Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS Cars For Sale On The Web

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2023, 01:39 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,111 Likes on 417 Posts

Well said. I don't think I've ever seen pics of your cab. Please post some. SY must look amazing.

Originally Posted by Prairiedawg
I will argue that my GTS Cab is better, yes better than a Speedster. Go ahead and scoff you monocled, top hatted Speedster owners with your fancy mustaches. My GTS is better. What gives my Cab a premium over the Speedster is.....I get to drive it. As much as I want. I get to go full throttle, over and over, to redline. I get to listen to the wail out the back through the Sharkwerks without dodging bugs from the lower windshield. I get to stand around in my garage admiring it like a Speedster owner does then I can take it out for a 400 mile road trip. And do it again.

The Speedster will never reach its potential, never leave it's parent's basement. Stuck there looking at the outside world, wondering. What's it like on the back roads, the twisties? Maybe someday I can bounce of the limiter? Nope, PDK. I wonder what it's like to be loved, driven, not treated like a museum piece? Why does my owners wife secretly smile when she sees the GTS Cab owner when he's not looking? Is it because of the wild carefree lifestyle, the manual shifting ability, or both?

So kidding aside (not really), It is a shame what happened with that car on PCAR. The owner left a lot of money on the table through hubris. The new owner got a good deal but not as much as one thinks. It will still need $5k worth of maintenance, fluids, and tires. I would like to see what a similar or better optioned, same milage car would do on BAT. BAT seems to be the benchmark that lifts the prices and sets the market. You will remember that BAT set the GTS market off with the Turquoise Blue Coupe a couple of years ago. The GTS market was rising but that one set the new benchmark for the model and soon after, mundane but lower mileage units were climbing in price.

It would be nice to see the Cab's get similar recognition, especially well spec'd 6 speed models. There were less than 150 produced for the US market so less than 10% of the total GTS production numbers. Add in 18 way seats, limited slip, etc and the numbers get even smaller. As @Liste-Renn speculates

"A RWD, LSD, Cab GTS with 6MT (did they even offer SPASM on one? I think not) would be an awesome drop top
in a SoCal garage. Don't even need a Sharkey muffler delete to hear the PSE!"

He's right except it's awesome in any garage, especially mine. It's even better when it's out on the backroads out towards La Crosse, doing what it loves. Twisting, turning,........ going to the redline.
Old 11-18-2023, 09:02 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 547 Posts

Well, I'd hate to impose. But, well if you insist.....

Last edited by Prairiedawg; 11-18-2023 at 09:08 PM.
The following 9 users liked this post by Prairiedawg:
Acropora8 (12-02-2023), Busta Rib (11-19-2023), daddyscar (11-29-2023), Flea7 (11-21-2023), greasem0nkey86 (11-18-2023), jbkusa (11-18-2023), Lemarp (11-21-2023), Liste-Renn (11-19-2023), Quixotic1 (11-19-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-19-2023, 05:24 AM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Received 1,371 Likes on 625 Posts

Sorry to have confused some readers.
My points have since been clarified.
Both GTS Cabs mentioned on this thread were anomalies.

The 100K-mile one was because the seller appeared to be the only bidder NOT concerned about a car with that mileage and ZERO maintenance history.
He left lots of $ on the table.

The low-mile Cab with 6MT and some cool options was also presented poorly, with no DME over rev report (almost required with a manual car). ANd he failed to address the "easy" things that RF always does, than presents is perfectly at a high price. And we never see what that unicorn would fetch at public auction.

I'll sign off with another apology for perhaps not being specific enough about which car was receiving what list of gripes about the sale.

The Speedster vs 6MT GTS Cab debate is fun.
Especially since a Speedster only came with PDK!
And some Speedster years only came with 6MT.

I am only chiming in because I personally will soon end up with my GTS that might invite a similar fun-to-debate comparison:
Sport Classic vs GTS RWD 6MT LSD Coupe with ducktail and Sport Classic lip mods.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-19-2023 at 05:27 AM.
Old 11-20-2023, 07:34 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,025 Likes on 547 Posts

Originally Posted by Liste-Renn

The Speedster vs 6MT GTS Cab debate is fun.
Especially since a Speedster only came with PDK!
And some Speedster years only came with 6MT.

I am only chiming in because I personally will soon end up with my GTS that might invite a similar fun-to-debate comparison:
Sport Classic vs GTS RWD 6MT LSD Coupe with ducktail and Sport Classic lip mods.
Same as everything with the Speedster except it's the owners hot daughter giving you the eye...

Last edited by Prairiedawg; 11-20-2023 at 07:36 PM.
Old 11-24-2023, 12:17 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

Just saw this on BaT results.

A set of RS Spyder wheels from a 997 GTS for almost $3K (all in).

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/po...-s-centerlock/

One wheel was curb rashed.

With offsets only a mother could love, I am amazed a less than perfect set fetched that much.

Good info for a GTS owner looking to correct those crappy offsets and maybe move up to a wider (997.2 GT2RS) setup.

$3K towards a 9" ET 47 and 12" ET 48 with 245/35 325/30 is a good plan!

A used GT3RS OEM, BBS, Forgeline, BC Forged, BBS or OZ are all superior options.

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-26-2023 at 05:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2023, 05:43 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,041 Likes on 736 Posts

Just saw this on BaT results.

A set of RS Spyder wheels from a 997 GTS for almost $3K (all in).
With offsets only a mother could love, I am amazed a less than perfect set fetched that much.
I don't get it either. The GTS factory wheel offsets don't do this special model justice. Allowing for snow chains is the only explanation I've found for delivering it like this from the factory. Spacers not being an option, after market wheels with customized offsets was the solution for me. Not as cheap as spacers for sure but along with lowering it completes the package to my likes.

The following 2 users liked this post by sandwedge:
GTS Sully (11-26-2023), Liste-Renn (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 05:57 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

So many excellent choices to correct that gap.
Gotta spend some money to end up with a lighter wheel (the RS Spyders are forged by Fuchsfelge).
But. as I stated above, replacing the Spyders fixes both the offsets and affords wider and lighter wheel choices.
The GTS was really dealt a bad hand from the factory- for whatever reason.

And @sandwedge , your point is valid- if the spacing was intentional to allow fitment of chains, then why weren't the 997.2 GT Centerlock wheel cars saddled with crappy offsets to comply?

Its a mystery, especially since the 997.2 TT could be also optioned with the same Spyders and shares the big wheel well gaps.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:00 PM
Petza914
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 6,628 Likes on 4,213 Posts

Probably because the GT cars are supposed to be turnkey track cars and marketed for a different purpose than the Carrera line.
Old 11-28-2023, 09:54 PM
motobri
Pro

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts

Has anyone fitted a Speedster Tonneau/clamshell on a GTS cab?

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Interesting take on the 6-spd GTS Cab and Speedster comparison. I'm not a cab person but I'd rather have the GTS Cab + manual than a Speedster. You can slap on a Speedster front lip, lowering springs, and Sport Classic wheels to the GTS Cab to get 90% there on optics. To me, the lower windscreen is noticeable (70mm lower) and other subtle changes like the rear bumper cover, rear tonneau, and PCCBs on the Speedster are very cool but unnecessary from a driver experience standpoint. Whomever bought that manual Cab got a good deal considering it just needed some TLC and standard maintenance. It is a unique car and ride and just as special as the Speedster! A 100K-mile car scars people away, unfortunately. These engines will last a long time with proper maintenance. I'm looking forward to reading about the first 200k-mile GTS on the road and curious to hear about the ownership experience. Hopefully I will get there one day with mine. Have a terrific weekend, everyone! Get out and drive!

Speedster windscreen

GTS Cab windscreen
Old 11-29-2023, 01:35 PM
JFD997
8th Gear

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

997 Speedster was my “don’t meet your heroes car” but sure is pretty. 991 Speedster a much better execution.

Here to plug my no reserve Aqua Blue GTS auction on Cars & Bids, and to say “thank you” for all of the great production info found on this forum!

https://carsandbids.com/auctions/KDY...ts-coupe?c=all

Old 11-30-2023, 04:43 PM
Liste-Renn
Rennlist Member

50K-mile
PDK
Lots of exhaust modifications- beware CA smog compliance
Aftermarket Head Unit

Nice color

Let's see what a car flipped from BaT to Cars&Bids fetches.

"This car sold Nov. 2021 on BaT for $76,550 plus fees at 45k miles in a no reserve auction. The winner of that auction installed performance Fabspeed headers (~$4,000), SOUL exhaust bits (~$4,500), and aftermarket a/v equipment prior to trading the car in August 2023"

Whomever spent $8500 on the exhaust mods never heard a 997 GTS with a Sharky (for about $2200, installed.)

Last edited by Liste-Renn; 11-30-2023 at 04:56 PM.
Old 11-30-2023, 05:33 PM
Ajmiller
Intermediate

50K-mile
PDK
Aftermarket Head Unit

Nice color

"This car sold Nov. 2021 on BaT for $76,550 plus fees at 45k miles in a no reserve auction. The winner of that auction installed performance Fabspeed headers (~$4,000), SOUL exhaust bits (~$4,500), and aftermarket a/v equipment prior to trading the car in August 2023"

Whomever spent $8500 on the exhaust mods never heard a 997 GTS with a Sharky (for about $2200, installed.)
The winner of the BAT auction then traded it in to a dealer and that dealer sold it for a steal (via fb marketplace) I would have bought it but the current owner beat me to it.
Old 11-30-2023, 06:07 PM
JFD997
8th Gear

The headers with the stock PSE would have sounded good enough, but the SOUL hardware sure looks nice to boot.

I’m curious how C&B performs, too! Lol. I have a grudge with BaT after some issues with vehicles I submitted many years ago - thought I’d give Doug a shot.

50K-mile
PDK
Aftermarket Head Unit

Nice color

Old 11-30-2023, 06:11 PM
JFD997
8th Gear

Have received three messages through C&B of others that tried to snag it from M&F Auto as well. The salesman that listed it on Facebook (as a Carrera S without photos) never got back to me. Luckily his colleague wasn’t too busy for a phone call. Nice folks there.

Originally Posted by Ajmiller
The winner of the BAT auction then traded it in to a dealer and that dealer sold it for a steal (via fb marketplace) I would have bought it but the current owner beat me to it.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:54 AM
GTSence
Rennlist Member

Received 93 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by motobri
Has anyone fitted a Speedster Tonneau/clamshell on a GTS cab?
No, but this is on my list.

The vertex kit is still available... https://www.vertexauto.com/porsche-9...-p-567810.aspx

I don't like the design as much as the Delavilla kit for the 991... https://rennlist.com/forums/997-foru...lla-humps.html

There was a Delavilla kit for the 997, but it's no longer available. I thought maybe a used one would come up at some point, but so far no luck.

If anyone knows of other options, I'd love to hear them...

Quick Reply: GTS Cars For Sale On The Web