Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2019 | 09:21 PM
pirahna
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DD GT3 RD
That is a nice looking car and the price seems fair.
Old 12-23-2019 | 11:52 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

I can't believe it's been almost a month since someone last posted in this thread. What's going on?

Here is a decent-looking deal, if the car checks out. High mileage Turbo S which can probably be had for mid 30s.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Porsch...t/223811235619
Old 12-24-2019 | 01:23 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Here is a decent-looking deal, if the car checks out. High mileage Turbo S which can probably be had for mid 30s.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2005-Porsch...t/223811235619
Wow that interior looks well worn...lotsa 'patina' there!

Are those snow / all season tires?
Old 01-02-2020 | 07:59 PM
ABSTAND
Instructor

Default Could be a good opportunity

Hi, all. Here is another reasonably priced ‘02 6 speed manual with 72K miles in SoCal/AZ. Arctic silver over black, and looks to be in really nice shape for $42K. Might even be a rennlister, who is selling it. Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested as it’s a pretty nice, safe and desirable low mileage combo. And who knows, maybe there is room for negotiation. 👍😀 No affiliation whatsoever...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...048683184.html
Old 01-02-2020 | 08:49 PM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

The fixed aero rear spoiler is a broken stock spoiler, lol!
Old 01-02-2020 | 08:54 PM
ABSTAND
Instructor

Originally Posted by docwyte
The fixed aero rear spoiler is a broken stock spoiler, lol!
Maybe he raised it for pictures?
Old 01-02-2020 | 09:00 PM
rael
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ABSTAND
Hi, all. Here is another reasonably priced ‘02 6 speed manual with 72K miles in SoCal/AZ. Arctic silver over black, and looks to be in really nice shape for $42K. Might even be a rennlister, who is selling it. Anyway, I thought some of you might be interested as it’s a pretty nice, safe and desirable low mileage combo. And who knows, maybe there is room for negotiation. 👍😀 No affiliation whatsoever...

https://losangeles.craigslist.org/ws...048683184.html

Dude is a creative writer, for sure. "The Luxurious Open lifting and sliding Sunroof is covered in Alcantera Suede." He mentions the same shop I go to for service, about a block from my office. I can ask about it if anyone is interested.
Old 01-21-2020 | 01:32 AM
ABSTAND
Instructor

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/...058821657.html

Another great example about 5 minutes away from me in San Diego (Del Mar) that might qualify for “prestige”. 18K miles, manual, silver on black, stock and $55K asking with an option to possibly negotiate some more. Too bad cars like this didn’t pop up when I was looking. Would have been VERY hard to resist with the mileage, options, color combo and overall state of the car. Anyway, I can take a look for any interested parties as I’m 5 minutes away from Del Mar. Also, no affiliation whatsoever.
Best,
Abstand
Old 01-21-2020 | 02:05 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Another great example about 5 minutes away from me in San Diego (Del Mar) that might qualify for “prestige”. 18K miles, manual, silver on black, stock and $55K asking with an option to possibly negotiate some more. Too bad cars like this didn’t pop up when I was looking. Would have been VERY hard to resist with the mileage, options, color combo and overall state of the car. Anyway, I can take a look for any interested parties as I’m 5 minutes away from Del Mar. Also, no affiliation whatsoever.
Best, Abstand
It's a very nice looking car no doubt. If one can live with that supple leather and negotiate it down to low 50s, then well bought!

PS...I bought my car in San Diego back in December 2014, although it's orginally from here in NorCal. Helluva drive home :-)

Old 01-21-2020 | 02:10 AM
Dock
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Assuming nothing shows up on inspection, that is a good price for such a nice 996 Turbo with ~18k miles.

If I were in the market for a 996 Turbo, that car would interest me very much. The low miles would be a real draw for me (the supple leather not so much of a draw, but I could live with it given the mileage.)
Old 01-21-2020 | 02:12 AM
ABSTAND
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dock
Assuming nothing shows up on inspection, that is a good price for such a nice 996 Turbo with ~18k miles.

If I were in the market for a 996 Turbo, that car would interest me very much. The low miles would be a real draw for me (the supple leather not so much of a draw, but I could live with it given the mileage.)
Agree, 100%.
Old 01-21-2020 | 02:16 AM
ABSTAND
Instructor

Originally Posted by Road King
It's a very nice looking car no doubt. If one can live with that supple leather and negotiate it down to low 50s, then well bought!

PS...I bought my car in San Diego back in December 2014, although it's orginally from here in NorCal. Helluva drive home :-)
Supple leather would not bother me one bit considering it’s a sub 20K mile car with a manual transmission, silver on black, stock and that appears to be an excellent example all around. A LOT of car for (possibly) low 50’s. Just my opinion.

I think your turbo is seal gray, correct? Mine is too, and I bought mine in San Diego (Cardiff) as well. Seal gray on black; best combo if you ask me, although I love arctic and polar silver as well! 👍😀
Old 01-21-2020 | 08:21 AM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

. Would have been VERY hard to resist with the mileage, options, color combo and overall state of the car.
Interesting you say that. Arctic silver on black is the most common combo by far, and that car looks very nice but doesn't seem particularly highly optioned to me, in fact it's one of the lowest stickers I've seen on an 03 I think. What color is yours, and which of those options is it missing?
Old 01-21-2020 | 10:25 AM
ABSTAND
Instructor

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
Interesting you say that. Arctic silver on black is the most common combo by far, and that car looks very nice but doesn't seem particularly highly optioned to me, in fact it's one of the lowest stickers I've seen on an 03 I think. What color is yours, and which of those options is it missing?
You are right! It is very common, probably the most common combo out there, but there is a reason for that. Many drivers, including me, love silver/gray on black regardless of the shade of silver. It’s just very classy, sexy and clean looking. I understand why many people like the unusual forest greens, speed yellows, etc. but it’s just not for me. And at $117K it is not the highest optioned turbo, but it’s definitely not the lowest either. My ‘02 turbo ($126K+ new) is seal gray on black and one of the many reasons I like that color a lot is, even after 3-4 weeks of not washing the car, it still looks clean and you can’t really tell it needs a rinse. Not that I let it go that long without a wash, but it’s the truth...just clean your wheels and you can skip a wash or two. 👍😀
Old 01-21-2020 | 11:45 AM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Supple leather would not bother me one bit considering it’s a sub 20K mile car with a manual transmission, silver on black, stock and that appears to be an excellent example all around. A LOT of car for (possibly) low 50’s. Just my opinion.

I think your turbo is seal gray, correct? Mine is too, and I bought mine in San Diego (Cardiff) as well. Seal gray on black; best combo if you ask me, although I love arctic and polar silver as well! 👍😀
Yes, my car is Seal Gray with black non-supple leather seats. It's a great color, but after 5 years I occasionally wish I had blue or white. However, I've got a well sorted car that runs great and am keeping this one for the long haul.

The following users liked this post:
Freier (01-21-2020)

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds