Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by tkerrmd
Funny that usually works!!!!
Old 03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
BBGT2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a funny thread, it really is. Rennliste's complaining about 6speed, and calling them "immature" shiznit talking young people. Whats wrong with young people and them talking about cars. The internet is like a TV, you dont like something you are seeing/hearing/reading, CHANGE it.
Obviously I am a member of both boards but as I dont have a Porsche presently I am there mostly in the O/T section, and its fun. Met a lot of cool people there over the years and even though I may not agree with the mod's there much and I left I still came back due to the fact I missed the guys I met there.
Rennlist and 6speed are both VERY VERY informative sites about Porsche's.
Oh and as far as the reps being gone there being good, I really cant see how it helped the site.
Yeah some people got bent out of shape because of alot of neg reps they got, SO what it didnt affect their checking account did it? Those were just men with their internet egos bruised and needed to "grow" up themselves if they thought that the rep points were going to hurt them.
As far as the signing up process, I joined in 2003 and it took about a month if I remember correctly.
I dont know why it takes that long, but I am assuming it is because the owner of the site Ryan is the only one that approves new members and its not a priority for him. Thats my guess I dont know him or have I even emailed him for anything.
There is alot of Mods there though and they will get back to you if you have problems and issue's.
Yes the site has changed ALOT since I became a member, is it for the better who knows, time will tell if it has.
Again I say to you good people both the sites are very good for their intended purpose, one gets more traffic than the other.

Bajo,

BTW, Luis and C4sSurgeon, neg rep for you guys, you know the "imaginary" reps, LOL
Old 03-02-2007, 12:29 AM
lennyspoolin
Intermediate

Can anyone who is a 6speedonline member please help me get registered to 6speedonline. I have been trying for almost 5 monthes. It keeps telling me that my email adress has been banned. I am alittle confussed since i have never been a member before.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:49 AM
golfguy
Racer

Default change your email addy

Originally Posted by lennyspoolin
Can anyone who is a 6speedonline member please help me get registered to 6speedonline. I have been trying for almost 5 monthes. It keeps telling me that my email adress has been banned. I am alittle confussed since i have never been a member before.
refer to my earlier post on this thread.

https://rennlist.com/forums/showthre...54#post3915854
Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 AM
Red Comet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BBGT2
Oh and as far as the reps being gone there being good, I really cant see how it helped the site.
Yeah some people got bent out of shape because of alot of neg reps they got, SO what it didnt affect their checking account did it? Those were just men with their internet egos bruised and needed to "grow" up themselves if they thought that the rep points were going to hurt them.
I'm not sure which was more pathetic, those who were injured by anonymous negative comments, or those who were preoccupied in +rep 4 u circle jerks. Either way, that whole forum's focus shifted from cars to rep points, do you think that was a good thing?

As far as the signing up process, I joined in 2003 and it took about a month if I remember correctly.
I dont know why it takes that long, but I am assuming it is because the owner of the site Ryan is the only one that approves new members and its not a priority for him.
Herein lies the problem. Why the hell isn't it a priority for him? He's taking in a lot of money from sponsors and users, FAR more than is neccessary to pay the forum's operating costs, but he can't be arsed to run the place? When you ask him to do something as minor as activate a new user account, he's all "hey, this is my hobby, leave me alone!" but if you're happy with services provided by a non-sponsor and you post about it, it's considered free advertising, the posts are edited or deleted, and instead it's "hey man, you're messing with my business!" Ben Treynor had to buy Protomotive a sponsorship so he could talk about his own damn car. Give me a break.

In my opinion, the proprietors of 6speedonline profit from the content provided by the users while doing nothing in return other than the minimum required to ensure the sponsor money keeps rolling in. In my opinion, that is sleazy and unethical.

Again I say to you good people both the sites are very good for their intended purpose, one gets more traffic than the other.
Yes, Rennlist gets approximately 4 times more traffic than 6speedonline.

The internet is like a TV, you dont like something you are seeing/hearing/reading, CHANGE it.
I agree 100%!
Old 03-02-2007, 09:02 AM
amerlemans
Rennlist Member

Although I like both sites, I find the 996TT section on 6speed to be far more active than this one.

My feeling is this...If you own a business and want to come on to any site peddling your business/products, buck up and be a sponsor for Christsake. One or two sales (which you will get in one or two days at either site) will most likely cover your sponsorship costs.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend advertising dollars. These sites have a boatload of traffic.
Old 03-02-2007, 10:34 AM
jimq
Burgled
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by lennyspoolin
It took one day last week to get registered. Like has been said before they apparently dont accept free email like yahoo and hotmail. Use your home ISP or work address and it probably will take it.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:08 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 180 Likes on 127 Posts

I joined 6speed back in the summer with out any problems. I've never had any problems with any of the 6speed members nor anyone here on Rennlist. I use a Yahoo address for all the sites I sign up for. Try that and once you get signed up you can edit your membership.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:54 AM
lexpro
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Red Comet

How do you know this? Where is website-specific traffic information available?
Old 03-03-2007, 02:18 PM
BBGT2
Intermediate

I'm not sure which was more pathetic, those who were injured by anonymous negative comments, or those who were preoccupied in +rep 4 u circle jerks. Either way, that whole forum's focus shifted from cars to rep points, do you think that was a good thing?
I beg to differ with you the rep points did go crazy, BUT in the Off Topic section and not in the car section, at all. I know I was one of the ones that pos repped and neg repped accordingly.
The car sections never veered from the questions at hand, the off topic went cuckoo with the rep thing, but so what? Lot of n00b's got ticked off, but they all eventually came back. I was a n00b there and even though there were no rep points I got my earful of smart *** comments from other members.
Its like entering a pack of wolves, either you fit in or you're chased out to try again.
Bottom line its the internet, Al Gore's love child. Take it or leave it.

Herein lies the problem. Why the hell isn't it a priority for him? He's taking in a lot of money from sponsors and users, FAR more than is neccessary to pay the forum's operating costs, but he can't be arsed to run the place? When you ask him to do something as minor as activate a new user account, he's all "hey, this is my hobby, leave me alone!" but if you're happy with services provided by a non-sponsor and you post about it, it's considered free advertising, the posts are edited or deleted, and instead it's "hey man, you're messing with my business!" Ben Treynor had to buy Protomotive a sponsorship so he could talk about his own damn car. Give me a break.

Cant anwser that nor will I try to defend him, whatever his position is its his website and if I got a email from and owner of a website I was trying to join and got that response "hey its my hobby leave me alone" that is exactly what I would do, my joining the site of someone who would say that, my reply to him would be to go and play in traffic.

OK, didnt know that, does it really matter? Everyone goes where they are happiest.

The internet is like a TV, you dont like something you are seeing/hearing/reading, CHANGE it.

Glad to hear that you agree with that, see great minds think alike,

There are good and bad in EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE. Its how we chose to filter that and get over the bad to highlite the good, thats the key. Me thinks anyway.

I enjoy both sites and lurk here more than I post, like I said I am Porscheless for now so I am just soaking in all the info and anxiously waiting to see what Porsche brings with the new GT2.

Bajo
Old 03-04-2007, 12:20 PM
LuisGT3
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Bajo,
We need to get you another GT2 while this new one comes out.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Zippy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist 996TT Forum: Threads=7,267 & Posts=66,741

6Speed 996TT Forum: Threads=16,969 & Posts=260,182

This isn't a fair compair because Rennlist has been around for much longer than 6Speed. So as far as daily average volume is concerned Rennlist is a true snail... but I still like it.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
Mikelly
Rennlist Member

Received 152 Likes on 69 Posts

Well I've just registered using my company email, so we'll see how it goes...

They're supposed to get back to me...
Mike
Old 03-04-2007, 02:25 PM
mikerosi
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

In my opinion, the proprietors of 6speedonline profit from the content provided by the users while doing nothing in return other than the minimum required to ensure the sponsor money keeps rolling in. In my opinion, that is sleazy and unethical.

I agree 100%!
Can you say: CLUELESS?? Hey Redman just go to that site and see for yourself. "4 times"??? It is the other way round my friend. Time to put your meds away!!! Oh did I mention: I LIKE BOTH SITES!!!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Red Comet
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lexpro
How do you know this? Where is website-specific traffic information available?
On the main forum page of both sites.

Rennlist has had 327,600+ threads and 3,859,500+ posts since January 2, 2003
6speedonline has had 68,700+ threads and 922,200+ posts since July 9, 2003

Of course, you can't really search through any messages prior to January 2006 on 6speedonline, so it's not much of a resource. In over a year, the administrator has yet to spend the 15-30 seconds necessary to correct the problem:

1) log in to vBulletin Control Panel
2) click "Maintenance"
3) click "Update Counters"
4) click "Rebuild Search Index"

All of 6speedonline's other ills could be corrected just as easily.

Quick Reply: 6speedonline WTF???