Sponsored by:

Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2006, 11:57 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sharkster,

Do you by any chance have recorded any Europipe exhaust sound in WMV file? Would you please be able to send me one? Thank you very much for your help.
Old 07-07-2006, 12:18 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Europipe:

Europipe GT3 Video

Kreissieg (all the videos with the Loud setup):

Kreissieg GT3 Videos
Old 07-07-2006, 10:35 AM
Tso GT3
Instructor

NJ-GT

Thank you very much for your link. I am looking for Europipe exhaust in WMV file rather than the quick time file they provided on their web. Did you make up your mind on the Kreissieg exhaust system yet? I would like to first listen to Europipe exhaust and decide whether it's worth the extra money to go with either the Range911 or Kreissieg. Although the Kreissieg system sounds really awesome and the best of all their is a switch button in cabin to choose either silent mode or F-1 mode. After all, I really don't want my neighbors to get pissed off at me.
Old 07-07-2006, 11:27 AM
NJ-GT
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've heard the Europipe in person. The sound is similar to stock, deeper, cleaner, louder, but not as loud as the 996 PSE, great sound.

I'm still looking for someone with the Kreissieg Valvetronic installed. All the sound clips are for the loud mode (bypassing the mufflers, not the cats), I want to hear it in quiet mode.

The Range Ti system is not an option for me. I can't live with a loud exhaust everyday, and I don't want to get removed from the Solo and Track events with sound regulations (SCCA NE, LimeRock, some PCA Chapters).
Old 07-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

NJ-GT,

Are you going to get the stainless steel version or the titanium version? I wonder if they would sound different. I will call Kreissieg to see if they can send us a wmv file of the silent mode. I guess your take on the Europipe is a no go! Do you know how much are the Cargraphic ones? What's your experience on the Fabspeed ones? Thank you very much for your input!
Old 07-07-2006, 09:12 PM
DanH
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TSO, if you are talking to Kreissieg would you mind asking them what decibel ratings they make in each mode? Ideally drive by & static.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:37 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

DanH,

Sorry I wasn't able to check your message in time. I will check with Kreissieg the first thing Monday 7/10/2006 morning in regarding your question. I emailed them some question in regarding to their product but they haven't answered me yet. It would be great if we can start a group buy once they answered all our question and of course once we can get a huge discount. I am hoping we can get the titanium one for high 5k to mid 6k. Your GT3 RS looks awesome!
Old 07-11-2006, 01:03 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

I call the Kreissieg over at Chicago and they told me the warranty would be 1 year on parts. I will post more information when they get back to me on the silent WMV file and the decibel rating. Maybe we can get together and meet up with some of the GT3 in Chicago and visit the Kriessieg shop. I would love to hear the exhaust in person. Anyone interested?
Old 07-11-2006, 08:58 PM
dirtdoc
Advanced

I am certainly interested, let me know when you are planning the trip. I'll be relocating to Chicago this fall and would like to visit their facility with the intent of upgrading from Fabspeed Maxflo.
Old 07-11-2006, 11:19 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

dirtdoc! You have a PM!!
Old 07-12-2006, 03:09 AM
JimStrott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dirtdoc
...with the intent of upgrading from Fabspeed Maxflo.
Not happy with the Fabspeed?

-Jim
Old 07-12-2006, 12:54 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

Well, I think fabspeed is good for what it's worth? Kreissieg sounds so much better and you have the option to turn it loud and lower it down when you are in a tight neighborhood.

Jim Strott,

Are you far away from Kreissieg in Chicago? They have a 630 Area code. It would be great if you are close to the shop so we can plan a trip to meet up with dirtdoc in the fall. Better yet, we should plan so all the GT3s in Chicago and Milwaukee can meet up. It would be quite a scene and sound!
Old 07-14-2006, 03:26 PM
JimStrott
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Tso GT3
Are you far away from Kreissieg in Chicago? They have a 630 Area code. It would be great if you are close to the shop so we can plan a trip to meet up with dirtdoc in the fall. Better yet, we should plan so all the GT3s in Chicago and Milwaukee can meet up. It would be quite a scene and sound!
Probably a 90-minute drive for me.
I would be most interested!
Old 07-14-2006, 05:16 PM
dirtdoc
Advanced

Jim,

The Fabspeed mufflers are ok, they provide a decent sound and some weight reduction. But I'm looking for more of a visceral tone, something akin to the Supercup sound and like the idea of a reduction similar to the PSE I had on the C4s.

Being from Milwaukee, do you make the trip to Rd America often? I look forward to driving that track more than just about any other activity associated with moving to Chicago.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Tso GT3
Instructor

Dirtdoc,

What do you think of the sound of Kreissieg? We should all meet up when you move here and march down there for a group buy and a heavy discount. Thanks to NJ-GT for starting this thread. Otherwise I would never learned about this awesome Kreissieg for our GT3. I think once we set up a date I will contact NJ-GT to see if he is interested in meeting up with us. I know it is expensive but I have never heard anything like it. So keep in touch.

Quick Reply: Best Sound Exhaust System for a GT3?