Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 01:48 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,629 Likes on 2,314 Posts

Originally Posted by mikerosi
OK
BUT, there is a lot of good info there.....did I mention Protomotive is over there now??....Legendary tuner...Great info on tuning DIY`s etc. Now no forum is without faults, mind you, but you may just be too sensitive to go over to 6speed if you`re bugged about all the dick wagging! Like I said gentlemen, if you`re interested in your Porsche BOTH sites are a must
diff board for sure.

not many ppl there who really exercise their cars or too many working on their own cars. hp rating is very importnat.

very high "entertainment" value, i stopped watch TV everynight.

to each his own.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:54 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
I haven't found ANYTHING worthwhile on 6speed, while I have dozens of bookmarks from here (the best car knowledge base on the internet, in my view), and Roadfly.
well, that's only b/c you haven't attempted to do a 4.0L x91 TT stage 9 motor mod. i think that's good for 918hp at the rear wheels. i am doing a 4.2L GT3RS, so i now frequent 7speedDSGonline.
Old 02-15-2007, 01:57 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

Originally Posted by cpu77
I think 6speed gets way more traffic.
Hwy 880 around bay area has a LOT of traffic too. that doesn't say very much.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:30 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Crap.

I'm not sure what's going on, but now I can't log in! Tried resetting password and brought me to a new screen. Can't log in w/ new reset password or old.

This site administratively stinks.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Meatball
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm glad I saw this thread. I didn't know there was a waiting period. Unfortunately, all I wanted to do is pay a guy $3K for his wheels but since I can't tell him I'm interested I'll look elsewhere!!
Old 02-15-2007, 09:11 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by est8esq
Crap.

I'm not sure what's going on, but now I can't log in! Tried resetting password and brought me to a new screen. Can't log in w/ new reset password or old.

This site administratively stinks.
The 6speed admins saw this thread! Maybe they've banned you
Old 02-16-2007, 10:25 PM
silvershark
Track Day

I just posted my first on 6speed 2days ago. I am also new to Rennlist.
Content for performance is great @ 6speed, but seems a little heavy on the "dude how awesome"
Is there an edicate to follow as a new member? I feel awkward and could use some advice.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:21 AM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by silvershark
I just posted my first on 6speed 2days ago. I am also new to Rennlist.
Content for performance is great @ 6speed, but seems a little heavy on the "dude how awesome"
Is there an edicate to follow as a new member? I feel awkward and could use some advice.
I think as a new member posting it is nice to say so ie "newbie" question or somthing like that. People on both boards will give you the answers to any questions you may have and nothing is too trivial or stupid.
I would feel free to post any questions you have with regards to your car or whatever as long as it is in a civil and polite manner it will be answered as such.
Posts also with regards to any of your driving or mechanical experiences are welcome as well.

Welcome to both boards, looking forward to some of your posts, jump in when you feel comfortable
Old 02-17-2007, 08:58 AM
est8esq
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

"Dude," welcome aboard.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 02-17-2007, 11:34 AM
C DeVito
Racer

Welcome to both boards. I belong to both boards and like both for different information. I have to agree the rep point system is a downside to posting there. I got negative reps from a guy no longer on the board for politely showing examples of a counter argument which others promptly agreed with. Seems pretty random. Like any internet board you weed through a lot of stuff and find there is some good sharing on both boards.

I am also a 996TT newbie and have found help from members on both boards, when I was searching for the car, doing a long distance PPI, and now with advice on how to thin my wallet. Tom's advice is right on, if you politely ask for help, people respond with help.
Old 02-17-2007, 02:37 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
diff board for sure.

not many ppl there who really exercise their cars or too many working on their own cars. hp rating is very importnat.

very high "entertainment" value, i stopped watch TV everynight.

to each his own.
There are actually alot of 6speeders that track their cars including myself. But your saying that since I am not mechanically inclined I am less of a Porsche enthusiast than you?? I don't think so!
Old 02-17-2007, 09:21 PM
Lizard1
Racer

i enjoy both of these sights but they are very different as others have stated. seems like in the last yr 6speed has been inundated with 14-18 yr olds who have commandeered the board to a degree with "Saweet ride" and "shiznit" comments.......unfortunate and aggravating at times
Old 02-18-2007, 06:31 PM
silvershark
Track Day

I was scanning 6speed and ran across a poll of "How many Porsche's have you owned" I was suprised there were several responses by 16-20yr olds....
Of which did not even own a Porsche..... yet posted
I can appreciate people who are interested and want to know more
before purchasing... But can't understand responded to a thread and
not even an owner. Go Figure
Old 02-18-2007, 08:48 PM
KPG
Pro

Originally Posted by Lizard1
i enjoy both of these sights but they are very different as others have stated. seems like in the last yr 6speed has been inundated with 14-18 yr olds who have commandeered the board to a degree with "Saweet ride" and "shiznit" comments.......unfortunate and aggravating at times
I agree that the youngsters are alittle annoying, but what do you say without coming across like a bad guy? One 6speed member was a little ticked off at a kid making dumb remarks on his thread and said" you are 15 years old, please exit my thread"...Short and sweet...Kevin
Old 02-19-2007, 02:18 AM
TT Surgeon
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

A lot of 14-17yo kids on Dad's computer. The best is the list of current/past rides on their signatures!

Quick Reply: 6speedonline WTF???