Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LAPower bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 08:01 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Yes I do have Bose amp , Navi, & I guess phone module.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:33 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BaileyII
Yes I do have Bose amp , Navi, & I guess phone module.
i have BOSE and nav, no phone module that i’m aware of, and NO cd changer...installation was straight forward without any programming required and no fault messages present on the PCM at startup
Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 PM
cwheeler
Rennlist Member

Received 382 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bmwfan328
i have BOSE and nav, no phone module that i’m aware of, and NO cd changer...installation was straight forward without any programming required and no fault messages present on the PCM at startup
Where did you loop it in?
Old 01-08-2019, 10:36 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

BMWfan328 where did you plug the fiber optic cable?
Old 01-08-2019, 11:21 PM
bmwfan328
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

BMWfan328 where did you plug the fiber optic cable?
I literally just watched and copied the instructions from the video posted earlier in this thread...it is the very last thing in the loop before going back into the PCM. then I Used double sided tape to mount the unit on top of another module located under the PCM.

EDIT: this is the video...disregard the commentary about the car in the video not having nav, he’s showing you how to connect the fiber optic as if the car does have nav.

Old 01-09-2019, 12:17 AM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

Gotcha. I will share this w/ the installer. I tried to show him this thread however he was not interested. Hopefully he will be on board w/ this video.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:16 PM
911URGE
Rennlist Member

Received 104 Likes on 56 Posts

Gotcha. I will share this w/ the installer. I tried to show him this thread however he was not interested. Hopefully he will be on board w/ this video.
I replied to your PM.

Get another installer if they wont do a little homework. Im sure another installer can knock this out in 2 hrs or less.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:39 PM
BaileyII
Rennlist Member

I’m in. Successful install!!! 05 C2S Navi, Bose, no CD Changer. Everything works as it should. I might still ask some questions about using it for phone calls later.

Old 01-13-2019, 04:22 AM
bbux
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone,
first sorry for my question, I'm sure the answer is somewhere in the 7 pages of the post but I didn't find it ...

I have a 997 S 2006 with PCM2.1 with Bose + Phone module + CD changer.
If I simply install the LaPower instead of the CD changer (basic installation without touching the PCM) I understand that I will be able to listen music with bluetooth A2DP but what will happened for phone call : like before installation I will be received call on the Phone Module of the PCM unit with the SIM card inserted or will they be some interferences/issues with the LaPower ? Also will I be also able to received call with the bluetooth module ?

Thanks for all.
Barnaby
Old 01-13-2019, 09:01 PM
HAAANK
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone figure out the alternator whine?
Old 01-21-2019, 11:44 AM
rickdogg82
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Easy install, plug and play except for the power taps. Hardest part is removing the PCM and figuring out where to mount/route everything.
Works very well.
05 C2S, Bose, CD changer, no phone or navi
Old 01-21-2019, 02:34 PM
Jeller
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HAAANK
Anyone figure out the alternator whine?
I moved mine around behind the PCM and it cleared it up, I also thought about changing the ground from the aux power tap to a separate ground on the dash metal frame or something.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:39 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 417 Posts

Hi, peeps. I am wondering if I can get some tech support for this install. I got the PCM cabling sorted out but am having a difficult time getting power to the LAPower module. I used the splice connectors that came with the kid and connected to the accessory cigarette lighter wires in the footwell but no joy. So I removed the splice connectors and stripped the ends of the black and red wires for the LA Power unit and connected them directly to the end of the accessory harness plug and still no joy. Is it possible my unit is bad? Or am I missing something? Key was in ignition and and the PCM was on and functioning otherwise (CD, radio, etc). I have nav but no CD changer or phone. To confirm, I used red to power (red/black), black to ground (brown). Thanks for any insight/advice.
Old 01-27-2019, 07:54 PM
jayi836
Burning Brakes

Received 259 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Busta Rib
Hi, peeps. I am wondering if I can get some tech support for this install. I got the PCM cabling sorted out but am having a difficult time getting power to the LAPower module. I used the splice connectors that came with the kid and connected to the accessory cigarette lighter wires in the footwell but no joy. So I removed the splice connectors and stripped the ends of the black and red wires for the LA Power unit and connected them directly to the end of the accessory harness plug and still no joy. Is it possible my unit is bad? Or am I missing something? Key was in ignition and and the PCM was on and functioning otherwise (CD, radio, etc). I have nav but no CD changer or phone. To confirm, I used red to power (red/black), black to ground (brown). Thanks for any insight/advice.
You should see some lights inside the unit if powered
Use a meter and check the at the connector at the LAPower unit.
Those taps are hit and mis solder would be the best .
I had a bad unit but after a month it failed.
The CD and Plone may be the result of the unit not being powered up and complticom the MOST loop.
Old 01-27-2019, 08:22 PM
Busta Rib
Rennlist Member

Received 1,109 Likes on 417 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, I'm not getting any lights. I will connect my meter and check the connection. To be clear, my car did not come with a CD changer or phone.

Originally Posted by jayi836
You should see some lights inside the unit if powered
Use a meter and check the at the connector at the LAPower unit.
Those taps are hit and mis solder would be the best .
I had a bad unit but after a month it failed.
The CD and Plone may be the result of the unit not being powered up and complticom the MOST loop.

Quick Reply: LAPower bluetooth?