Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double-Din Stereo Install Retaining Bose & MOST Interface (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2019, 10:35 AM
BMiller33
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by docwyte
Is your seicane box working correctly? Mine is powering off after a few minutes. Also, more notes on how/where you installed the noise suppressor?
Seicane working fine, ordering the noise suppressor, don't currently have it installed (it is needed). I am using the Alpine shallow double din unit (ILX-W650) I have a ton of space behind it where all the wires and seicane unit is installed, will put the suppressor there as well.

https://rennlist.com/forums/996-foru...ggestions.html
Old 10-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Harley42
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

I returned the Kenwood and went with a Pioneer HU, and it works really great! I wasn’t happy w/ HD2 reception, and Pioneer works. It may also have to do with the Porsche powered antenna in the pillar on pax side, easy to get too, AND made sure it was properly powered, And grounded. No whine, no his and HD2 stations work like they’re supposed too, Alpine amplifier with my Bose speakers, all work great together!
Old 10-22-2019, 09:31 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by docwyte
Is your seicane box working correctly? Mine is powering off after a few minutes. Also, more notes on how/where you installed the noise suppressor?
No problems with the Seicane box here. Wish I’d been able to solve the noise as the suppressor as it is kind of admitting defeat, but didn’t want to keep roughing up the trim testing stuff. The Scoshe suppressor fit nice and snug in one the two little cavities on either side of where the radio frame slides in. I just velcroed the Seicane box onto the back oh the HU. Hopefully nothing will be bouncing around in there.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 PM
Harley42
Rennlist Member

Default Secsne box

Originally Posted by jayzbird
No problems with the Seicane box here. Wish I’d been able to solve the noise as the suppressor as it is kind of admitting defeat, but didn’t want to keep roughing up the trim testing stuff. The Scoshe suppressor fit nice and snug in one the two little cavities on either side of where the radio frame slides in. I just velcroed the Seicane box onto the back oh the HU. Hopefully nothing will be bouncing around in there.
. I don’t know what a secane box is
Old 10-22-2019, 10:11 PM
Harley42
Rennlist Member

Default Or the suppressor

Originally Posted by Harley42
. I don’t know what a secane box is
or the suppressor. I left everything up to the guy at best buy
Old 10-22-2019, 11:48 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

You’ve got to read the whole book to understand the ending🤓
Old 10-28-2019, 06:47 PM
BMiller33
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How to disable the parking brake signal for the stereo? I tried running it to ground, didn't work. Thanks
Old 10-28-2019, 08:54 PM
Harley42
Rennlist Member

Default Parking brake signal

well I don’t usually engage the parking brakes as it’s pretty flat around here. So I don’t know about a light
Old 10-28-2019, 10:52 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by BMiller33
How to disable the parking brake signal for the stereo? I tried running it to ground, didn't work. Thanks
Sorry can’t help on that one. On my Sony the only live wires I have going into the harness are power and ground.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:23 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by BMiller33
Search Amazon for a "Parking Brake Bypass". Pioneer changed it's systems a few years ago so the unit wouldn't be fooled by just grounding the wire. I'm sure others followed. They aren't expensive, and I've used one for two different installations now.
Old 11-26-2019, 04:28 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Seicane SC69 2003-2012 Porsche Cayenne Car Optical Fiber Decoder Most Box Bose Harmon Kardon Digital Audio Amplifier Optic Interface Converter

Is it something about how these work that restricts them to two channels? Has anyone found one with 4?
Old 01-21-2020, 01:21 PM
Drinaldis
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Just finished up a double din install on my '03 using the CAI kit. Pretty much plug and play after a bunch of calls to Rod on the toll free line. Of course I broke the cup holder face plate so there goes $320. Sigh.. Some of my switches on the horseshoe are not seated or the snaps are broken. If you push on them they fall into the opening. Anyone else see this?
Old 01-21-2020, 01:51 PM
Harley42
Rennlist Member

Default Double din install

[QUOTE=Drinaldis;16368223]Just finished up a double din install on my '03 using the CAI kit. Pretty much plug and play after a bunch of calls to Rod on the toll free line. Of course I broke the cup holder face plate so there goes $320. Sigh.. Some of my switches on the horseshoe are not seated or the snaps are broken. If you push on them they fall into the opening. You may have to get s new horse shoe as the nibs that hold the buttons , i think, are on the horseshoe. I seem to remember on one of the Porsche parts sites, you vould buy just the face plate. I too, need to do that as my car came with the same problem. I’ve don pretty much all the other repairs, just haven’t gotten to the last 2 repairs yet. But i reall think its out there. Save a bunch. Think it either slips or snaps on. I’m gonna look myself.
Old 01-21-2020, 03:18 PM
m54samrr
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Emefef
Seicane SC69 2003-2012 Porsche Cayenne Car Optical Fiber Decoder Most Box Bose Harmon Kardon Digital Audio Amplifier Optic Interface Converter

Is it something about how these work that restricts them to two channels? Has anyone found one with 4?
Something I am interested in as well, will do a bit more research on the 4 channels.
Old 01-23-2020, 02:36 PM
m54samrr
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by m54samrr
Something I am interested in as well, will do a bit more research on the 4 channels.
So sent them an email, not sure what I expected beyond a bit more information:

"tosales

Tue, Jan 21, 11:28 AM (2 days ago)

I'm looking at updating the radio head unit in my car and was interested in using one of your decoders to be able to still use the rest of the Bose sound system in my car. I believe the model I need is the SC69 but wanted to confirm. Will this retain the 4 channels in the car, front/back, right/left? Thank you in advance,

sales@seicane.com <sales@seicane.com>

to me

Wed, Jan 22, 4:10 AM (1 day ago)

yes,it could support 4 channels in the car, .
and you could buy the SC69 to support Bose sound systemAmy"

so there you go, I'll buy one anyway to see how it goes.

Last edited by m54samrr; 01-23-2020 at 03:28 PM.

Quick Reply: Double-Din Stereo Install Retaining Bose & MOST Interface (Long)