Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2002, 04:06 AM
turbocarrera.
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Zach Pruett:
<strong>

The stock motor will last 60k+ miles pushing 800hp</strong><hr></blockquote>

60K miles eh? Stock motor.. First of all the motor aint stock.. yaya I know you mean stock crank rods etc.. 60k miles of put put around town no doubt..
Old 11-28-2002, 04:12 AM
Zach Pruett
Advanced

[quote]Originally posted by tony hersikorn:
<strong>

60K miles eh? Stock motor.. First of all the motor aint stock.. yaya I know you mean stock crank rods etc.. 60k miles of put put around town no doubt..</strong><hr></blockquote>
No, like I said before STOCK MOTOR.
Old 11-28-2002, 09:18 PM
John.
User

There really ins't that much of a comparison between a Supra TT and a 996 TT, but I totally respect the fact that the Supra can make that kind of HP. I agree with the German gent, there is no way you could run flat out with that much boost for extended periods of time. My Audi runs 21 psig of boost and I don't dare hold it open out on the highway.

I think there is a lot ot be said for German reliability in cars, but they too have come down in quality over the years. Still though, they are built to travel at high speeds for extended periods of time. No Supra or Japanese car is designed with that being the sole purpose. This is what makes German cars unique and able to run in that manner for long periods of time.

Quick Reply: 996TT Vs Supra TT