Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experiences out there with the 9ff tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2003, 10:40 PM
gl911
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had a very nice chat with Jan Fatthauer a couple of days ago and he is a nice guy, that got caught into someone (Ballot) talking him into a one way partnership only. Ballot still owes 9ff quite some money. 9ff is getting some awesome reviews in Europe, specially for their iron fist in a velvet glove approach, that is very powerful (the latest engine is testing at 780 hp+) with some (too?) conservative looks.

I might give them a try on my 996 TT.
Old 10-31-2003, 02:16 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Hi everyone,

A bit of good news!

This week, Jan Fatthauer has come through with returning my deposit for the 9ff parts. So I am now out roughly $8k as it stands now. +50% recovery of expenses so far.

On October 20, 2003, I received a shipment of 6 packages containing 9ff parts. After I recieve money toward the shipping cost, I will be shipping these packages back to 9ff.

As for , I have not heard or seen anything from him or his company. A suit has been filed and I am waiting for the next steps of the legal process.
Old 11-08-2003, 11:49 PM
ashoof
Track Day

So

jro996turbo After All the 9ff germany (Jan Fatthauer) is paying you after all. i think the german Jan Fatthauer is a good person after all haa i think that you should not throw the blame on the Jan Fatthauer since you did not satel the issue with the USA-9ff and i think that the good will from Jan Fatthauer who is trying to help i am from Dubai and i think that (Jan Fatthauer) is the one who is been takin for a ride from all this cuz he have to fix your problem and the USA-9ff problem so the poor guys is fiexing you both give the guy the benefit of a dought and give him the time so he take care of his problem with this guy in us and fix you

thank you again
Old 11-09-2003, 01:55 AM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Ashoof,

First, this is not a problem that I created. 9ff was given an opportunity to provide a product and a service to me, the customer. They failed. I purchased from 9ff, kits that were to perform to an agreed 'in writing' specification, and were to be professionally installed in a specific time frame. This did not happen. The specifications and the the time frame were never satisfied, amongst other unethical practices. The legal term is "breach of contract and fraud."

Jan should be more careful in who he hires as employees. It is not my fault for his mistake. The same person that he hired/fired is now working for some other company, possibly defrauding other people.

I am very happy that Jan did eventually step up and pay me back most of my deposit back. I am still out 8-10k USD due to this whole ordeal. I understand that Jan has also been taken by his employee, and I wish him well in pursuing a fair outcome in his matters.
Old 01-27-2004, 01:59 PM
camcayenne
Advanced

Default the damage is done

Well done 9ff germany for coming through in the end, problem is is that it is too little too late. They should have taken full responsibility from the outset. My feeling is that they have tried so I would be ok ordering cosmetic parts from them, but that I would not trust them for any major work..
Old 10-29-2006, 03:06 PM
qirex
Racer

wow...crazy chapter.

I guess I got *lucky*.

My exhaust has been great, but my bud juts got burned by these crooks.

they actually convinced him to go around their US dealer and deal direct - to save some money...that should have been the first clue that he was dealing with bad apples.

Quick Reply: Any experiences out there with the 9ff tuner?