Sponsored by:

Do Not Buy from Kurt At Dr911.CA - You will be scammed

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2022, 07:09 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Wished I would have seen this thread before ordering… only a small key ring from his eBay store.
Got a key ring, not sure if it is an original Porsche one, but certainly in yellow as I had ordered! See below for comparison of the color with a true yellow color (looks more tan to me), and now that I am inspecting this key ring more closely, something feels off anyway: crest is larger than I have seen online (even as posted on this scammer’s website), and not perfectly centered.

Anyhow, live and learn. Thankfully this lesson only cost me thirty bucks…
Definitely China knock-offs, Genuine Porsche ones come in the box and are Made in Germany. The issue is that criminal Kurt advertises them as "Genuine", if you complain he will tell you he gets his parts from Bellingham Porsche and more than likely will threaten you. Best thing you can do is leave him negative on eBay and write a short negative review for Bellingham Porsche on Google saying their parts dealer dr911 sells counterfeit items. The more complaints they get about him that destroys their image the sooner they will cut him loose which will put him out of business.

Sorry you got scammed!
Old 12-20-2022, 07:39 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Has anyone contacted Porsche Bellingham regarding Kurt the thief??
My Indy shop Akers Porsche near my house in Seattle is owned by Denny Aker who is good friends with Roger Jobs owner of Porsche Bellingham.
I'd be more than happy to contact them if it hasn't been done yet.
One of the forum members who lost quite a bit of money to Kurt which wasn't recovered talked to them. But they don't seem to take it that seriously because the parts manager is happy to make money selling parts to Kurt. That's how much Porsche apparently cares about their customers. Unless the parts manager himself is involved in the scam and is getting some kick backs. The more calls, emails and complaints they get about Kurt the sooner they will realize this guy is going to bring them down so if anyone can contact them and complain that would be awesome.
Old 12-20-2022, 10:14 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 295 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by GTTROIS
Wished I would have seen this thread before ordering… only a small key ring from his eBay store.
Got a key ring, not sure if it is an original Porsche one, but certainly in yellow as I had ordered! See below for comparison of the color with a true yellow color (looks more tan to me), and now that I am inspecting this key ring more closely, something feels off anyway: crest is larger than I have seen online (even as posted on this scammer’s website), and not perfectly centered. Dealer cost on these "crest" keychains is now around $29.00

Anyhow, live and learn. Thankfully this lesson only cost me thirty bucks…
The last picture is one I took.. What a scumbag!

That's not a Genuine Porsche keychain. The Genuine units come in small gray or black Porsche boxes, we have never seen one bagged like that. Also notice the stitching and width of the leather.

rennpart.com | Phone: 336-793-2134 |Email: ace@rennpart.com

Instagram | Facebook

Last edited by RennPart; 12-20-2022 at 10:18 PM.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:18 AM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeman
Definitely China knock-offs, Genuine Porsche ones come in the box and are Made in Germany. The issue is that criminal Kurt advertises them as "Genuine", if you complain he will tell you he gets his parts from Bellingham Porsche and more than likely will threaten you. Best thing you can do is leave him negative on eBay and write a short negative review for Bellingham Porsche on Google saying their parts dealer dr911 sells counterfeit items. The more complaints they get about him that destroys their image the sooner they will cut him loose which will put him out of business.

Sorry you got scammed!
Originally Posted by RennPart
The last picture is one I took.. What a scumbag!

That's not a Genuine Porsche keychain. The Genuine units come in small gray or black Porsche boxes, we have never seen one bagged like that. Also notice the stitching and width of the leather.
Thank you for the kind words, but just to be clear, the key ring did come in a small grey box. See below first two pics.

What I find odd is that the WAP code seems to be for a red key ring, and overall, the box is a bit different than previous ones I had purchased from Porsche directly (see below pics):

Also, on the OEM packaging, there is printing on the inside flap of the grey box:

All in all, not sure if there different versions of the packaging or not, but you can also note that the “expiration date” is labeled as “never” on the suspected counterfeit while it “unlimited” on the OEM ones.

At the end of the day, my primary issue is that the key ring is not yellow in color as I did order it. Upon further inspection, it seems that the crest is larger than the red OEM one, and is not properly centered on the key ring. Other than that, the quality is somewhat decent, and in fact, the leather quality is somewhat better.

As I said, live and learn…

Last edited by GTTROIS; 12-21-2022 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-21-2022, 11:25 AM
rileyracing1
Three Wheelin'

Received 389 Likes on 276 Posts

The box is a "Gina" knock off for sure. Lucky you only bought a key chain .......There have been multiple negative threads on this seller over the years ...STAY AWAY ..
Old 12-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

A friend of mine got scammed with the same item on eBay and send Kurt an email, he actually went to his supposedly "US warehouse location" as he calls it on his website and this is what the dr911 warehouse looks like he emailed me the pics:

Kurt Pomerleau / dr911.ca US headquarters

Kurt Pomerleau / dr911.ca US headquarters

In case you want to meet a famous criminal face to face his US warehouse location is:
USPS
315 Prospect St
Unit 6110
BELLINGHAM WA

Old 12-21-2022, 12:31 PM
paddlefoot64
Pro

Received 189 Likes on 134 Posts

Is the caricature on his business card supposed to be his mother? Looks like a rip off of a Ed “Big Daddy” Roth caricature!
Old 12-21-2022, 01:21 PM
workhurts
Three Wheelin'

Received 292 Likes on 173 Posts

You'd think with all the scamming that his ebay feedback would reflect that. It doesn't.

The font on the back of that box you got from him is all over the place. Looks like something my printer would spit out when alignment is off. The 'yellow' key ring looks like pleather whereas the red one looks like leather.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:31 PM
Axeman
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by workhurts
You'd think with all the scamming that his ebay feedback would reflect that. It doesn't.

The font on the back of that box you got from him is all over the place. Looks like something my printer would spit out when alignment is off. The 'yellow' key ring looks like pleather whereas the red one looks like leather.
He pays customers to remove negative feedbacks we watch all his eBay transactions I think one time he had 26 negatives removed in like 3 days saw them posted and his feedback went to 97%. Within hours they all changed their feedbacks to positive. If he would get let's say 100 negatives he would not even show up in the searches and sales would go down to zero.
Old 12-21-2022, 01:40 PM
GTTROIS
Racer

Received 277 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by workhurts

And now that I am even paying closer attention… the counterfeit one doesn’t say “Porsche Driver’s Selection” but “Porsche Oriver’s Selection”. What a mess!!
The following 2 users liked this post by GTTROIS:
Axeman (12-21-2022), Qtrfoil (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 09:20 PM
RennPart
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 295 Likes on 138 Posts

I'd see what happens if you leave negative feedback.

A lot of people that don't know that sellers can NOT leave negative feedback for buyers so I'd fire away!

He used to have TONS of negative and neutral feedback, but I noticed in the past year he doesn't have as much. In my experience getting negative feedback on eBay just happens sometimes- I do everything I can to avoid it but there's always that one person who just never responds.

As a seller, you used to be able to call eBay and have a negative feedback removed if you proved that you offered a return or refund- however since Covid that is no longer possible.
Old 12-22-2022, 12:55 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,471 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Axeman
He pays customers to remove negative feedbacks we watch all his eBay transactions I think one time he had 26 negatives removed in like 3 days saw them posted and his feedback went to 97%. Within hours they all changed their feedbacks to positive. If he would get let's say 100 negatives he would not even show up in the searches and sales would go down to zero.
Axeman you are like Captain Ahab and Inspector Javert combined! Thanks for keeping after this guy.
Old 12-22-2022, 01:28 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,489 Likes on 2,738 Posts

So I had a long talk with my Friend Mark Aker - He and his dad own Aker's Porsche and are friends with the owner of Porsche Bellingham. Aker's only 5 blocks from my house and one of the best Porsche shops on west coast.
Mark knows the Porsche Bellingham parts manager very well.
I explained to Mark whats going on with Kurt and his continued scamming. That Kurt claims the parts he sells are purchased from Porsche Bellingham and either he 1. does not follow thru with the sale and buyer gets ripped off or 2. he is selling counterfeit parts like the key rings with silly lopsided crests that he sells as genuine.
Mark said he would certainly speak to the manager at PB. I will follow up with Mark to make sure this gets done I just sent Mark a detailed email with links to lots of Kurts scam history and photos of the counterfeit key rings.

Here's an article from the Kelona BC news outlet about Kurt in case anyone hasn't read it:
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/kelowna-...harges/it30778

Last edited by groovzilla; 12-22-2022 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 02:03 PM
PV997
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,471 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by groovzilla
Here's an article from the Kelona BC news outlet about Kurt in case anyone hasn't read it:
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/kelowna-...harges/it30778
Surprised to read in that 2016 article he was 52 and his mom 81 back then, that would make him 58 today and his mom 87!! Good grief, I thought this guy was young and stupid, with a stereotypical "he's really a good boy" mom. Not a dumpy, old-fart grifter. What a waste of skin.

Last edited by PV997; 12-22-2022 at 02:06 PM.
Old 12-22-2022, 03:19 PM
groovzilla
Rennlist Member

Received 4,489 Likes on 2,738 Posts

Originally Posted by PV997
Surprised to read in that 2016 article he was 52 and his mom 81 back then, that would make him 58 today and his mom 87!! Good grief, I thought this guy was young and stupid, with a stereotypical "he's really a good boy" mom. Not a dumpy, old-fart grifter. What a waste of skin.
Kurt ---> A Genuine Piece of Sh:t

The following users liked this post:
Axeman (12-22-2022)

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy from Kurt At Dr911.CA - You will be scammed