Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any experiences out there with the 9ff tuner?

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2003, 01:46 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fred,

I am glad to hear that your experience was handled to your satisfaction. My situation has been going on since the end of May of this year. I tried multiple times to settle with Jan and in a more private ways, but they seem not to be able to do what is fair. This is not what I would like to do with my time.

They breached the agreement between myself and them in many ways, not to mention all of the lying to gain my business. For that, I will be very persistent with my actions, and hold both of these people responsible.

Thanks for your support, I only hope that these two people come to their senses soon and do what is right and fair.
Old 08-04-2003, 02:52 PM
sharkster
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 85 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally posted by cjv
Sharkster,

Let's not be too quick on judgement. According to John, he was taken. I have seen some non functioning 9ff suspension parts and John has relayed a horror story about a 9ff engine performance kit. It appears 9ff Germany has disassociated it's with 9ff USA. However, we have not heard from 9ff Germany. I believe John previously said 9ff Germany stated to him they were prevented by German law from doing anything. I am not sure I really believe the German law is the problem. I believe 9ff Germany could help make things right if they were so inclined. We seem to be assuming the problem lies with 9ff USA. I have talked to 9ff USA or what was formally 9ff USA today. I don't want to any say anything further until 9ff Germany has had a chance to answer the e-mail.
I still think it's really up to 9ff Germany to clear their name. OK the USA outfit may not represent them anymore but regardless they are still responsible in my book... I just hope they do the right thing, it certainly would do wonders for the reputation also.
Old 08-04-2003, 03:14 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Below is my attempt (forwarded by email) to shame them in to doing something.

"Gentlemen,

I hope you are aware that because of the Agent you chose to represent you in the USA your products are receiving very specific unfavorable attention; and your reputation is at significant risk.

It is good business to care of your customers, who do business with you, and your agents, in good faith.

You can help yourselves by "stepping up to the plate" and fixing previous mistakes. Nobody expects perfection, but everyone demands responsibility. That is how successful American businesses operate and grow.

I don't know specific numbers but many worldwide will read this message on the web. I will also post your response.

Trusting that your sense of decency and honor prevail."
Old 08-04-2003, 09:04 PM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

I guess 9ff reads these posts

Here is an email I just received shortly after my post. Funny how he gets defensive. I stated in my post that I had no problems with them. I was just commenting on them calling me multiple times a day, which he did!

------ Forwarded Message
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 21:06:06 -0700 (PDT)
To: fcourtot@qualys.com
Subject: Question

Fred

I would like to know why are you telling that I was trying to call you 2-3 times a day you know that is not true. The only reason why I was trying to reach you, is because I just wanted to know why you decide to sell the 9ff rear wing ? that is it.I think before you make any committment about what's happened with John Olson wait just a few days and you will discover certain things maybe after that you can make your own judgement.

But remember we never had any problems together regarding our business transactions therefore your comment is surprising me.

Best regards

President
Old 08-04-2003, 09:42 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Colm and Chad, Thanks for your support. I wish 9ff would put this situation right.

I wonder if Jan understands that it is not me that is damaging his reputation, but himself and his choice of employees. in the past weeks, I have had a little contact with Jan through an individual on the east coast.

I have had emails from Jan telling me that he can not do anything due to German law, and that I have to get my money from his US employee. He did say that he would email his employee and demand that this person pay me my money. Other than that, basically refusing to make the situation right for me.

So, is he doing something for me? No check in the mail.

As for the products being O.K. The motor kit did not produce what was advertised or was warrantied to produce. After 10 weeks, it was time to pull the plug. The agreement "contract" was for 2 weeks.

The suspension is defective. Rattles, rubbing, and a blown shock. I have pictures and an expert opinion on this subject.

9ff Germany was the origin for the parts, I would say I good start for Jan Fatthauer would be to refund the cost of the parts @ $11,610.

As far as believing what is posted on this forum, I have been truthful. No one likes to air their dirty underwear in public, but without these kinds of exchanges, I am most certain that 9ff 'the whole company' would be ignoring customers like me, and moving on to their next victim.

I wish 9ff would pay me my damages, before they completely damage their ability to do business.

I should also mention that the attorney General of AZ assigned a reference to my complaint. For previous customers of 9ff USA with legitimate complaints, please reference 'CIC 03-17563 9FF USA'. This will assist in prioritizing their efforts.

Last edited by jro996turbo; 08-04-2003 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-04-2003, 10:23 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Fred,

Funny isn't it. is still using the 9ff name to send his BS. Tells us how you provided a customer reference testimonial for 9ff USA on their website? Were you asked to provide this, or was it made up?

I know the one that was supposed to be from me, was fraudulent. I never gave permission, nore did I give one.
Old 08-05-2003, 06:45 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

I received an email from Jan today. He wanted to know why I'm being so hard on 9ff in Germany. I told him that I want my money back. He also wanted me to communicate here in this forum that he made the effort, back on June 19th, to travel to Arizona from Germany to troubleshoot my car. Unfortunately, he promised me that he would be there on Tuesday the 17th of June. I made arrangements to be there on Tuesday, and when he did not show, I took my car that next day. This on top of all the misrepresentations from his agent. I thought that enough is enough.

I did this due to to the following facts:

The job was agreed to take 2 weeks, not 10 weeks.
My engine was removed a total of 3 times.
My car was dyno tested the first few days of June. Between Jan and his sponsored shop, nothing could be resolved. Ten dyno runs were done with varying fuels.

I should also mention that I was promised that my car would be ready for pickup during the week of May 19th, Tuesday/Wednesday. I spent my time and money ($1600) and ended up leaving without my car. I was told that 9ff would take care of the expense. I guess this was a lie.

So was I wrong with taking my Porsche from 9ff after what I had been through? Help me with this question please.....

He is blaming everyone but himself for my experience. I was under the impression that I was doing business with 9ff, they were sub-contracting with a shop that they had done business with before in the US, and that everyone involved was doing their part.

In todays email he offered to to install the 9ff motor kit "all expenses paid by him" to prove to me that the stuff really works. Not for me. Once burned shame on 9ff, twice burned shame on me. No mention of the defective suspension. What about the $24k. I want my money back.

Last edited by jro996turbo; 08-05-2003 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-05-2003, 07:10 PM
Fred TTX50
Instructor

What about contacting some of the porsche publications and doing a story on your experience? I guarrantee 9ff will be more than willing to pay you instead of taking a chance at losing all of it's remaining credibility.

my $.02
Old 08-05-2003, 07:24 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

Fred,

Great idea. I will consider your suggestion after I take this company to court. They are just playing with me right now, thinking I will just go away. I'm in the hole almost $24k now, so it is worth my while to go forward with this in a more serious way.
Old 08-05-2003, 08:39 PM
Oak
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts

If this company doesn't come to their senses and does the right thing, I guarantee you they won't be around too much longer. It's not a question about 9ff USA or 9ff GErmany it's about 9ff period. They are the ones that granted the licensing to that individual, they should burden the responsibilty, the buck stops there 9ff-Germany, it's their parts isn't it?

WTF? Do the right thing.....How can you guys sleep at night knowing you ****ed over this person? This is out right BS. Don't you guys want to maintain your credibilty? Or you just don't give a ****?
Old 08-05-2003, 11:00 PM
03-C4S
Racer

They do read this board, I know that for a fact. They were harrassing me when I considered to do any other bodywork to my car other than 9ff. 9ff wanted me to do the engine conversion and be the first one to show their product, or pretty much first ***. Thank god, my father convinced me out of it. Like Fred, Federic would call me at least 3-4 times a day, around 6-7 am starting and all the way to the evening asking when I was going to ship my car, etc.. He give me this great deal, which is private and not to be revealed to anyone else, he was taking care of me, etc... all bs to me at the time and this is being proven by him and his comapny now. They wanted to do an engine upgrade, front bumper, interior work, etc.. My experience was just for a wing, thank goodness. It took about two months longer, it was a complete piece of crap, needed over 40 hours of labor to make right, etc.. I was completely overcharged for the piece then they inform me when it comes in I still owe them for shipping from Germany. I had to always pre-pay in full for everything, before I could get everything. Well I am sorry to hear this happening to John, but this company needs to be put out of business. Federic before had a problem a few years ago when he was doing Jaguar tunning and was taken out of business. Now he should be kicked out for good, put at end to this jerk off. We should all come together as a board and put an effort to take him down. I have filed a complaint to help John in this situation, as I was screwed over in costs, etc.. but not close to John, however, I hope I can help him out.
Old 08-06-2003, 05:18 AM
aka 951
Pro

If I can be of any help, let me know - I'm an attorney in CA. This sounds like an absolutely horrible situation and I wish you the best. Sounds to me like 9ff does not understand that in the US the customer is always right. This is definitely NOT the place to be learning that lesson!
Old 08-06-2003, 12:02 PM
jro996turbo
Instructor

03-C4S,

Thanks for coming out and exposing your experience with this company. As you are aware there are others that have been treated in the same manner as you and I. Some are dealers that came on board to represent 9ff's products. Everytime I dig a little further I find situations that are unacceptable. I would like to see a stop to this kind of behavior of taking peoples money, not giving anything in return, and the breaking promises, not to mention the character and integity issues that exist.

aka 951,

Thanks very much. I am presently working with an attorney in Phoenix. He is well respected, and we are working well together. His practice areas are a fit for what might need to happen to get this company to do the right thing. I am prepared to take this to court if the action is required.

Thanks again everyone for your support. Without you, I am sure that I would be ignored by this company. I'm sure that by now someone else would be suffering a similar fate as myself.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:38 PM
viperbob
Former Vendor

John,

All I can say reading this entire post is WOW. What a terrible thing you are going through to get what you deserve. I hope it works out for you.

What strikes me reading this post is the total contrast with another Rennlisters experience recently with RUF. They sent out a representative to the guys house to fix a defective part. So RUF does everything possbile to protect their name, reputation and willing to do what they need to in the name of customer service. Then there is this complete and horrible cluster f*@&. So who do you think will be in business next year??? Maybe Jan in Germany should read that post and see what his competition does to create happy and loyal customers....

Really John, good luck.
Old 08-06-2003, 01:50 PM
03-C4S
Racer

Their is no customer service, b/c this bum Federic works out of his apartment, he claims Suite 2139, but it is really Apt 2139. My attorney found out all this information before and contacted the apartment association that he rents out of and informed my attorney that is illegal to conduct any business out of the building. He is a crook and should not even be given a chance to do business with anyone, regardless, put an end to him. Then their prices are extremely overpriced, the best program out there is Evo and 9ff charges double? Who are they trying to kid? $60,000 plus for 700hp, go to Evo for about half of that you get 700hp, reliability, quality, real customer service from a well established company, and the "Spa Weekend"

Quick Reply: Any experiences out there with the 9ff tuner?