Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2022, 10:25 AM
cbredesen
Rennlist Member

Received 225 Likes on 145 Posts
Default Does the Enfig MIC-POR1 fit 997.2 also?

Originally Posted by emmed1
I didn’t want to have an intrusive microphone so I ordered the Enfig Car stereo MIC-POR1 which plugs directly into the factory microphone slot inside the steering column.
Love this solution. Anyone know if it also fits 997.2? I have the NM automotive PCM CarPlay unit and this mic will make a nice upgrade to the way it's currently hanging from up near my visor...

edit: also contacted Enfig, let's see what he says
Old 05-01-2022, 06:30 AM
Zimbalo
Intermediate

Received 24 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by onnastick
Thanks for checking. Unfortunately no. I can't seem to find that information... how does one remove or at least lower the interior trim that is under the steering wheel area? That is where the Mr12volt (or whatever variety this one is) was put by the PO and where I'd need to run the mic cable to if I am to purchase the Enfig microphone mentioned above.
Do it this way
Old 05-01-2022, 11:54 AM
onnastick
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Zimbalo
Do it this way
Thank you for the reply. Yes I have seen that video and I have gotten in there (see the photos I posted earlier). What I'm asking is how to get under the trim that is below the steering column. That is where the PO installed the Mr12Volt (or similar) BT module; see the circled area, this is where someone put the module in my vehicle.

Old 05-01-2022, 12:29 PM
Zimbalo
Intermediate

OK, I didn't understand
Old 05-01-2022, 10:07 PM
plantman77
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was going to pull the trigger on this. But my car is a CDR24 w/ Bose. Looks like it will only work with a CD changer equipped.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? Figured I could just use PIWIS to program a CD changer but it doesn't seem that way.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:58 PM
8KaboveMSL
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 179 Posts

Originally Posted by onnastick
Thank you for the reply. Yes I have seen that video and I have gotten in there (see the photos I posted earlier). What I'm asking is how to get under the trim that is below the steering column. That is where the PO installed the Mr12Volt (or similar) BT module; see the circled area, this is where someone put the module in my vehicle.
I am confused as well.

I looked in my 997.1 earlier today and found that there are 3 torx screws (like this one below) right above the pedals that allows you to remove the trim panel that sits above the pedals.

The area where your red circle is would not fit the MR12Volt. So I am guessing the PO installed above the trim and ran the wires though the steering column. A lot of us installed the MR12Volt above the similar panel on the passenger side. I think folks are confused because the unit would not fit in the area you think it is installed.

hope this helps.

Old 05-01-2022, 11:06 PM
onnastick
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 8KaboveMSL
I am confused as well.

I looked in my 997.1 earlier today and found that there are 3 torx screws (like this one below) right above the pedals that allows you to remove the trim panel that sits above the pedals.

The area where your red circle is would not fit the MR12Volt. So I am guessing the PO installed above the trim and ran the wires though the steering column. A lot of us installed the MR12Volt above the similar panel on the passenger side. I think folks are confused because the unit would not fit in the area you think it is installed.

hope this helps.
Sorry, I was being lazy.and just took a screen shot from the Enfig youtube video. It's not the best angle so perhaps where I was trying to indicate by circling was misleading... I'll be happy to take a photo of the location of the Mr12Volt in my vehicle and post it. I can assure you it is under the steering column and to get to the wiring I will need to remove the trim.
Old 05-02-2022, 05:53 PM
tlippold
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Just bought Mr12volt and am planning my installation. Since I have the CD changer in the Frunk that seemed like an ideal spot. However I am not sure I want to run the microphone through the grommets in the firewall and risk any water intrusion. Most videos show it installed behind the PCM and taped into the 12 volt power socket. Only downside seems to be space and access to usb/sd card. For those of you that have installed this what method did you use?
Old 05-02-2022, 07:25 PM
gbakerge
Racer

Received 129 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by tlippold
Just bought Mr12volt and am planning my installation. Since I have the CD changer in the Frunk that seemed like an ideal spot. However I am not sure I want to run the microphone through the grommets in the firewall and risk any water intrusion. Most videos show it installed behind the PCM and taped into the 12 volt power socket. Only downside seems to be space and access to usb/sd card. For those of you that have installed this what method did you use?
You can use a wireless mic, see my old post in this thread, #254
Old 05-02-2022, 07:33 PM
tlippold
Instructor

Originally Posted by gbakerge
You can use a wireless mic, see my old post in this thread, #254
thanks. I saw your info in the thread. Not a fan of having to charge the wireless mic. I bought the enfig mic that installs in the steering wheel.
Old 05-03-2022, 02:20 AM
Zimbalo
Intermediate

I use Dension Gateway 500S BT but it is the same.
Given that I have OEM Phone module, I tested microphone Gateway as recommended by Enfig but the call quality is poor.
So I did this: I deactivated the phone use on Gateway, I bought a new SIM and inserted it in the OEM Phone module.
Entering the car I activate call forwarding on iPhone SIM (having a flat rate plan on the main SIM does not cost me anything) and that's it. With 10 euros I solved and the quality of the call is excellent.

P.S. I also created an iPhone shortcut: when bluetooth connects with Gateway, call forwarding is automatically activated. Perfect.

Last edited by Zimbalo; 05-03-2022 at 06:20 AM.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:17 PM
anthonyk
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

I just got done with my install of the Rennkit BTR-3 (with MR12Volt sticker on the back) about an hour ago, in my 2006 C2 Cabrio PCM 2.1 with nav and CD changer, but without Bose package. I looped the CD changer optical connection, and pulled the fuse in the changer for good measure. For the bluetooth module, I velcro'd the it to the carpet behind the PCM, tapped into the passenger footwell power socket, and grounded it to the metal braces for the PCM. My microphone is perched up by the gauges, with the wire running into the dash trim and back to the module. I don't plan on using either the USB or the SD card, but I can get to them easily from the passenger footwell if I decide to.

I don't have any long-term experience with it, but for what it's worth, my installation was super easy. With the updated optical connections that are idiot-me-proof, connections were a snap. Everything worked right away, except I couldn't hear the caller on a test phone call. Hopefully that one is easy to sort out later today.
The following 2 users liked this post by anthonyk:
RennKit-Dave (06-22-2022), tlippold (05-04-2022)
Old 05-04-2022, 12:25 PM
tlippold
Instructor

Originally Posted by anthonyk
I just got done with my install of the Rennkit BTR-3 (with MR12Volt sticker on the back) about an hour ago, in my 2006 C2 Cabrio PCM 2.1 with nav and CD changer, but without Bose package. I looped the CD changer optical connection, and pulled the fuse in the changer for good measure. For the bluetooth module, I velcro'd the it to the carpet behind the PCM, tapped into the passenger footwell power socket, and grounded it to the metal braces for the PCM. My microphone is perched up by the gauges, with the wire running into the dash trim and back to the module. I don't plan on using either the USB or the SD card, but I can get to them easily from the passenger footwell if I decide to.

I don't have any long-term experience with it, but for what it's worth, my installation was super easy. With the updated optical connections that are idiot-me-proof, connections were a snap. Everything worked right away, except I couldn't hear the caller on a test phone call. Hopefully that one is easy to sort out later today.
thanks for the feedback. For your phone issue, make sure your phone volume is turned up all the way.
Old 05-04-2022, 12:48 PM
anthonyk
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

thanks for the feedback. For your phone issue, make sure your phone volume is turned up all the way.
Ha, yep. I forgot the bluetooth music playing and calling have separate volume settings. Turned it up, and all is good. Thanks!
Old 05-07-2022, 06:49 PM
gcthree
Burning Brakes

Location: Williamsburg, Virginia by way of Garden City, New York
Received 116 Likes on 37 Posts

Just finished the installation of the RennKit version of the LA Power/Mr 12 Volt unit. Works great....except, how do you accept an incoming phone call other than accepting on your iPhone?? Will on of the PCM buttons accept the call?

Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
RennKit-Dave (05-08-2022)

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?