Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

997.2 GTS for sale

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2018 | 12:34 PM
Martin S.
Rennlist Member

Default 997.2 GTS for sale

I damn near bought this beauty***, details for be found on the smithvolvo.com web site. It's a Carrara White 2011 or 12? Carrara White GT3 PDK with every option under the sun including knock off wheels, aero lit and 13,000 miles. If you email the owner of the Volvo dealership Brent Smith (smithvolvo@aol.com), a true Porsche Geek, talks the talk and walks the walk, tell him Marty referred you.

***Just couldn't part with my Carrara White 2004 GT3.
Old 11-22-2018 | 12:55 PM
blakecam
Pro

https://www.smithvolvo.com/used/Pors...d9f9f4cae0.htm
Old 11-22-2018 | 01:08 PM
kisik
Rennlist Member

Not sure why you guys so obsessed with these GTSs. Not much different on the track and especially on streets. For $79k I can get 997.1 GT3 all day long and install rear seats if you need cary a child. Program your PASM with DSC module and enjoy commute if needed. Just my humble opinion with respect to others.
Old 11-22-2018 | 02:23 PM
hexagone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by kisik
Not sure why you guys so obsessed with these GTSs. Not much different on the track and especially on streets. For $79k I can get 997.1 GT3 all day long and install rear seats if you need cary a child. Program your PASM with DSC module and enjoy commute if needed. Just my humble opinion with respect to others.
Yup.

And the 997.2S is 95% of the car at 60% of the price. "wide body, rwd" blah blah blah.
Old 11-22-2018 | 02:35 PM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

I fall into the "you'd be insane to pay $8x,xxx for a GTS when you could buy a GT3 for the same money" camp, but to be fair I don't think GTS buyers can handle something as raw as the GT3.

With that said, I fully agree that the C2S is the way to go in terms of value, especially compared to the GTS. Don't get me wrong, I love the hips on the GTS but not enough to pay $30k+ for them.
Old 11-22-2018 | 04:04 PM
thxbuff2001
Drifting

A GTS will cater to a different segment. A GT3 is different from a GTS.

It can give you enjoyment like a GT3 and has 4 seats. or close. Its actually cheaper than a 2.GT3.

When you go to GT cars, its difficult if you have kids.
I have not seen someone adding a rear seat on a GT3 but i heard there are insurance liability issues in accidents. Definitely not worth for my kids.

Old 11-22-2018 | 04:16 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

wide body vs narrow body is a mere 1.5" in width. I might be in the minority, but visually the narrow body looks plenty wide to me and looks just right. Not a fan of the big *** wide body and that goes with the form factor in human anatomy.....just my own preference:...:>)

Last edited by HenryPcar; 11-22-2018 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-22-2018 | 04:48 PM
nwGTS
Rennlist Member

GTS is not worth the upgrade from an S if you focus on one aspect. It's the sum of the parts. Actual GT cars are a different animal. Regarding installing rear seats...only the .1 has the plates on the tub to mount seat attachment points. You have to weld them to a .2. The four major insurance companies I spoke to would not insure the car for the street if I turned a 2 seater into a 2+2. That's why I bought a GTS.
Old 11-22-2018 | 05:00 PM
golfnutintib
Rennlist Member

real gt3 for the win
Old 11-22-2018 | 07:34 PM
J_D
Instructor

GT3 great car.......not a DD no matter what you say........haters going to hate. You don't see the value the in a GTS.......don't buy one, that's all. If it makes you feel good talking value, great.....and your entitled to your opinion.

Personally, I could care less about value, or the cash, or what its worth, it's just a car in the end, nothing more.......but I enjoy my GTS, whether anyone else likes it, or not! By all means, make yourselves feel smarter and better though. Happy Thanksgiving!!
Old 11-22-2018 | 09:29 PM
ThomasCarreraGTS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by J_D
GT3 great car.......not a DD no matter what you say........haters going to hate. You don't see the value the in a GTS.......don't buy one, that's all. If it makes you feel good talking value, great.....and your entitled to your opinion.

Personally, I could care less about value, or the cash, or what its worth, it's just a car in the end, nothing more.......but I enjoy my GTS, whether anyone else likes it, or not! By all means, make yourselves feel smarter and better though. Happy Thanksgiving!!

It’s so predictable. Every time another media source ranks the GTS as a top 911, or a forum member talks about one, the guys with the older, less powerful and less special models feels the need to justify their model and tell us why everyone else is wrong. Hey, they only made just over 2,000 for the entire global market, so it’s totally fine that they prefer their other models! The GTS is a special 911 and deserves to owned by people who appreciate why it is so highly acclaimed, sought after and priced! Those who don’t get it will be very happy with their standard 911’s
Old 11-23-2018 | 03:23 AM
sandwedge
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by WantA997;15448690[b
]I fall into the "you'd be insane to pay $8x,xxx for a GTS when you could buy a GT3 for the same money" camp, but to be fair I don't think GTS buyers can handle something as raw as the GT3.

With that said, I fully agree that the C2S is the way to go in terms of value, especially compared to the GTS. Don't get me wrong, I love the hips on the GTS but not enough to pay $30k+ for them.
I have plenty to say about that rather arrogant assessment as I'm sure others have as well but will leave it alone. And why take Rennlist poster's opinion's about the GTS as some kind of an absolute evaluation of the car? There must have been dozens of articles in all of the most respected car magazines written about why the GTS was such a great edition All the reviews I've read agree that it was a "rare value" which is a word not usually associated with the brand. A simple Google search will bring these stories up. Please show us one credible source pointing to the .2 C2S as a better value than the GTS to back up your argument. I really don't care either way. Just curious what you base your argument on which flies in the face of everything else I've read on the subject.
Old 11-23-2018 | 03:24 AM
pilfer
Racer

Can you really get a 997.1 GT3 for 80k?? I thought they were low 100’s and climbing. The GTS spoke to me so I bought it, the rarity is cool also in my opinion.
Old 11-23-2018 | 03:37 AM
WantA997
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by sandwedge
I have plenty to say about that rather arrogant assessment as I'm sure others have as well but will leave it alone. And why take Rennlist poster's opinion's about the GTS as some kind of an absolute evaluation of the car? There must have been dozens of articles in all of the most respected car magazines written about why the GTS was such a great edition All the reviews I've read agree that it was a "rare value" which is a word not usually associated with the brand. A simple Google search will bring these stories up. Please show us one credible source pointing to the .2 C2S as a better value than the GTS to back up your argument. I really don't care either way. Just curious what you base your argument on which flies in the face of everything else I've read on the subject.
Nothing arrogant about it. It takes a special kind of person to tolerate the GT3, and even after 10,000kms I don't even think I'm that kind of person. The point was to say that despite people inevitably comparing them due to price point, I don't think anyone is really cross-shopping them. A GTS buyer and a GT3 buyer are two completely different people. But do you notice how I say "I think..", as to say this is entirely my opinion. Whether or not you disagree is entirely your prerogative, and I respect your opinion regardless or whether or not you disagree.

And yes, the GTS was a great value new, given the sum of its parts far exceeded its incremental cost over the C2S. Pre-owned, however, the price delta between the two cars continues to widen and the further it widens, the smaller the GTS value proposition becomes.

FWIW, I think the GTS is a great car. I regard it as the most beautiful/elegant 997. In fact, a week before I traded in my C2S for a GT3, I put a deposit down on a GTS. Ultimately, I decided it was too much of a lateral move and passed on the car. As is the case with all 911s, there's a flavour for everyone. You spoke with your wallet, and so did I
Old 11-23-2018 | 09:17 AM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Jeez guys, and what oil do you use?

What silly arguments.

Quick Reply: 997.2 GTS for sale