391 Likes on 217 Posts

So I have an idea, let’s turn this into a thread for everyone to talk about their builds! We are sorta doing this already, but let’s keep it going. I love hearing about everyone’s builds and would love to hear about the experiences under the new program.
The following 3 users liked this post by bgoetz:
mikes70 (12-22-2022), rdcyclist (05-16-2023), Scalp_em (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 10:20 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bgoetz
So I have an idea, let’s turn this into a thread for everyone to talk about their builds! We are sorta doing this already, but let’s keep it going. I love hearing about everyone’s builds and would love to hear about the experiences under the new program.
Love it.

I'm gonna try and make my own thread as well. But... until then. My first payment has been made. Car is to ship out after the first of the year. Not sure what "extras" are available for R-series. But will debate and discuss those if and when they arise.

So excited.
The following 2 users liked this post by cwheeler:
sburke91 (12-22-2022), Scalp_em (12-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Documenting My Flat 6 Innovations Build