Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2020, 02:35 PM
Bmwm1
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts

carfax can be erroneous for sure. The seller is claiming that it was simply a engine out service , not engine replacement. Maybe true. In any event at $65k its a non issue and infact could be a bonus with a new engine at 20k miles.....

Again this is a online auction, bid accordingly. At 65k someone would be very happy if it went through but clearly a non issue as I bet the reserve is not close to being met.
The following users liked this post:
vtgt (12-29-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 04:56 PM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm also bidding on the BaT auction. Yea there do seem to be some issues which are less than ideal, such as the Carfax engine out notation, and the seemingly non-original color matched seatbacks.

Btw, I am looking for a good condition silver 996 gt3 if anyone has one for sale. Would prefer mileage in the 20-50k mile range. More specific, I'd want white faced gauges too. I'm located in Los Angeles.

I just signed up on here, since I figured it would be a good resource to find a gt3, which will be my first 911. I have an Integra Type R, so it seems like a gt3 will be similar in terms of "specialness."
Old 12-30-2020, 05:04 PM
ScottArizona
Rennlist Member

Received 775 Likes on 391 Posts

As funny as it sounds I really enjoy my white face gauges. It was not some thing that I was looking for or cared about but now that I have them I actually really like them!

paddlefoot64 (01-05-2021)
Old 12-30-2020, 11:17 PM
primal
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

I was the guy who bid to 65k, definitely not the seller. I already have a 996 GT3, but want another

The engine out was for the service, per the explanation, sounds like it checks out. It's a nice GT3.
Old 12-30-2020, 11:38 PM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Received 89 Likes on 61 Posts

No bidding war between us on this car, but I look forward to the next few.

I got a lead today on an 04’ in white...single owner 18k miles with no track time. Only issues are owner doesn’t really want to sell yet, and the number would be $100k+

Like I said before, look forward to the next few few auctions, and our bidding wars lol.
primal (12-31-2020)
Old 12-30-2020, 11:47 PM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

I'm gonna see how the BaT auction plays out. It's annoying that the front rotors have all those small cracks on them.

Question, referring to the post above, when is a 996 gt3 worth $100k? Or is that unreasonable at this point for even an ultra low mileage mint example?
Old 12-31-2020, 12:01 AM
94526GT3
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGT3996
I'm gonna see how the BaT auction plays out. It's annoying that the front rotors have all those small cracks on them.

Question, referring to the post above, when is a 996 gt3 worth $100k? Or is that unreasonable at this point for even an ultra low mileage mint example?
10k miles or less or rare color combos however with original seats this would have had a shot at 100k+. This car probably would be worth way more with the seats and all that carbon fiber optioned would have been rare. I had a figure the car would sell in the 75-82k range when listed although I had not noticed the seats. I think you can get a pair for 3k-5k if lucky when one comes for sale.

These cars are becoming so rare though so who knows what it will sell for? I got mine clean 2 owner 27k miles for 68k plus fees and owner had spent almost $10k in service that year. Just needed a real nice detailing and correction. If this sells anyway near 90k I will be happy. I wish my car had all that carbon fiber.

edit: I think someone mentioned this the first 996 gt3 on BaT for the year? May be another year before another comes around...

Last edited by 94526GT3; 12-31-2020 at 12:05 AM.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:12 AM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

There was the guards red one that RNM in the last month or two.
Old 12-31-2020, 12:32 AM
94526GT3
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

There was the guards red one that RNM in the last month or two.
Couldn’t find a guards red one. Just the white one in May which was a flip and the two in January.

I think people are beginning to realize what they have and not sell. I know I will never sell mine. My wife wants a new kitchen and to update the backyard. She even tempts me with adding a basketball court after selling. However every Sunday when I start her up I reaffirm my decision I have no intention to sell.

Old 12-31-2020, 01:25 AM
DaveGT3996
Advanced

Ah whoops, the red one was a 997.
Old 12-31-2020, 02:08 AM
primal
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

just cash out refinance it if you need to
Old 12-31-2020, 04:24 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by 94526GT3
Couldn’t find a guards red one. Just the white one in May which was a flip and the two in January.

I think people are beginning to realize what they have and not sell. I know I will never sell mine. My wife wants a new kitchen and to update the backyard. She even tempts me with adding a basketball court after selling. However every Sunday when I start her up I reaffirm my decision I have no intention to sell.
I updated our kitchen, did a new back yard, and front, andandand...
Go get in your car and ruin your hearing as much as possible so you can keeper for cheaper...
Old 12-31-2020, 05:09 AM
911mhawk
Rennlist Member

Received 187 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Indiana Jones
I have to say, I am not too thrilled with BAT. Right after my bid of $65,500 put me in the lead again, the Seller conveniently mentioned the Carfax showing an engine replacement/issue with the Carfax. I emailed BAT immediately to bring this to their attention, and received an email today, after I was outbid, that basically states no harm no foul...since I was outbid.

I have asked that they clarify how this would have played out if I were to have been the winner of the auction. I am awaiting their response.

Happy to discuss what your thoughts are on this as I think it is up for debate whether I indeed misstepped, the Seller, or BAT did.

BAT was originally designed as maybe it needs a trailer from what I perceive by the obvious, so a bad Carfax is perhaps no big deal to them?
When buying a car long distance/auction/similar w/o personal hands on the car and records, I'd say if you lose half the value because you didn't look deep, that's on you.
Carfax is regularly inaccurate from my own vehicle knowledge but I'd be happy to pay more for a new engine w/20k less if it made sense.

BAT's weird in their acceptance of cars and how they treat information/validation, maybe they just prefer caveat emptor at this point vs. the more costly business model that true auction sites pay for, yet also get duped on occassion.
Are they just a step above ebay because of some deceptive hyperbolian spin?
They selling other's pricey ****, taking a cut and ditching responsibility based on some sort of, "I didn't know it was 55 officer", or "ask no questions tell no lies".
We should all proceed as normal, do our own homework. At least there are sellers and buyers there that interact visibly in posts, seeming to check each other.

I submitted an e39 M5 in much better condition than several I've seen with higher mileage and provided disclosure of an accident repair with photos and they gave me the mid finger because of a branded title.
Local sale went great as evidenced by the buyer's drive home photo below.

Old 12-31-2020, 10:32 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

There are 6gt3's out there worth ~100k to the right buyer. 1 owner, no stories, right color combos can fetch that...of course I may be wrong.

The market is looking at them as collectibles now for sure as there are big ranges in prices, which could also be due to whether the car was a track rat or not, but the limited production numbers amongst a ton of other reasons has them appreciating.

Either way I am interested in watching the prices of them over the next couple of years.
Old 12-31-2020, 10:42 AM
Indiana Jones
Pro

Originally Posted by 94526GT3
10k miles or less or rare color combos however with original seats this would have had a shot at 100k+. This car probably would be worth way more with the seats and all that carbon fiber optioned would have been rare. I had a figure the car would sell in the 75-82k range when listed although I had not noticed the seats. I think you can get a pair for 3k-5k if lucky when one comes for sale.

These cars are becoming so rare though so who knows what it will sell for? I got mine clean 2 owner 27k miles for 68k plus fees and owner had spent almost $10k in service that year. Just needed a real nice detailing and correction. If this sells anyway near 90k I will be happy. I wish my car had all that carbon fiber.

edit: I think someone mentioned this the first 996 gt3 on BaT for the year? May be another year before another comes around...
Personally, this car is not worth more than 65k, and even that is a stretch. I bid it to 65.5k and l am relieved that I was outbid.

Reason being, these cars do come up for sale, this has a ton of owners and stories...

Swapped out seats and roll bar indicated it has had been tracked, bad rotors, etc. significant amount of owners, and a Carfax story.

Buyers are aware of the collectible value the 6gt3 brings to the table, and with all the little things going on, a lot of Buyers will hold out for a better overall car, even if the entry cost is 75-90k.

With fees and shipping this would have been a 70k car for me at my bid of 65.5k. I have passed/missed on a few cars around 70k, so they do exist.

Last edited by Indiana Jones; 12-31-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quick Reply: The 996 GT3 Cars For Sale Thread...