Sponsored by:

Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2018, 11:06 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by kcattorney
Hmm, that looks suspiciously like the car in someone's avatar . . .
Inorite
Old 02-20-2018, 10:50 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guys,

I apologize if this one has been discussed, I didn't read the entire thread.

Looking for opinions.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Porsch...paekjS&vxp=mtr

Last edited by Vlocity; 02-20-2018 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Photo added
Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM
FRUNKenstein
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 173 Posts

I don't think it has been discussed in here previously.
Well, where to start?
1. Some (many) buyers will eliminate it due to the Techart body mods. I'm not a big fan of Techart, but I like the front bumper. I've always thought the GT2 vent at the top of the bumper looks good. Its an aggressive look, but not horrible like some of the full-body Techart kits I've seen.
2. I'm not a big fan of the Tiptronic, but there are many valid reasons for wanting one. So, if that's not a problem for you (or even a plus), then the good news is that a Tippy keeps the price down as many people will eliminate the car from consideration because of the Tippy.
3. I actually like the tape work. There is a long history of people customizing their 911s to make them unique and I think that's great. Some of the customizations just "don't work", but I like this black & white theme (with a bit of red on the taillights & brake calipers to add color). But, this will offend the purists (however, another instance of keeping the price low by eliminating competing buyers).
4. Tan interior is a minor negative also. Some people really like them, but generally the tan and gray interiors just don't age as well.
5. Maybe it is just a reflection, but the seat bottom on the passenger side looks like it may have unusual wear or have gotten water on it. I am sensitive to this as the same panel on my car has what appears to be water damage.
6. If you buy it and want to make the taillights blackouts, let me know. Mine came with blacked out taillights and I replaced them with the new LED aftermarket taillights. So, I have a nice set of blacked out taillights I would sell you for $500 plus shipping. Since the sidemarkers are blacked out, the taillights would look good matched. If you didn't like them, just sell them to somebody else and get your $$ back.
7. I love the wheels, but it appears they are 19". The ebay listing says they are turbo hollow spokes, which clearly they are not. I can't make out the tire size on the photo of the full tire on the dealer's website, but they look like 19", which you are not going to love if you see many potholes.
8. The front bumper looks like it's got several cracks in it, based on the photos on the dealer's website (you can click through the ebay auction site to see the dealer's website).
9. 52,000 miles is a nice plus.
10. I'm thinking it's a $35k to $36k car, all things considered.
Old 02-20-2018, 02:42 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,595 Posts

The value of a car like all comes down to personal preferences.
Old 02-20-2018, 03:05 PM
T Kono
Burning Brakes

Received 118 Likes on 88 Posts

A bit much on the interior, but I like this color. Over priced for sure, nice low mileage. Someone removed the original GT3 wheels, a shame. Funny, I originally typed Over riced, still applies.

ORANGE!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199628942
Old 02-21-2018, 10:34 AM
Vlocity
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

KCAttorney,

Thank you for the assessment. I'm actually looking for a TIP, this car won't be tracked, so having the convenience of a TIP car in traffic and trips is what I am after.

I wasn't sure the impression the TECH ART would have on most buyers, I like the way it looks personally but it's hard to know if the quality of materials is there from the photos.

As far as the paint choice, I don't care for the stripe on the hood, but might able to live with the roof and spoiler. If I were to purchase it, I'd most likely have to do a repaint on at least the hood. That coupled with the budgeting for an engine out for the cooling pipes would probably mean another $5000 to add to the cost consideration. At that point even if it was bought well I'm in to 4-6 year old Cayman money.

Thanks for your time.
Old 02-23-2018, 10:45 AM
Mrboom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need a car to drive in Socal. The CarFax looks wacky, but in general, could be a decent deal

https://www.autonation.com/cars/WP0AB29903S685802
Old 02-23-2018, 11:24 AM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Vlocity
KCAttorney,

Thank you for the assessment. I'm actually looking for a TIP, this car won't be tracked, so having the convenience of a TIP car in traffic and trips is what I am after.

I wasn't sure the impression the TECH ART would have on most buyers, I like the way it looks personally but it's hard to know if the quality of materials is there from the photos.

As far as the paint choice, I don't care for the stripe on the hood, but might able to live with the roof and spoiler. If I were to purchase it, I'd most likely have to do a repaint on at least the hood. That coupled with the budgeting for an engine out for the cooling pipes would probably mean another $5000 to add to the cost consideration. At that point even if it was bought well I'm in to 4-6 year old Cayman money.

Thanks for your time.

Isn't this a black car with a partial white wrap? It looks like the black on the hood is the original paint left alone
Old 02-23-2018, 11:29 AM
geetee
Rennlist Member

Received 61 Likes on 48 Posts

nvm...i saw the additional pictures
Old 02-23-2018, 12:22 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mrboom
I need a car to drive in Socal. The CarFax looks wacky, but in general, could be a decent deal

https://www.autonation.com/cars/WP0AB29903S685802
Looks like a decent car. I think it's been for sale for a while, but it's a ways north of LA, so maybe a bit of a drive for most SoCal prospects.
Old 02-23-2018, 12:24 PM
mbaran
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Looks like a decent car. I think it's been for sale for a while, but it's a ways north of LA, so maybe a bit of a drive for most SoCal prospects.
It’s only Santa Clarita! I grew up there, everyone always said how far it is from everywhere, but it’s not so bad.
Old 02-23-2018, 02:25 PM
Road King
Three Wheelin'

Received 74 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by T Kono
A bit much on the interior, but I like this color. Over priced for sure, nice low mileage. Someone removed the original GT3 wheels, a shame. Funny, I originally typed Over riced, still applies.

ORANGE!

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...ting=199628942
Absolutely! Stunning color for sure, but yes, way too much zanzibar red on the interior (from the factory!), but it's a nicely spec'd car.
Old 02-23-2018, 04:36 PM
Mrboom
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mbaran

It’s only Santa Clarita! I grew up there, everyone always said how far it is from everywhere, but it’s not so bad.
I was in Newport Beach last month and say it was still about 2 hours away that can turn into 3 hours with 1 accident

I'm probably driving up to look at it tomorrow morning. It looks like it was bought and returned to the dealer 2 or 3 times in the last few months. Hmmmm
Old 02-23-2018, 07:40 PM
techweenie
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Mrboom
I was in Newport Beach last month and say it was still about 2 hours away that can turn into 3 hours with 1 accident

I'm probably driving up to look at it tomorrow morning. It looks like it was bought and returned to the dealer 2 or 3 times in the last few months. Hmmmm
Santa Clarita is not far as the crow flies, but if you're like the rest of us, using the 405 during business hours, pack a lunch!

Returned after purchase? That is scary - unless it was related to inability to qualify for loans.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Freddie Two Bs
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by techweenie
Returned after purchase? That is scary - unless it was related to inability to qualify for loans.
Bill, do you know any dealer who would take back a used car if it turned out to be bad? Real question, as I thought no dealer in the country would do that, ever.

Quick Reply: Craigslist, EBay and Other Online Finds