Sponsored by:

6speedonline WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C4S Surgeon
A lot of 14-17yo kids on Dad's computer. The best is the list of current/past rides on their signatures!
Most just lie there butts off trying to impress one another. Check out the "how much do you spend on food" thread in OT. One of the big "playas" said he spends $6k/mo. That's about 2x his mortgage payment. He just doesnt understand that info like his mortgage is readily available. The philosophy on that board is "if i say it, it must be true". That board cracks me up.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:15 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by john-'96 993 cab
Most just lie there butts off trying to impress one another. Check out the "how much do you spend on food" thread in OT. One of the big "playas" said he spends $6k/mo. That's about 2x his mortgage payment. He just doesnt understand that info like his mortgage is readily available. The philosophy on that board is "if i say it, it must be true". That board cracks me up.
Yeah I am sure no one on Rennlist ever makes things up or exaggerates.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

What I get a kick out of is seeing some of the same members here and over on 6speed. Here they act in a professional manner with "on point" posts that are somewhat valuable. While on on 6speed they become post *****, *** clowns that degrade almost any thread into the toilet.

Speaking of toilets, in the "Off Topic" here on Rennlist, I saw a thread started about "Urinal Splatter", Fake Breasts, and Vasectomy's. So I'll take B.S. stories about food bills any day over that. Mind you the urinal splatter thread is on its third page. So as for the comments about the childish membership, you may want to think twice.
Old 02-20-2007, 12:54 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by BuddyG
Yeah I am sure no one on Rennlist ever makes things up or exaggerates.
Every member of rennlist is an honest, standup person, except me. What makes 6speed so fun is the grandiosity. Trying to out do one another in how much they spend on food and lying to do it. Maybe a guy in a $400k house actually spends 6k/mo in food. Either he's a liar, a fool, or just having fun with everyone.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Y65MPH
Pro

Maybe a guy in a $400k house actually spends 6k/mo in food. Either he's a liar, a fool, or just having fun with everyone.
Or very hungry
Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Y65MPH
Speaking of toilets, in the "Off Topic" here on Rennlist, I saw a thread started about "Urinal Splatter", Fake Breasts, and Vasectomy's. So I'll take B.S. stories about food bills any day over that. Mind you the urinal splatter thread is on its third page. So as for the comments about the childish membership, you may want to think twice.
I have noticed the same thing. It has turned to nothing but body function discussions in OT lately. Seems that most of the 15 year olds and post ****** just cant come up with anything worthy of real debate.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:43 PM
club411
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Now that I am on the 6speed site I like the 996 tt forum...more lively than Rennlist. However the 944 forums are like a ghostown.

I would say that I know a fare share of morons who owns Porsches. So it's no surprise that there are some that post to make them feel better about themselves.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:44 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 321 Likes on 209 Posts

Be persistent, but then don't be disappointed once you do get approved. It's a great site if you want to talk about watches, but as for cars.....
Old 02-20-2007, 03:24 PM
Lizard1
Racer

Most just lie there butts off trying to impress one another. Check out the "how much do you spend on food" thread in OT. One of the big "playas" said he spends $6k/mo. That's about 2x his mortgage payment. He just doesnt understand that info like his mortgage is readily available.
hahaha, owned...doesn't mean it's not true but still...

he's "THE watch dealer"
Old 02-20-2007, 03:54 PM
club411
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I spend 6 dollars a day at subway for lunch...that's how I roll....
Old 02-20-2007, 04:04 PM
RutgersU
Racer

Originally Posted by club411
I spend 6 dollars a day at subway for lunch...that's how I roll....
Pimp.

This is another one of his posts on 6speed:

"There are many benefits to financing. One example is that you can get a great rate on a car loan which allows you to keep your own cash as working capital in your business. I know that any time I am offered any amount of money at less than 7% I'll take it!

I can turn a 7% return on it in 2 weeks and have the rest of the year with free money to invest.

Ask anyone with real money and they'll tell you that they use as much leverage as possible. Why use your own money when the bank's money is cheaper?"

Old 02-20-2007, 04:33 PM
CLS
Advanced

I am a new person to rennlist and I am also a member of 6speedonline and can say I've had the chance to meet a lot of genuine nice people there in person. And I have found good information off both sights I really like the DIY stuff here and a very knowledgeable group as a whole.

I know there are some young teenage kids hanging out there and you got to enjoy there love for cars as we all do. And yes I have met a couple in person and they're great kids!

Both of these boards have there positive points, I say just enjoy them or not but there isn't any value to running either one down here, whats the point?

Last edited by CLS; 02-20-2007 at 05:28 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:10 PM
lennyspoolin
Intermediate

Default 6speedonline

I got the same problem i tried to register 1000 times with all diffrent email adresses but it keeps telling me that may email adress has been banned. I have never registered before. Makes no sense
Old 02-21-2007, 08:26 PM
calcareer
Advanced

Smile

I even sent 6speedonline sponsorship money theough PayPay.
I know they received it but it was never acknowledged and I was never upgraded to a sponsoring member.

It's a tough crowd!
Old 02-23-2007, 06:42 PM
doccao
8th Gear

Eversince they dropped the rep points system last week, it has been a much more user friendly site. The rep thing was killing that forum...funny how alot of the regular rep/post guys suddenly disappeared.

Also, when I jumped into my TT I thought maybe I would be surrounded by an older more established bunch of car guys (instead of pre-pubic hair kids trolling the forums). After awhile, you start to get a feel of which guys are legit & knowledgable.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline WTF???