Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2018, 11:00 AM
Mudflaps
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Several months ago Dick Barbour had a similar car, cannot recall if it was white on red or white on natural brown. Maybe it came from there, it was listed up for 44k at that time.
Old 03-17-2018, 11:27 PM
F1CrazyDriver
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

If would be appreciated if you tell us more after i found the car listed for 99,999 in LA Craigslist. We brought evidence to support your case.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:10 AM
mutrksyou
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No offense, but the car was severely under priced and while they are a bunch of idiots, I don't blame them for not selling you the car. There really wasn't any serious wrongdoing on the dealers part other than incompetence on listing the car at an incorrect price. At the end of the day nobody had anything taken from them except for a little time spent on your part- but that just part of pursuing deals like this. People always tell you that if its too good to be true it probably is! You probably could have bought the car if you were local and able to purchase it that day on the spot, but unfortunately you weren't. Also, as an owner I am happy to see a car like that not selling for $56k
Old 03-19-2018, 08:54 AM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

c'mon 57k for that isn't that crazy. Who knows the history on the car, could have some over-revs or something clearly wrong with it... Could be the perfect example of letting a car sit too long without being driven.
Just because it's a 'rare' color combo doesn't mean it's going to fetch top dollar.
There's also a green turbo S for sale (albeit with a TIP) that still hasn't sold and it has a 'rare color combo'.

my $0.02
Old 03-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by mutrksyou
No offense, but the car was severely under priced and while they are a bunch of idiots, I don't blame them for not selling you the car. There really wasn't any serious wrongdoing on the dealers part other than incompetence on listing the car at an incorrect price. At the end of the day nobody had anything taken from them except for a little time spent on your part- but that just part of pursuing deals like this. People always tell you that if its too good to be true it probably is! You probably could have bought the car if you were local and able to purchase it that day on the spot, but unfortunately you weren't. Also, as an owner I am happy to see a car like that not selling for $56k
I always have the greatest sympathy for sellers who risk being taken advantage of by callous flippers and situations like that. But these guys are dealers. They're big boys, they're pros. If they don't know how to do their job, which includes knowing how much their cars are worth, it's their fault. Reneging on an agreed deal is a1000% a scum move.
Old 03-19-2018, 01:36 PM
mutrksyou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rick brooklyn
I always have the greatest sympathy for sellers who risk being taken advantage of by callous flippers and situations like that. But these guys are dealers. They're big boys, they're pros. If they don't know how to do their job, which includes knowing how much their cars are worth, it's their fault. Reneging on an agreed deal is a1000% a scum move.
I think it would be a scum move if the deal had occured in person, with a handshake and a bill of sale. It’s kind of a ****ty thing to do, but I wouldn’t say scum. Like I said this guy wasn’t local, he was literally across the country. He was lucky in the fact that he was the first one to call and put a deposit on the car, but he wasn’t lucky enough to find himself in Washington, or the car in NY that day. He also got his money back. That’s just how these things sometimes go. It simply wasn’t his day and while I am completely indifferent to whether or not he gets the car, legal action isn’t justified in this case imo
Old 03-19-2018, 01:49 PM
mutrksyou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NoogaSparrow
c'mon 57k for that isn't that crazy. Who knows the history on the car, could have some over-revs or something clearly wrong with it... Could be the perfect example of letting a car sit too long without being driven.
Just because it's a 'rare' color combo doesn't mean it's going to fetch top dollar.
There's also a green turbo S for sale (albeit with a TIP) that still hasn't sold and it has a 'rare color combo'.

my $0.02
While true that it could have had a bad history, it is unlikely given the mileage. The DESIRABLE color combo combined with mileage, X50, PCCB and 6 speed make the car worth at least 85k IMO. There’s been an uptick in prices recently with the low mileage s cars selling for ~$100k and an ultra low mile slate grey tts at Marshall Goldman that sold for over $200k. If you look at the 993tt market the x50 holds a serious premium over the base tt and the Turbo s holds an even higher premium over the x50. The same is going on for the 996tt.
The green one is in a rare color, but it’s ugly and not original.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:19 PM
NoogaSparrow
Pro

Received 47 Likes on 37 Posts

While true that it could have had a bad history, it is unlikely given the mileage. The DESIRABLE color combo combined with mileage, X50, PCCB and 6 speed make the car worth at least 85k IMO. There’s been an uptick in prices recently with the low mileage s cars selling for ~$100k and an ultra low mile slate grey tts at Marshall Goldman that sold for over $200k. If you look at the 993tt market the x50 holds a serious premium over the base tt and the Turbo s holds an even higher premium over the x50. The same is going on for the 996tt.
The green one is in a rare color, but it’s ugly and not original.
You exhibited my point... these color combo are purely subjective! To YOU the green is ugly... I know plenty of people who would prefer green over white. Same point with the 'DESIRABLE ' color combo... desirable to whom? Nothing wrong with what market value is, but color combos are purely subjective. I'm willing to bet that a Forest Green Turbo S is more rare than Carrara white.
Just saying, market value is all in what the buyer is willing to pay...

I wasn't aware 993s had an X50 option as well...
Old 03-19-2018, 02:46 PM
mutrksyou
Intermediate

Originally Posted by NoogaSparrow
You exhibited my point... these color combo are purely subjective! To YOU the green is ugly... I know plenty of people who would prefer green over white. Same point with the 'DESIRABLE ' color combo... desirable to whom? Nothing wrong with what market value is, but color combos are purely subjective. I'm willing to bet that a Forest Green Turbo S is more rare than Carrara white.
Just saying, market value is all in what the buyer is willing to pay...

I wasn't aware 993s had an X50 option as well...
I was talking about the way the car is set up with the over sized non original fuchs style wheels.
Old 03-19-2018, 06:25 PM
jhall
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm willing to bet that a Forest Green Turbo S is more rare than Carrara white.
Forest Green was my first choice when I was looking for my 996tt. Wound up with a boring Arctic Silver because it was what I could find at a good deal.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:00 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,387 Likes on 1,295 Posts

I think it would be a scum move if the deal had occured in person, with a handshake and a bill of sale. It’s kind of a ****ty thing to do, but I wouldn’t say scum. Like I said this guy wasn’t local, he was literally across the country. He was lucky in the fact that he was the first one to call and put a deposit on the car, but he wasn’t lucky enough to find himself in Washington, or the car in NY that day. He also got his money back. That’s just how these things sometimes go. It simply wasn’t his day and while I am completely indifferent to whether or not he gets the car, legal action isn’t justified in this case imo
Ha, remind me never to do business with you then if you think this is acceptable business practice. That was a clear case of breach of contract. A first week of the first year of law school text book example. If you think that's okay, then I don't know what else to say. The dealer is a snake, because he knows the hassle involved in litigating from afar. It makes zero difference legally to the formation of a contract if you are standing there in front of the person with whom you are dealing or if you are on the other side of the country. Further, you do not need a written agreement except in certain cases not relevant here. You reach a deal, put a deposit down, and boom - a contract. Whatever happens after that goes to integrity.
Old 03-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

Not sure what state you are in, most states if consideration was given (deposit) and accepted and if by written check and deposited you may have a case. No deposit of check no deal. If deposit was made in cash and accepted you may have a case. I always bring cash 💵
Old 03-20-2018, 06:20 PM
linderpat
Rennlist Member

Received 2,387 Likes on 1,295 Posts

Originally Posted by Oak
Not sure what state you are in, most states if consideration was given (deposit) and accepted and if by written check and deposited you may have a case. No deposit of check no deal. If deposit was made in cash and accepted you may have a case. I always bring cash 💵
A credit card deposit is like any other monetary consideration. Same as cash for purposes of contract formation.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:13 PM
RClurg84
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

The white/Boxster red interior car is back up for sale, just posted on Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/Dail...24598460982166
Old 03-20-2018, 09:26 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,595 Posts

Doh, what happened VanD?

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds