Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2021, 04:14 PM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Buyer's fee is 5%. So adding up it is: $77,000 + $3,850= $80,850 including BaT fee.
Old 01-04-2021, 04:29 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Received 136 Likes on 81 Posts

Seems like a great deal for the seller all things considered. No significant servicing to speak of. Coolant lines, clutch, diff, dampers all untouched and original...
The following users liked this post:
dynosoar1 (01-05-2021)
Old 01-04-2021, 06:26 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

I agree with the post above, Seller did well today on this car. Not knock it out of the park well, but good with all things considered!

I am really interested to see what the future brings with these cars... (next 1-3 years).
Old 01-04-2021, 06:58 PM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

I am looking for a mint condition gt3 in silver. If anyone on here is interested in selling, let me know. I'm located in Los Angeles. You can private message me.
Old 01-04-2021, 09:12 PM
dynosoar1
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

I am looking for a well maintained driver 6GT3 in any color......miles less important than service history. PM me with any leads or if you're selling...I'm in Sacramento
Old 01-05-2021, 01:52 AM
dynosoar1
Advanced

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
I have to say, I am not too thrilled with BAT. Right after my bid of $65,500 put me in the lead again, the Seller conveniently mentioned the Carfax showing an engine replacement/issue with the Carfax. I emailed BAT immediately to bring this to their attention, and received an email today, after I was outbid, that basically states no harm no foul...since I was outbid.

I have asked that they clarify how this would have played out if I were to have been the winner of the auction. I am awaiting their response.

Happy to discuss what your thoughts are on this as I think it is up for debate whether I indeed misstepped, the Seller, or BAT did.

This is the problem with BAT.....I found the issue in Question simply by reviewing the Carfax and looking at the car in person and then talking with the owner in person. They quickly remedied the issue by calling the dealer and getting clarification of the “engine replacement”. Personally, I wish our community would simply work together with our PCars and leave BAT out of it. It’s a fat fee just thrown away on these cars that could be beneficial to both buyer and seller. These cars sell themselves they don’t need an auction site. People just like the game. My $0.02 which is worth even less likely...but not personally a fan.
The following users liked this post:
TopPorscheFan (05-03-2021)
Old 01-05-2021, 11:44 AM
craina
Rennlist Member

No doubt BAT should have caught this issue and noted it in the listing. That said, potential bidders/buyers should always do their own due diligence (including but not limited to studying the carfax report). BAT or elsewhere.
Old 01-05-2021, 11:59 AM
Olemiss540
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by craina
No doubt BAT should have caught this issue and noted it in the listing. That said, potential bidders/buyers should always do their own due diligence (including but not limited to studying the carfax report). BAT or elsewhere.
Agreed.

If anything BAT provides a public forum that allows for the BAT crazies to pick apart every tiny flaw and issue devaluing a potential sale. Not many sale forums provide such extensive sale input and criticism and I personally think that is part of the reason their cars sell at a good price. Many cars went from expecting high dollar to not meeting reserve due to this type of public input that would tend to work more for the seller.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:03 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I think the real problem may be that the seller didn't upload the Carfax. Carfax is increasingly less reliable, and it has mostly to do with how they "buy" the data. The engine had been out for repair, which is no big deal. Mine came out to weld the coolant pipes. In the end you got the info you needed. I'm not sure a factory engine replacement would have been a problem anyway. I think BaT does a remarkable job, and overall keeps sellers on the up and up. I've both bought and sold on BaT and they did a good job for me. My experience with BaT is that they put a lot of effort into making sure the cars are represented honestly and that bidding is fair. I've seen them close an auction more than once when a question came up that could affect value couldn't be resolved quickly. Usually those those cars are right back up with the needed info.

For sellers, BaT provides a platform with access to many more potential buyers than our community could provide on it's own. For buyers, many more cars. No car sells itself. You have to get the word out to potential buyers.

The BaT community really keeps sellers honest. Although I get weary of the repetitive "has the IMS been done" questions there are many of us with lots of experience with various cars, and many with sharp eyes. Some commenters can be brutal, but the end result is a more complete representation than you could get otherwise without seeing in person.

I suspect, had the engine been replaced and you had been the winning bidder who didn't find out until post facto, BaT would have refunded your money and relisted the auction.

Personally I think the 5% buyers fee is more than reasonable especially with a $5000 max. I just build that into my max bid which I generally decide on well before close of auction. These GT3's will be breaking the six figure mark in the not too distant future.

Good luck with finding the right car!

My depreciating .02.

Best,

Bob

Last edited by rebrewer; 01-05-2021 at 12:05 PM.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:10 PM
craina
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by rebrewer
I think the real problem may be that the seller didn't upload the Carfax.
I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure BAT now provides a Carfax report to sellers for free.
Old 01-05-2021, 12:32 PM
rebrewer
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

I believe that's correct. The seller may have told them he already had the Carfax and never submitted it for upload. I'm not sure why bidders/watchers didn't ask for it at the beginning. Picky crowd.
Old 01-05-2021, 02:17 PM
rsabeebe
Rennlist Member

Received 1,009 Likes on 657 Posts

not sure what the overall impact of the carfax 'discrepancy' was, but it bugs me that a simple mistake in recording or translating a repair order can be a blemish on a car like this. i realize it may be better than not having a source like carfax at all, but you should be able to clear up a matter like this with them when they are clearly in the wrong. dings like this can really have a bearing on how people view the value of a car - even if completely inaccurate. yes, the owner could have researched it or 'fixed' the issue beforehand, but i'm not sure how quickly carfax is willing to update their records on something like this. just seems unfortunate for all involved.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 122 Likes on 53 Posts

If you pay for the CoA from Porsche it will show the engine and transmission serial numbers that are tied to the car. One way to figure it out. Not really feasible with a timed auction, but it's something the seller could have done beforehand to put the question to rest.
Old 01-05-2021, 03:19 PM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

BaT provides free carfax reports, which they link to on the auction page for each car. They started doing this within the past year I believe.
Old 01-05-2021, 04:14 PM
cgfen
Rennlist Member

Received 889 Likes on 585 Posts

Dang, this forum is getting a lot of traffic!
The following 3 users liked this post by cgfen:
engerman (01-06-2021), HDA (01-06-2021), Olemiss540 (01-06-2021)

Quick Reply: The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...