Do Not Buy from Kurt At Dr911.CA - You will be scammed

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2021, 02:55 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,018 Likes on 724 Posts

Originally Posted by buddalun
RL members:

Kurt of Dr. 911 CA is an absolute crook. This is not hyperbole, he has literally served time in Canadian prison for scamming people (mostly in the enthusiast car world). A quick google search will show the various last names that he has used over the years. Complete trash.
Indeed. Kurt is a well-documented criminal.
Is there no equivalence in Canada to the "three strikes law" we have in the US? As I understand it, it applies mostly to violent felony convictions but can be applied to lesser offenses as well. Don't know how many times he's been caught doing what he's doing or how his crimes are classified but he's clearly a repeat offender who could face life in prison in the US depending on the circumstances. Seems almost a certainty that he'll be back scamming more people each time he's done serving what appears to be rather short terms behind bars.

Twenty-eight states have some form of a "three-strikes" law. A person accused under such laws is referred to in a few states (notably Connecticut and Kansas) as a "persistent offender", while Missouri uses the unique term "prior and persistent offender". In most jurisdictions, only crimes at the felony level qualify as serious offenses; however, misdemeanor and wobbler offenses can qualify for application of the three-strikes law in California,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-strikes_law

Old 05-29-2021, 11:39 AM
buddalun
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by sandwedge
Is there no equivalence in Canada to the "three strikes law" we have in the US? As I understand it, it applies mostly to violent felony convictions but can be applied to lesser offenses as well. Don't know how many times he's been caught doing what he's doing or how his crimes are classified but he's clearly a repeat offender who could face life in prison in the US depending on the circumstances. Seems almost a certainty that he'll be back scamming more people each time he's done serving what appears to be rather short terms behind bars.
One way or another this slippery snake seems to find himself back in business. As far as I can tell, his sales from Dr. 911CA are significant. In essence he’s being rewarded for his bad behavior - his eBay business alone is sizeable.
Old 05-30-2021, 01:10 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

One way or another this slippery snake seems to find himself back in business. As far as I can tell, his sales from Dr. 911CA are significant. In essence he’s being rewarded for his bad behavior - his eBay business alone is sizeable.
Unreal.
Old 05-31-2021, 12:51 AM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,776 Likes on 2,839 Posts

POS Kurt is still scamming like crazy. I just read thru his 32 negative feedbacks on Ebay this year alone and whats so obvious is most all negative feedback are expensive items that he doesn't ship.
Instead this dirtbag ships the buyer a cheap key chain so he can fulfill the shipment tracking number and not send the expensive part purchased - Several buyers who left negative feedback got the cheap key chain.
Once a scumbag always a scumbag POS.

Last edited by groovzilla; 05-31-2021 at 12:52 AM.
Old 05-31-2021, 01:58 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by groovzilla
POS Kurt is still scamming like crazy. I just read thru his 32 negative feedbacks on Ebay this year alone and whats so obvious is most all negative feedback are expensive items that he doesn't ship.
Instead this dirtbag ships the buyer a cheap key chain so he can fulfill the shipment tracking number and not send the expensive part purchased - Several buyers who left negative feedback got the cheap key chain.
Once a scumbag always a scumbag POS.
Which begs the question: With that feedback record, why do people keep buying expensive items from him? I wouldn't buy a $2 screwdriver from this sleazebag. I'm also wondering why given his feedback record which has to at least border on fraud, Ebay allows him to keep his account active allowing him to keep scamming people with expensive merchandise that's not being delivered.
Old 06-01-2021, 03:28 PM
wildcat077
Drifting

Received 193 Likes on 166 Posts

Ebay and Paypal are the same company ... all they want is a piece of the sale , they couldn’t care less about the outcome ...
I got screwed twice on something i purchased on Ebay , and last August i got screwed again by a scumbag on Pelican by the name of Gunter356 for a roll cage. This guy runs a used Porsche 356 parts store on Ebay, so because of the profit they make on his sales Paypal ruled in his favour.

Although it’s hard to believe this Kurt guy is still walking on his two feet after scamming all those people , somebody will catch
up to him eventually and take care of him !
Old 06-01-2021, 03:48 PM
PowderJunkie
Rennlist Member

Received 233 Likes on 161 Posts

I keep a google doc with future plans/ builds / wish list items etc. Just added to the top in all caps DO NOT BUY FROM KURT DR.911CA ON EBAY. Thanks for the heads up all!!
Old 06-02-2021, 03:20 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by wildcat077
Ebay and Paypal are the same company ... all they want is a piece of the sale , they couldn’t care less about the outcome ...
I got screwed twice on something i purchased on Ebay , and last August i got screwed again by a scumbag on Pelican by the name of Gunter356 for a roll cage. This guy runs a used Porsche 356 parts store on Ebay, so because of the profit they make on his sales Paypal ruled in his favour.

Although it’s hard to believe this Kurt guy is still walking on his two feet after scamming all those people , somebody will catch
up to him eventually and take care of him
!
Understood and no doubt that both Ebay and Paypal care more about profit than customer's financial's security and overall satisfaction. Allowing a seller who repeatedly fails to deliver what he/she sells and have been paid for equals fraud and or theft in my opinion. I'm not a lawyer but I don't know how else to look at it.

And doesn't allowing a seller with 32 negative feedbacks on costly items not being delivered or being substituted with cheap garbage amount to some kind of violation of Ebay terms of user agreement? And with Ebay taking no action, I don't understand how Ebay shouldn't be considered an accomplice to this scammer. But then, maybe it falls on the buyers who ignore the horrible feedback and still keep buying expensive stuff from this seller.

I'm sure it would take at least an hour to read through Ebay's entire "terms of agreement" and I'm not into that so just speculating here.
Old 06-02-2021, 04:25 AM
Vince Vincent
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 60 Posts

I don't want to get into worm holes here but this blows my mind that people are in prison for far less crimes (marijuana) that harm no one else, while this guy is intentionally, maliciously ripping people off, operating shady businesses with multiple alias, with a well documented history of crime.. and is basically free, while being able to keep conducting business. I have no dealings with this person (thankfully) but the thought of paying someone else's bills/hobby funds to such a scumbag drives me crazy. Especially when its hard earned honest money we earn daily, discuss with our family, get excited for a package in the mail and turns out the guy is out there living a lavish lifestyle with your payment, sends you a key chain (or whatever) and calls it a day.
The following users liked this post:
ATX_Native (05-18-2022)
Old 06-02-2021, 09:42 AM
Jaws1
Rennlist Member

Received 291 Likes on 153 Posts

How many of his victims have taken the time to file a police report?
Old 07-19-2021, 09:02 PM
VGP
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by wildcat077

up to him eventually and take care of him !
They are not the same company .. anymore
Old 01-03-2022, 03:04 PM
PugNut
AutoX

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The first time I ordered from DR911, everything went smoothly. So I ordered a second time, and it went off the rails. My order wasn't shipped and I wasn't getting any replies, so I assumed I would have to make a credit card claim, but then I found this thread. From my understanding this is a one man operation, so I decided to spam him with enough phone calls and emails to possibly make a dent in his work flow, or at least be a nuisance. Suddenly I was getting some replies (excuses of course) and I eventually received my order after nearly 2 months. Now admittedly my order was not of much value, so I can't say this will work for everyone, and I know most of us are too busy for that kind of game (which I'm sure he's counting on), but it's worth a shot.

I also told a buddy of mine in Calgary to spread the word locally, so I'm hoping at least a few people manage to avoid business with him.

Good luck.
Old 01-08-2022, 08:17 AM
notfastenough
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Sir Turd

https://www.early911sregistry.org/forums/showthread.php?100217-1973-Porsche-911-T-Paid-for-but-not-received-from-an-EarlySReg-Member&highlight=Kurt

Last edited by notfastenough; 01-08-2022 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-18-2022, 03:04 PM
TIPTOPDK
4th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do not buy from Kurt at Dr911.CA

They will send you a wrong part, then you have 14 days to return it with "RMA". Then they don't send an RMA and they want you to ship it back without RMA and change you 25% restocking fee. If you dispute the change with your credit card, they will ignore them and you end up paying for the part that you didn't want.

They are a big FRAUD
The following users liked this post:
Robocop305 (05-18-2022)
Old 07-22-2022, 08:36 AM
944douche
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default THIEF!

So I'm new to the 944 world, of course, I research everything before buying, except this time...
bought a window regulator, took over two weeks to come, found one way cheaper elsewhere, by the time it finally came I tried to return it, gave me the runaround, I sent it back to the exact address on website, didn't hear from him for a bit, I finally reached out with pics of tracking info, he said he never got it and can't find it
I have the exact time and place it was dropped off! Not sure if I can do anything, this seems so crazy!
plan to file some complaints

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy from Kurt At Dr911.CA - You will be scammed