Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2022, 12:58 PM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

I'll have to check this ... I'm getting this now. I'll Check this I have an appointment at the DEALER Monday, if this is all there is to it ... I'll let the system power up longer before starting the engine. I'll let you know if it works for me.

Old 08-19-2022, 01:04 PM
sburke91
Rennlist Member

Received 150 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by JABowders
I'll have to check this ... I'm getting this now. I'll Check this I have an appointment at the DEALER Monday, if this is all there is to it ... I'll let the system power up longer before starting the engine. I'll let you know if it works for me.
I think this may be why the installation instructions specify connecting the Mr12v unit to a continuous 12v source, rather than a switched one. Is yours on a continuous source, or something on the accessory circuit that only comes on when the ignition is switched on?

I know when I did the installation of mine, I tried a switched source first and it wasn't coming up on the MOST loop. I just swapped it to a continuous power source, but now I wonder if I was experiencing the same thing you are.
Old 08-19-2022, 02:00 PM
anthonyk
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
We have a customer with the BTR-3 installed and is using an iPhone to pair. This is a CDR2 in a 2008 Cayenne with no phone module. When he makes or receives calls from his paired iPhone, the system stops streaming music, but then the caller cannot hear a voice and the caller's voice does not come through the speaker. It worked fine when he first installed the BTR-3. He bought and tried a 2nd mic, same issue. Could there be a setting on the iPhone that is trying to connect automatically to something else like Airpods? I am not an iPhone owner, so have not experienced this.
Did y’all ever figure this out? I’m pretty sure this is still happening to me. I haven’t tried a call in a while since it started happening. I suspect an update to the iPhone OS might be causing it.
Old 08-19-2022, 04:40 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by anthonyk
Did y’all ever figure this out? I’m pretty sure this is still happening to me. I haven’t tried a call in a while since it started happening. I suspect an update to the iPhone OS might be causing it.
actually, this post was our last resort to learn something, since such a rare occurrence.
http://rennkit.com/
  • Patented eRam Kit™ for 996/997 Turbo & Carrera GT wings
  • Cal*Cool™ - brake cooling 996/997 / Bluetooth Retrofit Kit™ for 1998-2011 cars / Wing Extenders™ 987 Cayman / 997 Turbo
  • AUTO-BLiP for MT / Function F1RST Shift ***** / Girodisc 2-piece rotors / OS Giken LSD / Phenix suspension / Zunsport grills / 997/987 switches/PCM ***** / Border Coilovers
Old 08-19-2022, 06:45 PM
anthonyk
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by RennKit-Dave
actually, this post was our last resort to learn something, since such a rare occurrence.
I’ll do some checking this weekend to see if it’s still happening.
Old 08-28-2022, 10:57 PM
nydog
Instructor

Received 152 Likes on 85 Posts
Default Enfig microphone performance

I just installed a mr12volt module to replace my moBridge. I like the stealth approach to the enfig mic that installs in the factory mic location. For those that have the enfig installed, how's the voice quality?
The following users liked this post:
Stazza (08-29-2022)
Old 08-29-2022, 04:24 AM
Stazza
7th Gear

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Enfig Microphone Performance

I used the original mic that came with the LAPower unit for a couple years. I mounted the original mic just to the left of the rear view mirror.

i replaced the mic with the Enfig one (mainly to hide the wire/mic), but before I installed the new mic I bench tested the two mics. In brief, The Enfig mic was fuller/warmer, with more gain, and a higher S/N ratio.

Ive not had any complaints with sound quality while talking on the new mic, in the new OEM placement. It works as well and maybe better than before, and there are no visible wires or mics.
Old 12-16-2022, 05:02 PM
RZau
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Default What Four Switches

[QUOTE=The_Ruski_Driver;17577005]Fixed it. The 4 switches on the back were in the wrong place.

I LOVE this thing!!!![/QUOTEI know this is an old post but are you referring to a rennkit?
thank you,Rob PS I had mine installed
Old 12-18-2022, 06:35 PM
JABowders
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by JABowders
Just to close the loop (if I haven't done it) turns out I had a few bad connections, once that was sorted all the power up issues are resolved.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:50 AM
gdonn7
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Skypalace
FYI I had my unit for a while but finally installed. Great instructions. That should be a pinned link, perhaps in/from the first post, along with the updates w/ the new MOST harness as instructions still have the old harness. The only problem was that I had no MOST, I unplugged and replugged all the connectors and it started working.

I did have noticeable alternator whine upon initial install. I did two things, one (or both) of which fully solved the whine - no hint now, even w/ radio cranked on null input.
1) Moved the LAPower ground wire from the 12v cig lighter brown negative wire, to a separate ground. I used a screw holding a trim piece, see pic.
2) Twisted the LApower red and black (neg and power) leads together along their length.

Did you just wrap the wire around the screw or something? Doesn’t look like you used a ring terminal. I’m trying to get rid of alternator whine sound that started about a week ago. I’m using a Mr. 12Volt

Last edited by gdonn7; 01-24-2024 at 12:52 AM.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:20 AM
qikqbn
Rennlist Member

Received 540 Likes on 298 Posts

Originally Posted by gdonn7
Did you just wrap the wire around the screw or something? Doesn’t look like you used a ring terminal. I’m trying to get rid of alternator whine sound that started about a week ago. I’m using a Mr. 12Volt

As long as it is connecting that metal for the ground. . I attached one of those Y fork looking connectors to the end of my wire and just slid it between the metal and screw. Wrapping the wire around would work too.
Old 01-24-2024, 01:22 AM
gdonn7
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by qikqbn
As long as it is connecting that metal for the ground. . I attached one of those Y fork looking connectors to the end of my wire and just slid it between the metal and screw. Wrapping the wire around would work too.
Ok cool, I was able to get a ring terminal under that trim part covering the hole, and the screw through the ring. Thanks
Old 01-29-2024, 07:17 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, I finally managed to get this thing working properly after being sent a replacement unit by David (thankyou), and having got my amputated finger and house move out of the way...
  1. Both of the female power connectors were dodgy out of the box. I had to strip one of the units out of its plastic housing and check with the main circuit board power lines while moving the power cable and clipping on a multimeter. By tweaking/pushing the connectors (the females) together I manged to get about 2 insertions before they spread and started to give problems again. I can imagine these are giving many people issues. these are tiny connectors and the metal seems weak.
  2. Secondly I also had to zip tie the optic plug into the case of the unit to stop it moving, unfortunately obscuring the usb port (which I don’t use).
I’ve now done a long drive without one dropout. Occasionally I am still getting crackle and static at low levels out of the speakers when I am not playing anything over that interface, but no more the complete PCM dropouts and popping and CD player cycling (as the power to the unit would go on and off with movement).

I suspect these dodgy power connectors are the cause of most issues.
Old 01-29-2024, 10:08 PM
RennKit-Dave
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 187 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by floatingkiwi
Well, I finally managed to get this thing working properly after being sent a replacement unit by David[size=33px].
[/size]

glad you got it sorted and happy we could assist! We have not heard of these issues with 100s of these units out there!
Old 01-31-2024, 04:27 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Well, a quick scan of this page alone shows 2 people with very similar issues, intermittancy being the big clue..
Your service to me at least has been great, lets not belittle that, but if there is a systemic issue here it'd be good to know about.

Last edited by floatingkiwi; 01-31-2024 at 04:29 PM.

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?