Notices
996 Turbo Forum 1999-2005
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double-Din Stereo Install Retaining Bose & MOST Interface (Long)

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2020, 08:57 AM
elgatowis
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOST Adapter

So I have the same stock radio and am thinking about doing the same install. Does the stock Fiber adapter that normally goes into the radio fit into this Secaine box? If not how do you connect the Fiber cables into the MOST adapter? thanks!
Old 09-29-2020, 10:26 AM
docwyte
Rennlist Member

Received 515 Likes on 346 Posts

They plug right in
Old 09-29-2020, 10:50 AM
elgatowis
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by docwyte
They plug right in
Great thanks
Old 04-10-2021, 07:58 PM
k9turbo
Three Wheelin'

Received 260 Likes on 212 Posts

thanks jayzbird. this is exactly what i needed and will be reading it all twice. hope i can source all the parts etc.

hard to believe i need to bring this to the car audio guy. maybe i need a different car audio place.
Old 04-10-2022, 01:36 PM
Dranon
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 141 Posts

Any follow up on the Seicane unit supporting 4 channels?

Last edited by Dranon; 04-10-2022 at 01:40 PM.
Old 04-10-2022, 10:22 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Received 255 Likes on 176 Posts

It’s only 2 channel, so no. But if you adjust the fader setting to your preference pre-install, it should hold it.
Old 04-17-2022, 03:03 PM
Scrh1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Hey jayzbird! Spot on about the converter! I acquired your prior ride and have since fixed the alternator whine ( too many grounds….I removed them all and no,whine once I grounded to the phone jack ). and actually reverted to the stock system with a blu transit and it iis working great ( calls with no background noise after routing mic up to a -pillar and zero whine once the most converter was removed). This also solved a pesky dashboard blanking issue that had to do with the dimmer. All solved now and no more dash blanking out on me while driving. I too messed with multiple most converters and they never hit the mark sound wise compared to the factory without a ton of work , speaker replacement etc ( I Did all this on my 04’ 996 c2 6mt that is non Bose however a MOST system. End of the day we have a fiber based token ring net.work in our cars that’s a pain in the rear to upgrade.

my conclusion is that short if rewiring the whole stereo and amp etc, we are struck with what we have and the BT modulator solutions allow great sound, streaming, and overall retains look of car with modern abilities. Thx - Scrh1

PS - I need to get up to VIR this summer and hope to connect with you and Victor at some point to wring this upgraded ride out I’ve revised the tune, exhaust, IC’s and turbos so it is even more fun

Last edited by Scrh1; 04-17-2022 at 03:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 01:55 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Scrh1
Hey jayzbird! Spot on about the converter! I acquired your prior ride and have since fixed the alternator whine ( too many grounds….I removed them all and no,whine once I grounded to the phone jack ). and actually reverted to the stock system with a blu transit and it iis working great ( calls with no background noise after routing mic up to a -pillar and zero whine once the most converter was removed). This also solved a pesky dashboard blanking issue that had to do with the dimmer. All solved now and no more dash blanking out on me while driving. I too messed with multiple most converters and they never hit the mark sound wise compared to the factory without a ton of work , speaker replacement etc ( I Did all this on my 04’ 996 c2 6mt that is non Bose however a MOST system. End of the day we have a fiber based token ring net.work in our cars that’s a pain in the rear to upgrade.

my conclusion is that short if rewiring the whole stereo and amp etc, we are struck with what we have and the BT modulator solutions allow great sound, streaming, and overall retains look of car with modern abilities. Thx - Scrh1

PS - I need to get up to VIR this summer and hope to connect with you and Victor at some point to wring this upgraded ride out I’ve revised the tune, exhaust, IC’s and turbos so it is even more fun
I hope you didn’t acquire mine as this is what it looked like last time I saw it! Not the preferred way to get rid of alternator whine. Anyway, glad you got it all working.

Old 04-19-2022, 08:16 AM
Scrh1
Rennlist Member

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Yikes ! My mistake…..I had you mistaken for another user with a very similar name and posts. Thx - scrh1
Old 03-09-2023, 01:41 PM
jabes87
2nd Gear

Default Mounting Advice?

Awesome write up, really helped me install a Pioneer AVH2400 NEX into my '04C4S.

Wondering if anyone has advice for durable mounting setup? Pictures appreciated. Currently everything works but squeaks and moves a little with bumps...The old frame that I removed to install this double din doesn't seem like it will fit over the new carriage.
Old 03-10-2023, 10:47 PM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jabes87
Awesome write up, really helped me install a Pioneer AVH2400 NEX into my '04C4S.

Wondering if anyone has advice for durable mounting setup? Pictures appreciated. Currently everything works but squeaks and moves a little with bumps...The old frame that I removed to install this double din doesn't seem like it will fit over the new carriage.
Glad you found the post helpful. Did you remove the old frame entirely or cut it down so the metra would slide in? Should be the latter. The metra has good instructions on where to cut. I cut the old frame just enough to allow the metra to slide in with a little bit of encouragement. The snug fit basically held everything in place. At least~ 3 years ago you could still order the Porsche frame for not much $, so no big concern irreparably cutting it.

Last edited by jayzbird; 03-11-2023 at 12:41 AM.
Old 03-12-2023, 04:29 PM
jabes87
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by jayzbird
Glad you found the post helpful. Did you remove the old frame entirely or cut it down so the metra would slide in? Should be the latter. The metra has good instructions on where to cut. I cut the old frame just enough to allow the metra to slide in with a little bit of encouragement. The snug fit basically held everything in place. At least~ 3 years ago you could still order the Porsche frame for not much $, so no big concern irreparably cutting it.

I just trimmed the old frame for the new one to fit in, but I think the issue I ran into (discovered this excellent page after I struggled for a bit...) is that I ordered the sun coast kit (https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/9X6DDIN.html), which does NOT have a metra dash piece that fits snug into the slot... For those in a similar jam, I did find this Spiral Audio dash kit (http://www.spiralaudio.com/index.php...product_id=250) and ordered it; fingers crossed it will work whenever it arrives.

Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2023, 02:35 AM
jayzbird
Burning Brakes

I don’t recall that kit being available when I did mine. Nice to have another option. Please post your results to add to the brain trust!

Quick Reply: Double-Din Stereo Install Retaining Bose & MOST Interface (Long)