Old 10-27-2008, 07:03 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 311 Likes on 217 Posts
Default Ultimate Motorwerks X50 and GT2 tuning and wastegate kit special

Ultimate Motorwerks is offering it's K24 GT2 and/or X50 tuning for $1,295.00 The programming is done thru your OBD2 port via a slave hand held programming unit. The process takes only 15 seconds.

With this "offer" I have priced my Wastegate kit at $395.00 For a modest fee of $75.00 I will assemble the wastegate kit for your exchange units.

For those that have K16's on your car, I can provide you K24's.. Please email me for current pricing.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:59 PM
964-C2
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About how much more HP than stock with / without the WG kit on a gt2? Do you have any dyno graph before / after? Thanks!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:26 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The wastegate kit will add torque due to the fact that we are keeping the larger wastegate door held shut. This will allow the turbine wheel to spool up quicker and increase in RPM (shaft speed). The net result is "Boost" sooner. I have been asked recently if the wastegate kit will improve the lag = to stock K16's. The answer is NO, however, the wastegate kit will prop up and give you 30 to 35% increase in spool up vs stock K24's. Adding my new HyFlow turbine wheel will give you a 500RPM reduction in lag!
Old 07-01-2009, 02:28 AM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

If anyone is interested, I have available a set of K24's upgraded with my new HyFlow turbine wheel on my shelf.
Old 07-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be looking for something like this next year Kevin. I've got to sort out my new suspension first.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:43 AM
wross996tt
Race Car

Received 82 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ShokWaveRider
I guess my only question here is why do you need to do the wastegate upgrade? Can you not simply program the Wastegate solenoid not to open until the required boost is achieved? Just like the external EBCs do?
Of course I will let Kevin answer about the specs...but as far as the wastegates go....it is not an issue of sending the electronic signal, it is a matter of the stock spring is not sufficient to keep the wastegates closed (really what the kit is is a stronger spring). I can attest to the significant gains from this mod!
Old 07-01-2009, 01:33 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

Not strictly accurate. You are correct about the spring. But those gates will not open unless prompted, goes against the airflow. I have run .4 bar wastegate actuators at 1.3 bar all day wth no problems on other turbos.
SWR
So your experience is with the Porsche turbo and its wastegates? To what extent should we rely on your "experience"? The problem is even though there is no signal to open the gates, the pressure build up is enough to open them (hint spring constant). you can read this link for more info and to add to your "experience"
Old 07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Statman is just fun-ing with you.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

The exhaust gases entering the K16 and K24 turbine housing press against the round wastegate door or gate. The exhaust pressure built up WILL force open the door/gate. REGARDLESS to what the ECU requests. If the ECU is not requesting the N75 frequency valve to allow manifold pressure to the actuator to open the gates, then we are losing exhaust energy that is normally routed to the turbine wheel. The turbine wheel in this state will take longer to reach the ECU's target boost mapping to request that the gates be opened.

Again it doesn't have ANYTHING to do with requested boost control, it is the "lack" of spring tension to keep the seat/gate closed thru the mechanical linkage. The geometry leverages the rod and the spring is to weak. And yes I have engineered a proper spring package and to this date I have not lost a actuator rod to breakage which is a common event with many other packages.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:04 PM
MitchW
Advanced

Question

I hate being the dummy here. Where can we find a Turbo 101 class discussing the mechanics behind the turbos and what options are out therefor our cars, including what we have stock? All I know are the basics behind how a turbo increases HP, and what it does to increase MY horsepower. In addition, how far can you go with turbo upgrades before you need a transmission upgrade?

Last edited by MitchW; 07-01-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: typo correction
Old 07-01-2009, 04:53 PM
Kevin
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

By a Durametric system and a laptop computer. Get a relationship built up with a tuner and start datalogging your engine values. You will start to understand what is happening with your engine, boost, fuel, timing and other good factors like KNOCK.

Do you have a manual or tip gearbox?
Old 07-01-2009, 05:18 PM
MitchW
Advanced

Manual gear box. My local tuner in Memphis is much more of an advocate of suspension upgrades than power upgrades.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:43 PM
wross996tt
Race Car

I do not want to argue with your obvious sarcasm. Did you read Porsche or LOTUS experience in my post? I did not say Porsche. I will go to the manual now though and find out. I assume you got your info from a legitimate Porsche TT manual; you do have a technical manual I presume.

Do you even understand how a waste gate controller works?

SWR
I am so glad you have educated me..on your lotus...Yes I have the Porsche factory manuals and yes as Kevin has responded you are precisely inaccurate with your statements...so perhaps before you go showing your "experience" with Porsche again, you should do some research. BTW, Porsche calls them bypass flaps...LOL

Quick Reply: Ultimate Motorwerks X50 and GT2 tuning and wastegate kit special