Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

6speedonline WTF???

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 01:57 PM
club411
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I just made it... ha Its a site I co-own www.my-shorty.com we make custom bobble heads off of your photos... pretty funny.
Old 02-12-2007, 02:00 PM
hesperus
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

strange, joined when i was a total Porsche newbie and never had any trouble.

bit of a different slant over there compared to here-- seems to me slightly more emphasis on HP and straightline punch... though that could simply be a function of the guys that post the most.

what I do like about the site is that its very active. so come back after a day away and there's usually a bunch of entertaining posts. and face it, i come to these forums as much for entertainment as I do to actually learn something new about our passion.

oh, and DJ made me a really nice avatar

cheers!
Old 02-12-2007, 05:29 PM
underpsi
Instructor

i find that 6speedonline is mostly manipulated by all the sponsor vendors, just try to post any good remarks on other products other than the ones that evoms, sharkwerks, etc sells and you will get flamed.
Old 02-12-2007, 06:57 PM
nkhalidi
Rennlist Member

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I've posted it around before: 6speedonline is poorly managed, full of puerile comments, doesn't have a deep knowledge base, and has an arcane set of "rules." I really think it's populated by kids (and/or immature adults) who don't know much about cars but want to post "kill stories" rife with emoticons, name-calling, and put-downs. Dyno sheets and 1/4 mile runs, if that's what you want, 6speed is your site. Just be prepared to sift through pages of useless comments.

I haven't found ANYTHING worthwhile on 6speed, while I have dozens of bookmarks from here (the best car knowledge base on the internet, in my view), and Roadfly.

On a related note, I posted a For Sale thread on 6speed for the 360 CS I had for sale a few weeks ago. I'm a three-year 6speed member with only a dozen posts or so. They DELETED the thread because I had fewer than 100 posts. In other words, if I had made 88 posts around the board with comments like "phat whip, yo" and "dem rimz is TIGHT," the ad would've stayed. Who comes up with this stuff?
Old 02-12-2007, 07:31 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

I think the 6 speed 996turbo forum was populated by guys who were here, but got sideways with admin and bolted. When CJV pulled all his posts off this board (after repeatedly saying that he was posting so all could share his information) and jumped to 6 speed, I decided to never post there. I'm gusesing it's a draw, as they probably don't want me much either. AS
Old 02-12-2007, 07:43 PM
jrok
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nkhalidi
On a related note, I posted a For Sale thread on 6speed for the 360 CS I had for sale a few weeks ago. I'm a three-year 6speed member with only a dozen posts or so. They DELETED the thread because I had fewer than 100 posts. In other words, if I had made 88 posts around the board with comments like "phat whip, yo" and "dem rimz is TIGHT," the ad would've stayed. Who comes up with this stuff?
It's quite odd that people say they cannot get responses from them because there are certainly people watching the boards. I recently had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I've been a member since 2005 but post there rarely. I posted a couple of cars for sale and they were ripped down within an hour because I too did not meet the required 100 post limit. That's a wierd rule.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 PM
Jetfire90
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jrok
It's quite odd that people say they cannot get responses from them because there are certainly people watching the boards. I recently had a similar experience a few weeks ago. I've been a member since 2005 but post there rarely. I posted a couple of cars for sale and they were ripped down within an hour because I too did not meet the required 100 post limit. That's a wierd rule.
I've been a member since 2005 too, but only had 25 posts, and just listed a car for sale. That thread was deleted AND I was banned for one week.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:51 PM
TurboMark
Pro

Last edited by TurboMark; 02-12-2007 at 10:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

I really like that site and frequent it more than I do other forums. The off-topic is entertaining and there really is good Porsche info there, you just need to know where to look for it.
With that said, I agree with the sentiment of the "lots of kids" but it is easy to hit the ignore button.
It took me a couple of months before I could post as well.
Old 02-12-2007, 10:57 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KPG
Dont even think I am going to kiss your butt over here...no reps on the line lol...Kevin
Now that IS disappointing!!!!!

I think both forums have alot to offer, if nothing else for at least the entertainment value!!! And quite honestly I have learned alot from the 6speed TT forum, the majority of guys are experienced and knowledgable. There is the occasional "kill story" still entertaining because of course there is never really any proof?!

They are definately more concerned with hp and drag racing, but hey I love to hear about different ways to enjoy your car and some of the cars there are a real tribute to the blood sweat and tears these guys have put into their cars and it is amazing how you can push the envelop with this car!! I say to the other forum we all have a common interest.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:56 AM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

I frequent 6speed AND Rennlist and I like them both! But 6 speed seems to be more exciting with all the high horsepower and engine building feats. Hey they have Protomotive now with insights on extreme high horsepower..... nothing wrong with that I suppose.....as well as many other great tuners... UMW, Evo etc....... I don`t know how anyone could say anything bad about either site unless he was a a true dip****.....
Old 02-13-2007, 11:47 AM
club411
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mikerosi
I don`t know how anyone could say anything bad about either site unless he was a a true dip****.....
Well I guess I am a dip****. Working in the online space the the past 10 years, I can tell you that the true dip****s are the ones who are turning (by not approving) away customers (users).

The more eyes, the more users, on the page - the more the advertisment is worth. Not rocket science!

I spend 10 hours a day trying to aquire new online customers. Why would you ignore someone who is interested in your product???

Ray
Old 02-13-2007, 12:15 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

The idea to make moderators out of anyone spending $$$ on a big engine build to keep them exclusive to 6speed was genius. Without those 3 or 4 specific contributors 6speed would never have gotten off the ground.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:51 PM
underpsi
Instructor

anyone feel that moderators should not be shops or sponsors? i truely think this is a conflict of interest, that goes for rennlist as well.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:55 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by club411
Well I guess I am a dip****. Working in the online space the the past 10 years, I can tell you that the true dip****s are the ones who are turning (by not approving) away customers (users).

The more eyes, the more users, on the page - the more the advertisment is worth. Not rocket science!

I spend 10 hours a day trying to aquire new online customers. Why would you ignore someone who is interested in your product???

Ray
No, I understand what you`re saying Ray, and I was not refering to you. I think both sites offer great experiences. But it is very lame that you can`t log onto 6speed yet. I would try emailing Dive extreme directly. He is a moderator and is up on everything

Quick Reply: 6speedonline WTF???