Sponsored by:

Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 11:56 PM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?

I've run on my car the stock mufflers, fs muffler bypass pipes, fs cat bypass pipes, fs maxflo mufflers, etc. The best sound I've enjoyed is from the stock mufflers combined with the cat bypass pipes.

However, the other day I heard the Cargraphics 410 kit. It has cross pipes sport cats (better sound quality than independent cats), headers and mufflers. The sound was really amazing, but the car owner couldn't drive so I couldn't enjoy it at full song.

Is the sound on the Europipe better than the Cargraphics system? Is there a better sound setup?

Please, ignore the crazy expensive Kreigseigg system, and please ignore the muffler bypass pipes. I'm looking for a better sound setup compared to stock, not a loud setup. Some people love the muffler bypass pipes, I hated them, they don't sound any good, they're just Fast&Furious loud.

I'm looking for something more refined than the stock system, something like the Cargraphics system, or something better, think Ferrari 348/F355 refined .
Old 06-27-2006, 12:26 AM
cosmos
Rennlist Member

Received 1,141 Likes on 628 Posts

I say get the Euro Pipe WITH a header system. That would sound awesome. Just ask for the loud version. Many will say it does not exist. I know of a place that might have a Europipe in stock.

I am not sure what headers. I would try Cargraphic first. Caveat is that it hangs very low. Maybe the supersprint system is better? Ohhh..I got it...

Get the Cup Car exhaust and drill in 02 sensors. That would be awesome sounding, or maybe Cup car headers.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:35 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A set of used GT3R headers are on sale for EUR 2550.-
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2006, 12:37 AM
Mr. C4
Drifting

and a complete used Cup system for EUR 1250.-
Attached Images  
Old 06-27-2006, 08:06 AM
930man
Rennlist Member

i know it sound crazy but i love the FVD with 100cell cats inexpensive and sounds very good under hard accel
Old 06-27-2006, 08:56 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

The GT3 Cup and the street GT3 use the same headers. The GT3 Cup exhaust is a direct bolt-on, but there are not holes for the second pair of oxygen sensor (or at least I could not see them on my inspection), much like the Euro GT3 exhaust with only two sensor holes instead of four.

I've heard the loud and the quiet version on the Cup exhaust, but it really doesn't sound that good. It's a different sound, but not the refinement I'm talking about.

Here is a sound clip from the Cargraphics system mentioned before:

Cragraphics 411Hp Kit - Headers, Cross Pipe Cats, Mufflers

Cargraphics loud mufflers:

Cargraphics Super Sound Mufflers
Old 06-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Larry Harris
Burning Brakes

Don't know what you're looking for but IMHO the Cargraphic Super Sound would be my choice. The Euro Pipe sounds great too.
Old 06-27-2006, 07:10 PM
MacGT3
Advanced

There are very few of these out there and they are hard to come by, but the PSI headers and exhaust sound the best.

I have been complemented many times at DE's and have heard all of the others, PSI is the badest and best in my opinion.

PSI is not a Rennlist sponsor and this should be kept in mind if you make an enquiry, however they do sound better and out perform all others.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:44 AM
johnfm
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the cargraphic. Sounds very good under hard accel, pops on the overrun - very pleasing to the ear.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:19 PM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

One word. Europipe. Every mod shop reports it is the best system they have ever heard or seen. They go on to say that it looks like jewlery. When I put on my 600 hp kit, I will be putting on the Europipe Stage II. Here is a link.

http://www.europipe.be/1024.html
Old 06-29-2006, 08:52 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Listening to the europipe, its just not in the same dimension as the kreissieg :

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.p...&oid=45&pid=59

I can almost see myself saving up for one. I think they've gone down in the US by a few K recently too. They do a non switchable one for a lot less too, if you haven't got noise regs at trackdays to worry about.
Old 06-29-2006, 09:26 PM
ltcjmramos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 98 Posts

I have the Super Sound Export (CARP96GT3ETS), and love 'em. Sound is crisp, and complements the GT3's scream from 6-8K rpm.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Mr. C4
Drifting

That Kreissieg is sweet! and the guy is really gunning it in what appears to be rush hour traffic! Nuts! Looks like the test drive is taking place in Japan, is Kreissieg Japanese? Any idea on how many decibel? Group buy?

Ciao,

Last edited by Mr. C4; 06-29-2006 at 11:05 PM.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:59 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

NJ,

Tubi makes a pretty spectacular sounding exhaust for the normal 996, i'm sure they must have a system for the GT3 or a soundclip on the website.

Other than that, Fabspeed seem to keep most happy, but probably not as refined as the sound you're looking for. Have you heard the Vivid Racing car with the Agency Power mufflers, maybe something to consider?
Old 06-30-2006, 09:07 AM
9Eleven
Three Wheelin'

Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by DanH
Listening to the europipe, its just not in the same dimension as the kreissieg :

http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/index.p...&oid=45&pid=59

I can almost see myself saving up for one. I think they've gone down in the US by a few K recently too. They do a non switchable one for a lot less too, if you haven't got noise regs at trackdays to worry about.
The kreissieg is nice, but is it worth in some cases double? I don't know any mod shop that has seen one much less put one on, but I do know mod shops that have seen and installed the europipe and they have heard it in person. They all say it is the most intoxicating exhaust they have ever heard and the quality of the pipe, welds, are second to none. For 4500k IMHO, the Europipe can't be beat.

Quick Reply: Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?