Old 07-27-2006, 03:26 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

This is JOE @ Fabspeed Motorsports.

I just cant allow this to go unanswered. Dont take this personally.

964 CUP cars, 993CUP cars and GT3 CUP cars all you EXCATLY the same HEADERS as the same streetcars.............this is because the aforemention 3 cars are SPEC production race cars and THEREFORE better headers are NOT needed. GT3 headers can be improved from OEM stock headers.

LEE WALCZAK DCLEE's Meisterschaft exhaust systems 100% LOST POWER versus a bone stock OEM GT3 Factory Porsche exhaust system. He paid an EXTRA $5000 to lose power BUT had the COOL stuff!

His mechanic and the guy that ran the dyno know it and it is because the X pipe was even WORSE than the "X cross pipes" you seem intrigued by that is offered by all the German European tuners. X pipes DONT make power versus straight pipes........the exhaust is doing to much work.

Many people assume the " RIGHT STUFF" comes from the Old Country and must cost and arm and a leg and the German accent & Supercup racing pedigree is important.

TUV has nothing to do WHATSOEVER with certification of power acheivement or validation of a power claim. TUV only means that the manufacturer submitted their parts to TUV as the parts are to be used for that vehicle as that is a German legal requirement. Japan has JIC and the USA has UL and all other developed nations have their own certifications or regulations. TUV approval DOES NOT MEAN UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES THAT THE TUV APPROVED PARTS IS BETTER THAN A NON TUV APPROVED PART! This is the oldest recurring BS "wives tale & myth". Dont get mad nor argue with me what I tell you is axiomatic and factual.

You have to get TUV to sell anything or anypart in Germany at any time. The German tuners "like to act and often state that TUV means better quality and something special'. It really means nothing.

I am sure that certain people will not listen to anthing of what I have stated and get all angry and flame me and yada yada.

I could bend up TITANIUM exhaust systems for all Porsche cars and BEAT everyone on price/lightness and hitech. TITANIUM does not work on Porsche exhaust systems as it will BLOW UP even if you look at it wrong when it gets hot. That is why everyone uses stainless steel and FERRARI used up many many Titanium mufflers on their 333SP race cars and that is WHY Formula 1 "that doesnot care about money" uses stainless steel for exhaust systems when they could have used titanium all day long or "transparent aluminum".
Best me up Scotty.

Kirk out.

PS Fabspeed Motorsports Sports Racing catalytic converters for the 996, GT3 and 996TT and 997TT are imported and comply with factory Porsche warranty and 50 sate emissions.

The best exhaust systems for your Porsche & Ferrari is made in the USA in NEW JERSEY & PENNSYLVANNIA!

Have a great day
Joe Fabiani
President & CEO

www.fabspeed.com
info@fabspeed.com 2156464945 (9828fax)
cars in stable

997Twin Turbo
993 ANDIAL
993 cabriolet
Ferrari 360 Spider 6 speed
930 Slant Cabrio coming>
---------------------waitlisted>>>>>>>>
2008 GT3RS
F430 SpiderF1
Old 07-27-2006, 05:15 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DC Lee's Meisterschaft exhaust 100% lost Power over stock system? As far as I remember, this car was moving pretty darn good, actually I have heard and seen his posts before somewhere: saying this meisterschaft exhaust system has brought good HP gain for his wheels - not lost and he was very pleased with the unit. some guy in NJ/PA claimed that this was not made out of titanium obviously without any knowledge about titanium material but it turns out to be one of the best system which was made out of 100% titanium alloy, he realized.

Moreover let's talk about Kreissieg F-1 unit, not meisterschaft unit, I really don't think people can argue with kreissieg's best Craftmanship. Product has a cool feature - best of both worlds: being quiet and extreme at the same time. User has this control - inside his vehicle cabin - simple switch operation. When it is on silent mode: you won't have to worry about waking up your neighbors but at the track or when you want to have a blast, time to wake this unit up and go. You don't have to be loud at all times, and I think this feature gets my vote and worth every penny I will be spending on this unit. I am not a professional racer or anything but I do enjoy drive my car hard once in a while and this is perfect feature for me instead stiffen up my suspensions further which gives me harshier rides. Some people might not agree with me, but people have different opinions.

Accoeding to Kreissieg tech folks, when the kreissieg unit is on silent mode, gas passes through the racing cats, x-cross pipe and silencer-resonators, which keeps the exhuast note minimal - silent mode, but on the F-1 mode most Gas travels through cleverly designed short straight pipes and little portion of gas runs thru the X-cross pipe to equalize the gas flow which in my tech book, very important feature at all driving conditions - maybe that's why all euro and japanese tunners are utilizing this sort of design to make sure the system gains and sustains powers. it is rather simple gas plumbing configuration but extremly well put together: smart design I would say.

Now, talking about the sound, I don't think any other system in the market currently creates and offers this sort of high-pitch note from our GT3 cars. I am quite amazed by the sound this thing produces and I am willing to compare my car sound after I get my kreissieg to other brands exhausts. if anyone interested - comparing the systems together, let me know.

All I am doing is informing you folks about this fine product and trying to get this product at a good price for whomever interested since I am very much interested in it. check out their site at http://www.kreissieg-usa.com
and PM me if you have any interests on this unit.

Joe, people has different opinions on things as they perceive things differently and as their needs are different from one another, their tastes on products may also be different. As a vendor, I think you should respect other people's opinions, not just try to feed feed your info here.. sorry but I had to say this.

Last edited by Tso GT3; 07-27-2006 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:51 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I thought TUV approved tuning products had to match any power claims?
Old 07-28-2006, 08:11 PM
Dubai911
Racer

If you are after a higher pitched note, then do checkout Supersprint, my car has the full setup, headers, cat bypass and mufflers. It is loud, real loud, Ferrari loud, brings a smile to my face every time I turn on the car in the garage. Love it when it makes that popping sound on closed throttle, especially when the car is not warmed up, and this is at very light throttle. Supersprint website claims 401 hp with this system.
http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm
Old 05-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dubai911
If you are after a higher pitched note, then do checkout Supersprint, my car has the full setup, headers, cat bypass and mufflers. It is loud, real loud, Ferrari loud, brings a smile to my face every time I turn on the car in the garage. Love it when it makes that popping sound on closed throttle, especially when the car is not warmed up, and this is at very light throttle. Supersprint website claims 401 hp with this system.
http://www.supersprint.com/homeuk.htm
Sorry for the thread revival but do you have any sound clips. I'm sure if it as good as you we'd all more than love to hear it!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:22 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Anyone else running the Supersprint exhaust?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:15 AM
jmla
Rennlist Member

...I've heard SS on E46M3's and it sounds damn good. Do you guys think that the car in this video really has a Europipe system or simply muffler bypasses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_66kadyYmM
Old 06-03-2008, 01:36 AM
roberga
Nordschleife Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Holger B
Joe, where's the San Francisco branch office? j/k

A few questions:
I've got your bypass pipes and what you wrote about the sound & weight is absolutely true (as long as you can stand the dB level). One problem is that due to the heat, the tips tarnish. Any way to keep them shiny?

I don't think the headers add much power, if any. True or not? Also, how is the ground clearance relative to stock?

Will the sport cats pass Cali smog testing? Do they throw CEL's?

What are the noise levels? (It's starting to matter at more and more tracks.)

$64k question...what's the group price for the whole setup or individual parts?

Thanks.
From my experience the headers,sport cats and mufflers work great. I put the sport cats on in Sept of 06 and all was fine. Last summer the CEL came on and Fabspeed replaced the cat without ANY push back. As a matter of fact, when I told Joe asbout the issue he said "just send it back and we will fix it". They stood by their product. The noise is right about 92db. Passed today at the track.

Last edited by roberga; 06-03-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:56 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Anyone heard J.N. Hephaiss new exhaust?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JXgcMHG-LME

Sounds great at 1:18 and 3:06
Old 06-03-2008, 03:01 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jmla
...I've heard SS on E46M3's and it sounds damn good. Do you guys think that the car in this video really has a Europipe system or simply muffler bypasses?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_66kadyYmM
Pretty sure he's running muffler bypass pipes.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:47 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by NJ-GT
In my experience, my FabSpeed MaxFlo mufflers with stock headers/stock cats were too loud for me.

My FabSpeed Mufflers bypass pipes took a lot of weight out of the car, but they were extremely loud for me. I even got headaches.

Currently, I'm running FabSpeed Cat bypass pipes with stock mufflers and stock headers. It sounds better than stock, but not as refined and nice as the CarGraphics system that made me start this discussion.

The Cargraphics system uses cross-pipe cats. They guarantee a power increase that is TUV certified.

The RUF powerkit uses cross-pipe cats. Power increase is TUV certified.

The PSI MotorSports kit uses cross-pipe cats. The Manthey Racing exhaust uses cross-pipe cats. Both of them with power gains TUV certified.

I heard a Cargraphics system, and an Europipe system. The Cargraphics sounds better than the Europipe, and the Europipe sounds much better than stock.

I don't think there is that much to gain with headers, because the 996 GT3 headers are used on the 996 GT3 Cup, same part numbers.

The beauty of the Kreissieg is the ability to bypass the mufflers and run headers-->cats-->outlets by pressing a button, then back to normal with a 30 lbs weight reduction.

NJ-GT have you decided between the RUF, PSI, CG and Manthey?

Does anyone have any pictures, clips or prices on these systems? Aside from the CG i cant find any...
Old 06-04-2008, 01:24 PM
EdwinLee
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

You can find the Manthey price at http://www.manthey-motors.de/mainframe.asp. The exhaust system is part of Manthey's M410 kit. The kit includes the exhaust system, airfilter and ECU remap. Olaf will not just sell you the exhaust, you have to buy the entire kit.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Carnerd
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by EdwinLee
You can find the Manthey price at http://www.manthey-motors.de/mainframe.asp. The exhaust system is part of Manthey's M410 kit. The kit includes the exhaust system, airfilter and ECU remap. Olaf will not just sell you the exhaust, you have to buy the entire kit.
I cant read it? Is there an English version?
Old 06-04-2008, 04:08 PM
zoomzoom
Racer

Manthey K400:

http://fc1.sevenoften.homeip.net/ima...larexpress.avi

Old 06-04-2008, 04:41 PM
EdwinLee
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Hi Carn3rd,

Try this!

http://www.manthey-motors.de/mainfra...lang=de&e1=155

Click on the Union Jack.

Quick Reply: Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?